Are we good? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Are we good?

Most of last fall's 10 win team is intact. We have talent as replacements for those we lost to graduation.

Too many people are making too much of the Maryland game, game two of the season with a new QB under center, WRs that were beat up preseason (timing), and an O-line that was spliced together (out of position).

The Clemson game was what was expected, mostly. The D played well with Clemson until to worn out. The O proved there was room for improvement yet there were plenty of positives. I know, not enough to win a championship, but let's be real, we are not getting the elite talent yet.

Western Michigan is a better team than many give credit to. Likewise, Liberty could win 7-8 games and go bowling.

This team has the potential to run the table, not saying they will. Sure, we could lose many games, but so can any team. We have a staff that is focused, maybe not on what we as fans want, but let's be honest, we are not D1 football coaches, we don't watch these kids daily, interact with them daily, see them workout, see them practice, etc., etc., etc. The staff knows what they are doing, does anyone recall where we were pre-HCDB and crew? Has everyone forgotten the great upset wins with players that were not ACC level?

Guess what? With HCDB and crew, SU will not have many more upset victories. EVERYONE expects SU to play above their capabilities. Will there be down days? Yes. Will there be close calls? Yes. Will there be lopsided SU wins (like today)? Yes. Will there be great victories? Yes. Enjoy the ride.

To answer the OP: Yes, SU is a good team. SU is not an elite team. SU is not a bad team.

If the team can get to 6 or 7 wins and get better as the season goes on and build for next year, that would be a very good and successful season. Anything beyond that is bonus territory.

This team is ready to roll and I see at least 8 - 9 wins on the horizon. Games against NCSt., FSU & Duke can go either way and Pitt, BC & Wake will go down in the Dome.

I believe that Ward & Lynch are part of the issue with schemes and play calling. My concrn on offense is most running plays are between tackles even if not working. Most pass plays are to the sidelines. Last game that only changed after WM lost one of their DBs.
I hope this starts to change because they are setting up the skill players to fail.

Sure.

We are above average.

I really would like to see the team run the table so we can look back at some of these posts.

Realistically, probably an 8-9 win season, which most would have killed for a few years ago.

Sure.

We are above average.

I really would like to see the team run the table so we can look back at some of these posts.

Realistically, probably an 8-9 win season, which most would have killed for a few years ago.

How can you believe that after watching the first four weeks? Honest question.

Look who is left on the schedule

Can easily get to 7-5 or 8-4 and win a bowl, then you had an 8-9 win season

Most teams have not played the same level of competition to date, including the #1 team in the nation.

Wow are you being sarcastic?
Not at all.

I've seen bad SU football.

This is not bad SU football.

People's expectations were unworldly beginning of season.

I also watch other teams play.

There is not a team left on our schedule we cannot beat or lose too.

I tend to think we will win more toss-ups than we lose.

Not at all.

I've seen bad SU football.

This is not bad SU football.

People's expectations were unworldly beginning of season.

I also watch other teams play.

There is not a team left on our schedule we cannot beat or lose too.

I tend to think we will win more toss-ups than we lose.
I agree the ACC is Clemson and everyone else, I just don’t trust our d to stop anyone. I say 7 wins tops

It’s better than we are used to but when the coach says the d will carry us this year and we can’t stop a decent offense and our offense is dreadful I have tempered my expectations compared to the preseason hype

Our D played well with Clemson until they had no gas left in the tank, that is on the O. You have an argument in the Maryland game, but in Clemson and the other three games the D has done their job. Have there been mistakes? Yes. Did the D do their part? Yes. The pitched a shutout with Liberty, slowed down an high powered WMU offense and nearly shut out HC. Can they be better? Sure. HCDB has them on the way to being better. The team will continue to improve throughout the season, just like all of HCDB's teams do.

Our D played well with Clemson until they had no gas left in the tank, that is on the O. You have an argument in the Maryland game, but in Clemson and the other three games the D has done their job. Have there been mistakes? Yes. Did the D do their part? Yes. The pitched a shutout with Liberty, slowed down an high powered WMU offense and nearly shut out HC. Can they be better? Sure. HCDB has them on the way to being better. The team will continue to improve throughout the season, just like all of HCDB's teams do.
Wmu got beat like a drum by mich st, Liberty is terrible, wmu went up and down the field on us, Clemson if not for Lawrence’s 2 picks goes up and down the field too, Maryland doesn’t need explaining. so we’ve played really well against an fcs team and possibly the worst fbs team in the country

The D gave up over 600 yards and 33 points to a G5 team that coughed it up twice in scoring position and lost their top WR 5 min into the game. We got lucky

You can stop with this now. MD is horrible. Liberty, WMU, and Holy Cross are cannon fodder. This hasn’t been that hard of a schedule.

Before this weekend we had the 21st toughest schedule. I’m sure it’ll drop because we played HC and Md played like ass.

Wmu got beat like a drum by mich st, Liberty is terrible, wmu went up and down the field on us, Clemson if not for Lawrence’s 2 picks goes up and down the field too, Maryland doesn’t need explaining. so we’ve played really well against an fcs team and possibly the worst fbs team in the country
Rutgers is the worst team in the country. Please never forget that

You can stop with this now. MD is horrible. Liberty, WMU, and Holy Cross are cannon fodder. This hasn’t been that hard of a schedule.
Why watch SU football? Be a band wagon fan, Clemson, Bama, UGA, ND, OU...

Simply because the D does not get a stop on every possession does not equate to a bad D. We are 3-2. We can beat any team left on the schedule.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom