Are we good? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Are we good?

Interesting to see during the broadcast today the 3 announcers picks for the top 6 in the ACC were at the moment. I wonder where we would've placed had they did top 10? Additionally, when they had that segment with the 'ol Georgia and Miami coach, he stated that based upon what he has seen of Syracuse to date, didn't see how they'd get themselves out of the bottom half of the Atlantic division.

Wes did his on Monday or Tuesday and I THINK Cuse was 8... Dont quote me, but I think I am right.

Richt also thinks Pitt is the 4th best ACC team and Miami is one of the top ACC teams as well. His word isn’t law

I'm glad you clarified for me that his word isn't law. ;) :) Also, the graphic they pulled up did not mention anything about Richt's pics, it was Woody Durham's (pbp guy) the analyst and the big permed dude on the field. :)

Why watch SU football? Be a band wagon fan, Clemson, Bama, UGA, ND, OU...

Simply because the D does not get a stop on every possession does not equate to a bad D. We are 3-2. We can beat any team left on the schedule.
We can also lose to any team left on our schedule. Should be a fun 7 weeks. I hope

It’s better than we are used to but when the coach says the d will carry us this year and we can’t stop a decent offense and our offense is dreadful I have tempered my expectations compared to the preseason hype

I hold out more hope for the defense than the offense. When Cisco is back, that will help.

The offense...you can’t do much without a solid line.

I think we’re a 5-7 or 6-6 team based on our inconsistencies. The good thing is the ACC is so up and down week over week that who the hell knows what will happen. I highly doubt we win out and I think our ceiling should be recalibrated to the bell bowl.

i think we will at make 6 wins minimum with how bad the rest of the acc is and the way the schedule lines up for home/away

Of the remaining games:
NCST- Tough Thursday night road game against a team with talent. True toss up.
Pitt - who the hell knows. We do play them better at home.
BC - bad matchup for our D. We likely face a healthy Dillon this year and this is where Armstrong could get embarrassed if he doesn’t step up.
FSU - see above and replace Dillion with cam Akers.
Lville - road game but we should win
Duke - is VT just terrible this year? Still a road game against a talented team.
wake - that offense in the dome will look like the last time they played in cuse unless the defense makes big improvement.

Of the remaining games:
BC - bad matchup for our D. We likely face a healthy Dillon this year and this is where Armstrong could get embarrassed if he doesn’t step up.
Duke - is VT just terrible this year? Still a road game against a talented team.
wake - that offense in the dome will look like the last time they played in cuse unless the defense makes big improvement.

Remember when people were laughing at FSU, like we were way beyond them as a program because we beat them once?

Good times.

Prior to today we were ranked 124th out of 130 FBS teams in total yards allowed per game. That equates to a bad defense.

Man, what will it take for people to accept that the D has performed poorly so far this year?

Of the remaining games:
BC has that giant back as well. They will pound the ball at the D on the ground unless they can stop it.

Prior to today we were ranked 124th out of 130 FBS teams in total yards allowed per game. That equates to a bad defense.

Thats only because we played Clemson...

Update:
We are above average
Which means 7-5 or 8-4 regular season
Step back from cliff

Update:
We are above average
Which means 7-5 or 8-4 regular season
Step back from cliff

What is your rationale for considering us an above average football team right now? We are 90th in total offense and 124th in total defense against 1 great but beatable team and 4 other average/bad teams.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom