Are we good? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Are we good?

Wmu got beat like a drum by mich st, Liberty is terrible, wmu went up and down the field on us, Clemson if not for Lawrence’s 2 picks goes up and down the field too, Maryland doesn’t need explaining. so we’ve played really well against an fcs team and possibly the worst fbs team in the country

Rutgers says "help." By your measure, our D is not qualified to play for Rutgers. Think about your words. You previously agreed that 7 wins (which is what you expect from SU) is good. SU is 3-2 right now and you cannot enjoy the win.

And we can also lose to any team on the table
Why watch SU football? Be a band wagon fan, Clemson, Bama, UGA, ND, OU...

Simply because the D does not get a stop on every possession does not equate to a bad D. We are 3-2. We can beat any team left on the schedule.
Ahhh the crutch of the well entrenched, pull out the old why even be a fan routine huh? So by your rules, fans aren’t allowed to question things. I’ve been going to games for decades so I’ll continue to do so whether I think out defense is a major liability or not.

Simply because the D does not get a stop on every possession does not equate to a bad D. We are 3-2. We can beat any team left on the schedule.
Stop crying about people giving their own opinions, just because people are critical of the team does not mean they don’t root for them. If you think everything is fine with the d you are in the tiny minority on this board I believe

The D gave up over 600 yards and 33 points to a G5 team that coughed it up twice in scoring position and lost their top WR 5 min into the game. We got lucky

Did we get the win? The D did well enough to let the O outscore the opponent. You conveniently left out the fact that two of or starting DBS did not play, nor did our O-line play in position. Not sure of your point because you are not being intellectually honest. Take the facts en toto, don't cherry pick what you want to prove a point when the facts show otherwise. So WMU didn't have their best in the game, we were down two DBs and still won. Applying your logic to SU's position, SU is a world beater. We know that is not true, but it does not equate to SU having a terrible D.

Did we get the win? The D did well enough to let the O outscore the opponent. You conveniently left out the fact that two of or starting DBS did not play, nor did our O-line play in position. Not sure of your point because you are not being intellectually honest. Take the facts en toto, don't cherry pick what you want to prove a point when the facts show otherwise. So WMU didn't have their best in the game, we were down two DBs and still won. Applying your logic to SU's position, SU is a world beater. We know that is not true, but it does not equate to SU having a terrible D.

This - it wasn't that long ago if we were down a few guys forget it.

And we can also lose to any team on the table

Ahhh the crutch of the well entrenched, pull out the old why even be a fan routine huh? So by your rules, fans aren’t allowed to question things. I’ve been going to games for decades so I’ll continue to do so whether I think out defense is a major liability or not.

I pulled it out because you refuse to use all the facts, you are unreasonable, thus may statement is as valid as yours. More so, because you force yourself into misery refusing to see anything but negatives. Try using all the facts (like SU had two starting DBs out for the WMU game).

For me, the stat thrown out there by the analyst on how Holy Cross is giving up 289 rushing yards/game this season and we only had 89 yards rushing with about 6 minutes left in the 3Q spoke volumes.

I don’t know man. It’s pretty hard to say that every fan should be unequivocally optimistic after five games. I agree we can beat anyone but there is also a ton of room for improvement.

For me, the stat thrown out there by the analyst on how Holy Cross is giving up 289 rushing yards/game this season and we only had 89 yards rushing with about 6 minutes left in the 3Q spoke volumes.
Yeah that's tough, but we also passed a bunch

I don’t know man. It’s pretty hard to say that every fan should be unequivocally optimistic after five games. I agree we can beat anyone but there is also a ton of room for improvement.
I agree, there is room for improvement. The OP was whether SU was good or not. Do you think SU wins 7 or more? If so, isn't that the measure of good as 6 wins is average, 7 is better than average, which is generally considered good.

Sure.

We are above average.

I really would like to see the team run the table so we can look back at some of these posts.

Realistically, probably an 8-9 win season, which most would have killed for a few years ago.
We’re a lot closer to 4-8 than 8-4 at this point.

Playing the back ups will solve the problem? So dramatic as well with your mention of the two coordinators as if neither have had any success here. They also work for Dino.
No, playing the backups will see how they do in game situations. Can they be that much worse than what is not producing now?

Interesting to see during the broadcast today the 3 announcers picks for the top 6 in the ACC were at the moment. I wonder where we would've placed had they did top 10? Additionally, when they had that segment with the 'ol Georgia and Miami coach, he stated that based upon what he has seen of Syracuse to date, didn't see how they'd get themselves out of the bottom half of the Atlantic division.

Yeah that's tough, but we also passed a bunch

We did, however, one I guess can make the argument that we passed a bunch because we had little to no success running the ball. And, we had that stretch in the game where we couldn't do either as I believe we had 4 straight possessions that ended with punts, which should never happen against a Holy Cross team, certainly not if our O was rolling.

Interesting to see during the broadcast today the 3 announcers picks for the top 6 in the ACC were at the moment. I wonder where we would've placed had they did top 10? Additionally, when they had that segment with the 'ol Georgia and Miami coach, he stated that based upon what he has seen of Syracuse to date, didn't see how they'd get themselves out of the bottom half of the Atlantic division.
Richt also thinks Pitt is the 4th best ACC team and Miami is one of the top ACC teams as well. His word isn’t law

Interesting to see during the broadcast today the 3 announcers picks for the top 6 in the ACC were at the moment. I wonder where we would've placed had they did top 10? Additionally, when they had that segment with the 'ol Georgia and Miami coach, he stated that based upon what he has seen of Syracuse to date, didn't see how they'd get themselves out of the bottom of the Atlantic division.
Mark Richt is
We did, however, one I guess can make the argument that we passed a bunch because we had little to no success running the ball. And, we had that stretch in the game where we couldn't do either as I believe we had 4 straight possessions that ended with punts, which should never happen if our O was rolling, especially against a Holy Cross team.
6 of first 7 plays were passes
Screenshot_20190928-172311.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom