Are you freakin kidding me? | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Are you freakin kidding me?

Is that photoshopped!!?

BhSZt4JCYAAqDtc.jpg

Cowtown said:
I don't think I'd risk an injury to one of my players by doing that.
Me neither. But the NCAA could make it a point of emphasis like the nfl sideline rule.

Turgeon is terrible. For all Gary's antics, he never pulled stuff like this. And he actually - novel idea - coached a hell of a game. Turgeon is in year 3 and only getting worse. He's by far a bigger embarrassment than Edsall.

Well, I ref in FIBA, and the rule on technical fouls is pretty much the same, IIRC. It's very broadly written for the purpose of wide application, and it states ...

Art. 38 Technical foul
38.1 Rules of conduct
38.1.1 The proper conduct of the game demands the full and loyal cooperation of the players and team bench personnel with the officials, table officials and commissionner, if present.
38.1.2 Each team shall do its best to secure victory, but this must be done in the spirit of sportsmanship and fair play.
38.1.3 Any deliberate or repeated non-cooperation or non-compliance with the spirit and intent of this rule shall be considered as a technical foul.

There's more, but that's the essence of it.

edit: Firing the ball at the coach is not within the "spirit of sportsmanship."

Well how about having a walk-on who inbounds the ball makes a bee line for him and truck his @ss. The excuse could be I was watching the ball and did not see him.

Given that, I can see the player getting a T, as well as being angry about it since the opposing coach was violating the spirit of sportsmanship by being on the floor.

and we may as well T up the Ref too for failing in the sportmanship department.

and we may as well T up the Ref too for failing in the sportmanship department.
It would be awesome to see a Coach pull a citizen's arrest type of scenario and T up a ref.

Well how about having a walk-on who inbounds the ball makes a bee line for him and truck his @ss. The excuse could be I was watching the ball and did not see him.

Sounds like something a John Thompson would send a Michael Graham clone out to do. :eek:

Sounds like something a John Thompson would send a Michael Graham clone out to do. :eek:

A Michael Graham clone would run the ref over, then get a chair, bash him in the head and take his wallet/car keys.

"The rules prohibit the head coach from being outside the prescribed coaching box. After a warning, a technical foul shall be assessed when a coach is clearly and completely outside his/her box."

Pretty clear. Prolem is that the refs are not issuing the warning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom