Ari Gold | Syracusefan.com

Ari Gold

What a presser. Another awkward, ugly moment where Boeheim goes after a reporter (sometimes justified; this time he misunderstood the Frank Howard reference - passionate defense, though).

Then, things suddenly get jolly with Coach revealing he's a big fan of Entourage, and even mentioned Turtle. Hmmm... maybe that's not a bowl of Doritos being passed around the Boeheim living room when the TV is on.

Watching McNamara coach the team during the under-12 timeout while Boeheim spent the whole time laughing with Ari at the scorer's table was one of the strangest things I've seen during his tenure.

Any coaching that happens in that window is wildly overrated, but still. Weird look.

Watching McNamara coach the team during the under-12 timeout while Boeheim spent the whole time laughing with Ari at the scorer's table was one of the strangest things I've seen during his tenure.

Any coaching that happens in that window is wildly overrated, but still. Weird look.

We were leading by what, 50? ;)

Does anyone else find it bizarre that these celebrities come to random games?

I get it if it's SU-Duke, but SU-Bucknell...

Cool but just a little weird.

6 Degrees of Adam Weitsman.

he and the school must be bringing in guest celebs on a regular basis, maybe to hype attendance or to get national publicity. Unfortunately Piven appears to be at a career nadir so he may have needed the publicity himself.

I got crickets when I asked about the Syracuse Production Company on the entertainment board but gee whiz, I wonder why an actor would be in Syracuse.

he and the school must be bringing in guest celebs on a regular basis, maybe to hype attendance or to get national publicity. Unfortunately Piven appears to be at a career nadir so he may have needed the publicity himself.

Yikes. That is a lot of allegations. Maybe Kevin Spacey is available for a game.

I got crickets when I asked about the Syracuse Production Company on the entertainment board but gee whiz, I wonder why an actor would be in Syracuse.
Piven does standup comedy. He is in upstate NY to do a show in Buffalo.

Here is a story on the movie studio that appears to be thriving in an old school in the village of Liverpool

I am told properly values for houses in the village are booming, in part because people from the studio are snapping them up.

The state spent $15 million to retrofit a building they built to attract a manufacturer for use as a movie studio. It sits largely unused while this old school in the middle of a quiet residential area is buzzing with activity.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom