Appreciate Bud P's article | Syracusefan.com

Appreciate Bud P's article

Fjoinkay

Starter
on the Syracuse fan base. I also wanted to make sure I could create a thread at the new site. But yeah, is it true that the Dome has sold out only one time? I like it that the PS is sticking it's neck out more to generate fan interest. SU football is great for CNY, and Doug Marrone is working his tail off to create a solid program.

I believe the PS short pieces on the players generate interest in the long run, but obviously the product on the field is huge. If SU takes care of business against Wake it will go a long way. I think the Pitt game last year was a temporary set back-not the loss but the lopsided nature of the loss.

Last year was phenomenal for the program in so many ways, and the big road wins @ USF and WV generated tremendous enthusiasm amidst the [large] portion of the local CNY fanbase that are decided fair weather.

The problem was, we squandered that enthusiasm by playing poorly at home. There were at least two games where the fans turned out [Pitt / Louisville] in high numbers following big road wins, only to have the team lay an egg.

This year, it will be important to get off to a good start. I've been saying since the schedule was released that I'd be shocked if we can't get to 5-1--that will go a long way toward bringing the fanbase around and selling tickets.

LGO!