Are you rooting for the ACC? | Syracusefan.com

Are you rooting for the ACC?

longislandcuse

Living Legend
In the Big East we needed to root for our conference brethren to beast on the court due to the garbage football side.

Now that we're in a stable conference, are you rooting for or against ACC teams?

I'm rooting for UVA and NC State. Pitt, Duke and UNC can all lose first round and ill be happy.

In the Big East we needed to root for our conference brethren to beast on the court due to the garbage football side.

Now that we're in a stable conference, are you rooting for or against ACC teams?

I'm rooting for UVA and NC State. Pitt, Duke and UNC can all lose first round and ill be happy.

I will root for SU and Pitt only! Still dislike ACC... I will root against ACC unless they are playing Kentucky!!! Don't kid yourself, ACC people hate Syracuse and Pitt.

Ill actually be rooting for the old BE teams, or at least the teams from our BE. I have no love for the ACC. Sorry I will not be cheering for Duke or UNC, except if they play UK. Everyone else in conference is a who cares. I used to enjoy supporting all the BE teams and having the pride of being in the biggest, baddest bball conference. Now, not so much. Maybe it will change but not this year.

I will root for all the higher seeded/under dog teams to win so that SU's road is as easy as possible. If I had to root for any of the top seeds, I think it would begin and end with Nova. I will NEVER root for Pitt. Puck Fitt.

Last edited:
Why would anyone root for the old Big East teams? I could care less about them now.

I kind of like Providence but from an underdog standpoint only, not their BE affiliation.

Depends on the matchup. Against any B1G team I will.

Absolutely rooting for the ACC teams. Have to show up those who said ACC was an inferior conference this year. And as Texan Mark said, we get MONEY based on how the ACC teams do. We had to leave a lot of money on the table (NCAA units) when we left the Big East last year ... including a lot we had won for the conference. Conference pride and monetary rewards based on how the ACC teams do. I am all for it.

PS... I am astounded by all the sudden love for Pitt in this thread. It was not too long ago that folks here HATED Pitt when we were both in the Big East. Really strange how you guys suddenly embrace them to the exclusion of the other ACC teams.

I will however admit that I am rooting for Providence against UNC. But that is because I know and like Ed Cooley and admire the job he has done there.

Last edited:
We are in the ACC, so when the ACC does well, we do well. I'll root for the ACC teams the same way I did for the BE teams (except G-Town).

I really don't know how I am going to feel during this year's tourney. I'm very conflicted. As I said in an earlier thread, I don't have my usual excitement. Maybe the conference change plays into that, I don't know. It's going to be very difficult to root for teams I've always rooted against.

As someone who spent 20 years in acc country and always rooted for the big east in tourney, the answer now is hell no. Conference loyalty is dead.

I root for the ACC...units, units, units=$$$

How does that work mark? Does the conference split all these units equally, or do the teams that advance get more...? The valuation of our team was credited with increased revenue because of our successful recent tourney runs. Sweet 16 or farther means more $$$. At leaSt it did in the BE. Also, any idea what each round is worth this year?

Huh? Please clarify. You rooted for Georgetown why?

I'll do it... But I won't like it. Mostly referring to Duke and NC of course.;)

Last edited:
PS... I am astounded by all the sudden love for Pitt in this thread. It was not too long ago that folks here HATED Pitt when we were both in the Big East. Really strange how you guys suddenly embrace them to the exclusion of the other ACC teams.

Im with you here. Really weird to see the Pitt love. If there's one team in the ACC to lose early, its Pitt. There isn't a coach I root harder against in America than Jamie Dixon. I'll root for the rest of the conference.

Yup, trying to make the transition. Except I always rooted for Duke and UNC unless they played a Big East team. Then I stayed neutral. (Hey, I can't help where I used to live and go to school!) My loyalties have been split for so long that I honestly don't know what's going on inside of me at the moment. I just mostly want our good team to come back. That's what I want more than anything. Other than that, for the rest of my life, I will talk the ACC talk, and perhaps one day I will actually be doing the ACC walk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom