Arod and Mike Francesa- right now | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Arod and Mike Francesa- right now

Bahahaha. Remember the old days when Sox fans used to be totally fixated on the Yankees? Sad really what has happened...

Ps - I know a player who had a really weird career resurgence at age 37...had his highest avg, obp, slugging, and hr's in three years! Then, as happens to many PED users, he fell victim to the injury bug. Anyone want to guess the player?? Anyone??
Yeah, well Red Sox fans today honestly fear the Rays and their plucky manager who thinks he is a genius more than they do binder Girardi and the Yankees. The Yankees are still the Red Sox biggest rivals, but I can tell you I fear the Yankees a lot less than now that the Boss George Steinbrenner has passed away. That guy never cared about payroll or wasn't scared to spend whatever it took to win another World Series. Hank and Hal are not like their father and don't scare this Red Sox or any fan who can actually look at the big picture. The Red Sox farm system is a lot better than the Yankees farm system.

Btw: Those for complaining about Ortiz I mean seriously his numbers were good this year, but why don't those like Francesa throw some stones at Andy Pettitte I mean that guy is 41 years old and Ortiz is 37. Ortiz BA in 2008 and 2009 were poor but his power/RBI production was never out of line as to what he has done in 2010-2013. Keep complaining my Yankee fan friends don't talk about Ortiz because they know while he has had good years the only thing he has done better these past few years is raise his BA which all depends as to where you balls in play go. His power hasn't changed and his walk totals have been consistent.

Last edited:
Yeah, well Red Sox fans today honestly fear the Rays and their plucky manager who thinks he is a genius more than they do binder Girardi and the Yankees. The Yankees are still the Red Sox biggest rivals, but I can tell you I fear the Yankees a lot less than now that the Boss George Steinbrenner has passed away. That guy never cared about payroll or wasn't scared to spend whatever it took to win another World Series. Hank and Hal are not like their father and don't scare this Red Sox or any fan who can actually look at the big picture. The Red Sox farm system is a lot better than the Yankees farm system.

Btw: Those for complaining about Ortiz I mean seriously his numbers were good this year, but why don't those like Francesa throw some stones at Andy Pettitte I mean that guy is 41 years old and Ortiz is 37. Ortiz BA in 2008 and 2009 were poor but his power/RBI production was never out of line as to what he has done in 2010-2013. Keep complaining my Yankee fan friends don't talk about Ortiz because they know while he has had good years the only thing he has done better these past few years is raise his BA which all depends as to where you balls in play go. His power hasn't changed and his walk totals have been consistent.
why throw stones at future HOFer Andy Pettitte??

he took HGH 11 years ago in the offseason to help him recover quicker from elbow surgery? id guess 100% of the players back then did that too.

steroids were always the evil, HGH got roped into it later.

guarantee you hes been clean ever since.

its not like he had to change his name, get cut, go on the cheap to boston, hook up with mr steriod himself manny, find power, excel, go off during the no-no years, see his avg drop all the way to 230, find a way to beat the system, get avg back, get accused, deny it, and live in boston bliss as the world hates on a hateable player in arod.

ortiz, or arias and his big swollen head...CURRENT STEROID USER.

he took HGH 11 years ago in the offseason to help him recover quicker from elbow surgery? id guess 100% of the players back then did that too.

its not like he had to change his name, get cut, go on the cheap to boston, hook up with mr steriod himself manny, find power, excel, go off during the no-no years, see his avg drop all the way to 230, find a way to beat the system, get avg back, get accused, deny it, and live in boston bliss as the world hates on a hateable player in arod.

Guess what team has had the most players busted for steroids??

First off Pettitte nor Ortiz are HOFs. Pettitte would qualify for the Hall of Very Very Good but he isn't a HOF. He has had a perfect ballpark and offense to help his career, but never even during his prime was he a dominant starter. Pettitte has never won a Cy Young Award an ERA title or a strikeout crown. He was good but he isn't a HOF.

He deserves to have this HGH brought up because he trained with Roger Clemens and please don't tell me crap couldn't have happened there. A-Rod is getting hammered because of the $$$ if Ortiz had more smoke than it would be tough on him. Dan Shaughnessy is doing everything he can to try and cause a crap storm, but all Ortiz has on him right now is that 2003 test and I already talked about it above.

Bahahaha. Remember the old days when Sox fans used to be totally fixated on the Yankees? Sad really what has happened...

Ps - I know a player who had a really weird career resurgence at age 37...had his highest avg, obp, slugging, and hr's in three years! Then, as happens to many PED users, he fell victim to the injury bug. Anyone want to guess the player?? Anyone??

Tread lightly. Very lightly.

haha It definitely seemed that way. I think A-Rod has officially lost his mind. How can you deny something that you've already admitted to in the past?

Selig is a crap commissioner, but he's playing A-rod like a fiddle right now.

Exactly, and why would he offer to pay $1M to destroy records of the place?

ARod is right that the Yankees and Selig are out to get rid of him, but all the fans want him gone, too.

Here is a video that refutes everything you just said. Ortiz was a stud all along, and it was obvious to other HoF power hitters before it was apparent to everybody else. The Twins badly misused him, and it was Terry Francona setting him loose in 2003 that turned him into a star.

I don't expect to change your opinion, because you don't live in reality for the most part, but here it is:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...jr-and-lean-papi-ortiz-in-1996-home-run-derby

Here is a fairly balanced discussion of Ortiz and his place in history. The thread starts before the playoffs and the latest posts are today.

http://sonsofsamhorn.net/topic/79367-david-ortiz-elder-batsman/

Here is a video that refutes everything you just said. Ortiz was a stud all along, and it was obvious to other HoF power hitters before it was apparent to everybody else. The Twins badly misused him, and it was Terry Francona setting him loose in 2003 that turned him into a star.

I don't expect to change your opinion, because you don't live in reality for the most part, but here it is:

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...jr-and-lean-papi-ortiz-in-1996-home-run-derby

Here is a fairly balanced discussion of Ortiz and his place in history. The thread starts before the playoffs and the latest posts are today.

See people, all the evidence points to Ortiz being the biggest PED guy of this generation.

Next up the hr derby from 86 that he was in and a post thread from the DR.

See people, all the evidence points to Ortiz being the biggest PED guy of this generation.

No way. Before:
a6cd42c6-5621-4edb-aa87-c624c3cffefc.jpg

See, I told you actual evidence to the contrary would be ignored. lol

See, I told you actual evidence to the contrary would be ignored. lol
??

Weren't u being sarcastic?

a 96 HR derby and the sons of freakin Sam horn?

on the edit, you do realize that in the 90s. just about every minor leaguer was probably juicing.

and i hate to say it, but id imagine most non Americans got away with it.

sosa was never caught. is he innocent?

and grantland is another boston sympathetic rag.

Last edited:

The thing I don't get about the video is this:

ARod and Griffey look sort of similar to what they looked like as major league players. Ortiz looked like he was the same size as them at the time (actually probably a bit skinnier). Ortiz is the only one who really looks vastly different since then, and that's evidence that ARod did steroids??

Confused.

Last edited:
He deserves to have this HGH brought up because he trained with Roger Clemens and please don't tell me crap couldn't have happened there.

Just like Ortiz and the rest of the 2004 Red Sox who seemed to have had career years. Always wondered if "Cowboy Up" meant get a 'roid injection. Ortiz sucked until he teamed up with Manny. Remember, Manny & Ortiz & A-Rod were supposed to be best buds. All of them Dominican-Americans like the majority of the players hit with 50 games suspensions this year. I think steroids are rampant in the DR because the payday is so great in MLB.

I absolutely love how Red Sox fans conveniently forget or are probably too young to remember because of they've recently jumped on the bandwagon:

A: George Mitchell, head of the steroid investigation in 2006. Good friend of Selig and former board member/director of the Boston Red Sox. Funny how not one current Red Sock player was on the list of those that got investigated in '06. Hmm.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/14/sports/baseball/14mitchell.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

B. And it was the Texas Rangers that overpaid for ARod in 2000 and changed the game for everyone else. What did Boston sign Nomar for when his contract was up for renewal? Wasn't he the number two shortstop at the time? Or do we all forget now that he is just one of the many Red Sox players that got ran out of town when they didn't live up to expectations? And by the way, Selig was on watch when all of this was going on including Arod's contract with Texas.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/news/2000/12/11/rangers_arod_ap/

And the Red Sox would have killed to get ARod in 2003 but couldn't work out a trade that included Nomar and Manny - the other steroid user. But then again, selective memories you Red Sox fans have.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/gammons/story?id=1855557

And stop crying about payroll for crissakes. For a fanbase that just saw their team win the world series for the 2nd time in 3 years you really need to stop whining.

Let us take a look at how those salaries have shaped up as the fireworks go off on baseball’s 2013 season.
  1. New York Yankees — $228,995,945
  2. Los Angeles Dodgers — $216,302,909
  3. Philadelphia — $159,578,214
  4. Boston — $158,967,286
http://gamedayr.com/sports/2013-mlb-payroll-for-each-baseball-team/

Last edited:
They don't have a positive test, and under Selig's direction MLB bypassed the CBA and gave ARod a unique punishment.

I completely get where ARod and his advisors/legal team are pushing for Selig to explain this and have to represent himself.

Look, I get that ARod is a dweeb, but that doesn't give MLB license to break protocol. And of all the things baseball could break protocol for, they pick this?

I absolutely love how Red Sox fans conveniently forget or are probably too young to remember because of they've recently jumped on the bandwagon:

A: George Mitchell, head of the steroid investigation in 2006. Good friend of Selig and former board member/director of the Boston Red Sox. Funny how not one current Red Sock player was on the list of those that got investigated in '06. Hmm.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/12/14/sports/baseball/14mitchell.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

B. And it was the Texas Rangers that overpaid for ARod in 2000 and changed the game for everyone else. What did Boston sign Nomar for when his contract was up for renewal? Wasn't he the number two shortstop at the time? Or do we all forget now that he is just one of the many Red Sox players that got ran out of town when they didn't live up to expectations? And by the way, Selig was on watch when all of this was going on including Arod's contract with Texas.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/news/2000/12/11/rangers_arod_ap/

And the Red Sox would have killed to get ARod in 2003 but couldn't work out a trade that included Nomar and Manny - the other steroid user. But then again, selective memories you Red Sox fans have.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/gammons/story?id=1855557

And stop crying about payroll for crissakes. For a fanbase that just saw their team win the world series for the 2nd time in 3 years you really need to stop whining.

Let us take a look at how those salaries have shaped up as the fireworks go off on baseball’s 2013 season.
  1. New York Yankees — $228,995,945
  2. Los Angeles Dodgers — $216,302,909
  3. Philadelphia — $159,578,214
  4. Boston — $158,967,286
http://gamedayr.com/sports/2013-mlb-payroll-for-each-baseball-team/
Whining? Why would we whine about anything? Not sure if you noticed but the Red Sox won the World Series, again. And the Yankees finished 12 games back despite outspending us by 70 million. And their best player is a 31 year old free agent who wants $300 million from them. And their iconic closer retired. And as for that shortstop...well...good luck to him. Oh and re steroids per the WSJ a couple years back more Yankees have been implicated in PED's than any other team (Rangers are 2nd). Aside from that things seem to be going well for the Yanks. Oh, your best starter last year is a 39 yr old free agent I forgot about him.

Whining? Why would we whine about anything? Not sure if you noticed but the Red Sox won the World Series, again. And the Yankees finished 12 games back despite outspending us by 70 million. And their best player is a 31 year old free agent who wants $300 million from them. And their iconic closer retired. And as for that shortstop...well...good luck to him. Oh and re steroids per the WSJ a couple years back more Yankees have been implicated in PED's than any other team (Rangers are 2nd). Aside from that things seem to be going well for the Yanks. Oh, your best starter last year is a 39 yr old free agent I forgot about him.
what did that WSJ report use for its basis???

the mitchel report??????

:rolling:

Just like Ortiz and the rest of the 2004 Red Sox who seemed to have had career years. Always wondered if "Cowboy Up" meant get a 'roid injection. Ortiz sucked until he teamed up with Manny. Remember, Manny & Ortiz & A-Rod were supposed to be best buds. All of them Dominican-Americans like the majority of the players hit with 50 games suspensions this year. I think steroids are rampant in the DR because the payday is so great in MLB.

I mean that beginning just reeks of a bitter Yankees fan. We all know every team had roiders. I mean those mid-2000 Yankees teams had Jason Giambi, Gary Sheffield, Alex Rodriguez and who knows who else used them. Ortiz has a better case for the HOF than Andy Pettitte who has never been as dominant as Ortiz and he has the HGH on the record.

Ortiz likely used something, but the whole premise that he is the a cheater due to a 2003 leak that only happened because of the BALCO investigation into Bonds by the Feds and likely a Fed Yankees fan leaked Manny and Ortiz out of those 90 plus positive tests is a joke. I am not naive to believe ortiz is completely clean but anyway you slice it his leak is a violation of the process. A-Rod talked to Gammons in 2006 admitting usage and then in 2007 he magically had a career year in a FA year. Then Bosch popped and unlike Ortiz whose name hasn't appeared in connection when 11 other MLB players did including A-Rod jeez I wonder why A-Rod and not Ortiz are questioned. A-Rod is a rat for leaking Braun and Cervilli's name to try and draw their names into the mud and draw attention away from him.

all the evidence points to ortiz being the biggest PED guy? would love to see your evidence.

How about Ryan Braun, who has tested positive numerous times since stricter rules were put in place...

all the evidence points to ortiz being the biggest PED guy? would love to see your evidence.

How about Ryan Braun, who has tested positive numerous times since stricter rules were put in place...
He is just trying to get us all worked up. And it's working...I can't help myself!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom