Are we done? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Are we done?

I think it matters on where the depth chart is..

a #2 at a school where a kid might play 2 more yrs vs a #2 at a school where next yr is wide open
Maybe, but I don't think most kids are thinking that far ahead yet (Maybe after the Spring will be different). With the transfer Portal era, everything is year by year.

I agree. If, at the end of spring practice, a kid is 2nd on the QB depth chart, why would he transfer to SU to stay 2nd on the depth chart?
Depends on how many years he has left. He knows SU's starter is a one year rental and nobody else is clearly the heir apparent.

Depends on how many years he has left. He knows SU's starter is a one year rental and nobody else is clearly the heir apparent.
Still might be tough to get a quality QB out of the Portal as a good one wants to play right alway usually.

I really would feel better about the roster with 2 more OL that are ready to play/start out of the Portal. If we can protect the QB and open holes, we will score and win.

Still might be tough to get a quality QB out of the Portal as a good one wants to play right alway usually.

I really would feel better about the roster with 2 more OL that are ready to play/start out of the Portal. If we can protect the QB and open holes, we will score and win.
I think the spring portal will provide.

Yeah. Most wouldn't be interested. But we've only gotta find 1.

Biggest thing is finding someone capable as a backup. CDRW & the group of leftovers are not it. The freshman may be capable. Dungey was as a true Frosh if I’m not mistaken. Talent evaluation is more important than finding a backup with experience IMO.

Biggest thing is finding someone capable as a backup. CDRW & the group of leftovers are not it. The freshman may be capable. Dungey was as a true Frosh if I’m not mistaken. Talent evaluation is more important than finding a backup with experience IMO.
Dungey certainly was, since he was thrust into the 1st string job during the first game.

I agree. If, at the end of spring practice, a kid is 2nd on the QB depth chart, why would he transfer to SU to stay 2nd on the depth chart?
Because McCord is a one and done... an underclassmen would still have an opportunity to start for a couple years after this year.

By the end of spring ball HCFB will have to move approximately 10 more players off the roster to be at 85 come fall. We are presently at 91 and assuming 3 or 4 more additions 10 more will have to go... there's probably going to be a couple of surprises as far as who will not be on the roster come August.

By the end of spring ball HCFB will have to move approximately 10 more players off the roster to be at 85 come fall. We are presently at 91 and assuming 3 or 4 more additions 10 more will have to go... there's probably going to be a couple of surprises as far as who will not be on the roster come August.
Spring cuts a real thing

I can’t help but feel depressed that we aren’t getting daily awesome news. I can’t even find that warmth and comfort knowing what dart has done to date. I NEED A FIX. I’m chasing the dragon of cuse football

IMG_6130.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom