Orangeyes Daily Articles for Monday - Army Week Articles and Videos | Syracusefan.com

Orangeyes Daily Articles for Monday Army Week Articles and Videos

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Syracuse vs Army
Sunday, February 23, 2020 | 1:00 p.m.

No TV: ACC Network Extra Streaming Only

You can only watch online on ACC Network Extra through Watch ESPN or by using the ESPN app for tablets and mobile devices.

You can also listen to the game on TK99 (99.5 FM) in Syracuse, or WAER (88.3 FM).

Really looking forward to this. This game always seems to come down to the wire, it will be good to be tested, and if they can produce more than another one goal game, that will be a great sign.

Article has a couple more comments on Mellen. "It’s going to be a week-to-week thing,” Desko said. “He’s responded pretty well. I don’t care to guess when he’ll be back. We expect him back at some point in the season.”

Article has a couple more comments on Mellen. "It’s going to be a week-to-week thing,” Desko said. “He’s responded pretty well. I don’t care to guess when he’ll be back. We expect him back at some point in the season.”

Desko would be better of not commenting then saying something so ambiguous. "At some point this season" could be Hobart next week or Virginia in 2 months. Hope I am wrong but this feels like something that's going to linger for a while.

No. 9 Army at No. 5 Syracuse, 1 p.m. Sunday on ACC Network Extra
Last Time: Syracuse 10, Army 8 on ACC Network Extra
The Skinny: Army-Syracuse in the Dome tends to be a fantastic game. Army was as hot as any team in the country heading into this week, going 3-0 in its first games and outscoring opponents 51-9, before falling to Marist midweek. Syracuse has shown off a new-look offense with transfer Chase Scanlan, and a shutdown defense in its second game vs. Binghamton, however Nick Mellen has been sidelined with an injury. Alberici said this week to Inside Lacrosse it is a Syracuse team “as good as he’s seen.” There will be fireworks in the Dome Sunday.

Desko would be better of not commenting then saying something so ambiguous. "At some point this season" could be Hobart next week or Virginia in 2 months. Hope I am wrong but this feels like something that's going to linger for a while.

I know. At this point I'll be happy if he is healthy and at 100% come ACC time. That is when I think we will really need him. Until then all we can say is thank goodness we have Kennedy. Feel fine with him covering Nichtern, Mullins, and a healthy Epstein or Cole Williams. When we go up against duos like Pat Kavanaugh (who looks great) and Morin, Teat and Piatelli, or Moore and Kraus, we will really benefit from both of them.

I know. At this point I'll be happy if he is healthy and at 100% come ACC time. That is when I think we will really need him. Until then all we can say is thank goodness we have Kennedy. Feel fine with him covering Nichtern, Mullins, and a healthy Epstein or Cole Williams. When we go up against duos like Pat Kavanaugh (who looks great) and Morin, Teat and Piatelli, or Moore and Kraus, we will really benefit from both of them.

Agreed, while we could really use him now, Kennedy gives us an outstanding replacement to hold the fort down assuming this isn't a long term thing. Personally I hope he is back for Hobart as he has been a huge thorn in their side his whole career including two straight years of blanking their top attackmen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom