Army is a handful | Syracusefan.com

Army is a handful

Houston is also missing its starting dline.
New DC.
Starting QB is out.
Having said all that yes they have been flying all over the field and are coached really well, it will make for some interesting games.

Did anybody just see Houston punt from armys 29 yd line???!!!! Unbelievable!!! Down 42...lol

not sure whey people complain about playing GT option and yet we turn around and want to play army

Rough day for the P6. Their 2nd best team loses to the 5th or 6th best team in the ACC Atlantic, and their 3rd best team getting curb stomped. Applewhite rubs me the wrong way, so this is nice to watch.

New DC.
Starting QB is out.
Having said all that yes they have been flying all over the field and are coached really well, it will make for some interesting games.

Yes, the bowl seasons vibe has changed. The days of striving to WIN a bowl game is long gone. Today, its about MAKING a bowl game and enjoying the benefits of the extra practices and getting a look at young players. Its more a start of the next season than it is an extension of the season beinf celebrated. its too bad. Players with borderline injuries are shut down, pro prospects dont play, and teams experiment and get a look at new players. sad bc this is extending into some historically big time bowls.

New DC.
Starting QB is out.
I was at the game today, cause it was a nice day and football! That explains why Houston looked so inept, they kept shooting themselves in the foot. Still, army was the better team.
Made me wonder about the quality of UH conference.

Norm Gerber's Defensive strategy's always handled those offenses. (Army only beat Colgate by 2 TD's). Anyone would be wise to follow Norms blueprint

I wish we could play them every year.

From its “cool“ to play a Military school in state yes, from a recruiting stand point and expanding our footprint id rather do it every 5-10 years

In 5 years the blocking rules are going to make life tough for the academy football teams.

Norm Gerber's Defensive strategy's always handled those offenses. (Army only beat Colgate by 2 TD's). Anyone would be wise to follow Norms blueprint
He was a really good dc and game day coach. Great adjuster on the fly.

In 5 years the blocking rules are going to make life tough for the academy football teams.

I doubt they will change.

BTW, 0 knee injuries for Houston yesterday. In fact, I particularly watched the Oline and they cut block much less than I believe people think. They stay low, but they aren't always going for the knees.

One thing that was striking to me was that size-wise at the line Army looked bigger than Houston.

BTW, 0 knee injuries for Houston yesterday. In fact, I particularly watched the Oline and they cut block much less than I believe people think. They stay low, but they aren't always going for the knees.

One thing that was striking to me was that size-wise at the line Army looked bigger than Houston.

Plus it's easier to avoid knee injuries when you're not looking to tackle anyone.

We shall see. Let's revisit in a few years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom