Arod and Mike Francesa- right now | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Arod and Mike Francesa- right now

so yeah, the mitchell report and guys who were investigated because of it.

not only that, but id assume most guys who came to the Yanks for a bit, came because they produced...likely by steriods.

we in the Yankee Universe appreciate you for feeling pain over many ballplayers taking Steinbrenner $$ through unnatural production.

They don't have a positive test, and under Selig's direction MLB bypassed the CBA and gave ARod a unique punishment.

I completely get where ARod and his advisors/legal team are pushing for Selig to explain this and have to represent himself.

Look, I get that ARod is a dweeb, but that doesn't give MLB license to break protocol. And of all the things baseball could break protocol for, they pick this?

The punishment was definitely overboard, and if A-Rod had kept it shut and appealed, he definitely would have had it reduced. But clamoring for Selig to explain himself is stupid. This isn't federal court...it's an MLB arbitration hearing, and A-Rod isn't winning any points with the arbitrator by grandstanding.

Selig has more money and smarter lawyers. Right now, he's happy to let A-Rod twist in the wind. Plus, we don't know what they have... Their evidence against the other Biogenesis players was enough for all of them to immediately accept their suspensions, and every indication is that Selig has even more on A-Rod.

The punishment was definitely overboard, and if A-Rod had kept it shut and appealed, he definitely would have had it reduced. But clamoring for Selig to explain himself is stupid. This isn't federal court...it's an MLB arbitration hearing, and A-Rod isn't winning any points with the arbitrator by grandstanding.

Selig has more money and smarter lawyers. Right now, he's happy to let A-Rod twist in the wind. Plus, we don't know what they have... Their evidence against the other Biogenesis players was enough for all of them to immediately accept their suspensions, and every indication is that Selig has even more on A-Rod.
A-Rod doesn't really have anything to lose though, does he? He's an insecure guy with a big ego that's super rich that feels targeted that's already tarnished - he wants Selig.

Whining? Why would we whine about anything? Not sure if you noticed but the Red Sox won the World Series, again. And the Yankees finished 12 games back despite outspending us by 70 million. And their best player is a 31 year old free agent who wants $300 million from them. And their iconic closer retired. And as for that shortstop...well...good luck to him. Oh and re steroids per the WSJ a couple years back more Yankees have been implicated in PED's than any other team (Rangers are 2nd). Aside from that things seem to be going well for the Yanks. Oh, your best starter last year is a 39 yr old free agent I forgot about him.

Thanks for proving my point. Why in hell do you care what the Yankees did or didn't do this year? Season's over, your team won. The Yankees were out of it in August and yet you're obsessed with who they may or may not sign and how much money they'll spend. It's their freakin money, if they want to spend it why do you care? Get over yourself

Last edited:
But let's not talk about Ortiz, Manny or Nomar and steroids. They're as clean as altar boys

But let's not talk about Ortiz, Manny or Nomar and steroids. They're as clean as altar boys
Manny tested positive with the Dodgers. Nomar was clean, and Ortiz tested positive in an anonymous test in 2oo3. what's your point?

Thanks for proving my point. Why in hell do you care what the Yankees did or didn't do this year? Season's over, your team won. The Yankees were out of it in August and yet you're obsessed with who they may or may not sign and how much money they'll spend. It's their freakin money, if they want to spend it why do you care? Get over yourself
The thread is about the Yankees. Seems reasonable that there would be talk about the Yankees. I am responding because for some unknown reason (jealousy most likely) Yankee fans brought the World Champion Boston Red Sox into the conversation. As far as how they spend their money I do care how they spend it because it affects the team I root for. Luckily for the last 8 years or so they have spent it like idiots.

Manny tested positive with the Dodgers. Nomar was clean, and Ortiz tested positive in an anonymous test in 2oo3. what's your point?
Basically every Red Sox player who has ever been good has been on steroids. Doesn't matter if they ever tested positive or not. Nomar - steroids. Ted Williams - steroids. Babe Ruth - was on steroids but stopped before he got to the yankees.

You Boston homers make me LOL. Manny never saw a steroid needle until he played for the Dodgers and Ortiz didn't know what he was shooting up with. :rolleyes:

You Boston homers make me LOL. Manny never saw a steroid needle until he played for the Dodgers and Ortiz didn't know what he was shooting up with. :rolleyes:

First off, no one said Manny didn't use when he was with the Sox. You were just given truthful information that Manny was found to have taken a women's medication that is used to mask steroids and that's why he got his ban.

And then you threw in Ortiz shooting up without any actual information as to what caused him to fail the test he supposedly failed. Yes, he promised he would get to the bottom of it, but the truth is, he still doesn't know why he failed because the records are sealed and he hasn't been told.

there were numerous over the counter supplements at that time that would cause a positive result

The thread is about the Yankees. Seems reasonable that there would be talk about the Yankees. I am responding because for some unknown reason (jealousy most likely) Yankee fans brought the World Champion Boston Red Sox into the conversation. As far as how they spend their money I do care how they spend it because it affects the team I root for. Luckily for the last 8 years or so they have spent it like idiots.

This is partially true. But let's not act like the Red Sox didn't get bailed out of their own financial mess. Gonzalez and Crawford were two of the worst signings in the last 10 years. And let's not get started on Dice-K. But congrats on the WS.

This is partially true. But let's not act like the Red Sox didn't get bailed out of their own financial mess. Gonzalez and Crawford were two of the worst signings in the last 10 years. And let's not get started on Dice-K. But congrats on the WS.
how were they bailed out? LA didn't have to make that trade.

Gonzalez had a very good 2011 season, and got MVP votes. And Dice K was a better signing than Kei Igawa...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom