Arkansas hires Chad Morris | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Arkansas hires Chad Morris

Is there any way in hell Venables leaves Clemson for Arkansas??!!??

That's not even a lateral move, it's a downgrade.
i don't know what's up down or lateral anymore

i always thought FSU>aTm (the school, not the disgusting intimate maneuver although I assume FSU is better than that too)

i always thought FSU>aTm (the school, not the disgusting intimate maneuver although I assume FSU is better than that too)
Apparently Jameis was very familiar with that move. Just saying

aTm is probably a tougher path to the title, but it's in Texas, it's in the SEC, and it's $75M guaranteed. So that separates it from probably any other factor.

I don't know the draw of leaving Clemson for Arkansas as an assistant. Clemson has the money, facilities in place, path to championship. I would imagine that Chad is helping his buddy get a raise to highest DC salary on earth.

aTm is probably a tougher path to the title, but it's in Texas, it's in the SEC, and it's $75M guaranteed. So that separates it from probably any other factor.

I don't know the draw of leaving Clemson for Arkansas as an assistant. Clemson has the money, facilities in place, path to championship. I would imagine that Chad is helping his buddy get a raise to highest DC salary on earth.

Chad was at SMU the last few years. It's not your fault - the current Clemson co-OCs are easy to forget

Doesn't he pretty much already have the highest DC salary on earth? At least for college football?
I thought the word was that Dabo paid all his assistants, especially the coordinators, BIGLY $.

Could see him leaving for a HC job, assuming he has aspirations for that - but a DC at another P5 school?
Especially one that has enjoyed a LOT less recent success??
Not getting that, at all.

The vast majority of Chad's recruiting ties are in Texas. While they have a decent number of TX kids, most of Arkansas's recruits generally come from Arkansas with a good number from Louisiana as well. This looks like Arky decided to go the cheap route.

The vast majority of Chad's recruiting ties are in Texas. While they have a decent number of TX kids, most of Arkansas's recruits generally come from Arkansas with a good number from Louisiana as well. This looks like Arky decided to go the cheap route.

Not really a "good" number of players from LA. They have/recruit more kids from TX. The last 3 coaches there have all recruited more players from Texas than from LA. Over the last 11 years (3 coaches) they've averaged:

9 AR players per year
5 TX players per year
2 LA players per year

Petrino recruited significantly more players from AR and TX then the other two guys. Petrino and Beilema recruited the same amount of LA kids.

Arkansas is weird...going to the SEC I don't think really helped them. They need to be tied to the TX HS scene to excel. Arkansas needs to mine LA, East TX and DFW for impact players.

Arkansas is weird...going to the SEC I don't think really helped them. They need to be tied to the TX HS scene to excel. Arkansas needs to mine LA, East TX and DFW for impact players.

Agreed and maybe that's his plan but he's now got Jumbo Jimbo to recruit against in TX as well as Herman, Patterson, Riley and Gundy. UT, TAMU, TCU, OK and OKSt will almost always get dibs on kids before Arky.