As a Bills fan... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

As a Bills fan...

Buffalo fans also never ever send hate mail or nasty grams to the HC.

I also wouldn't be so concerned with the other students being mean as I would about the teachers. Tough crowd.

Buffalo is not as bad a job as some would make it out to be. He has alot of talent on defense so lets see who his defensive coordinator is and on offense they have a good o-line, spiller/fjax, stevie johnson and david nelson. To really become dynamic they need an actual QB and a #2 WR. Buffalo is not as far away as you think. As a Bills fan I think Doug Marrone is a great hire. As a Syracuse fan, im kind of thinking ex-HCDM is a .

Interesting stuff im reading from Bills fans. LOTS of people want him to bring Shafer with him as DC. Also speculation that Marrone could bring in Saints OC Carmichael as OC.

They had to BEG and guarantee a huge part of Mario Williams contract to get him there. And this year he was terrible and mailed it in because he hates being there!! Nobody wants to play there.

He played the first portion of the season with a bum wrist. He had a procedure on the wrist during the Bills bye week, and finished with double digit sacks.

But, back on topic, I hate this hire. What, exactly, is it that Marrone excels at, as a HC?

I'm more disappointed in this move as a Bills fan than a Syracuse fan.

Bills fans are going to be happily surprised. Nassib will go to them in round 2. Doug Will turn the program around pretty quickly.

I say otherwise. Doug is an NFL guy. He got offered an NFL job. Syracuse was his way of getting to the NFL as a head coach.

That's all it is

Bingo! That's why his whole dream job speil was all hocus pocus...

Yeah I am wrong. As Doug is currently picking out neck-ties for his NFL Press conference :rolleyes:

No, you said SU was his way to being an NFL head coach, as in that was his sole motivation for taking the job.

And that is BS.

He didn't need to come here to be a NFL HC target, he already was.

The reasons he came here, and the statements he made were honest and sincere. The fact that somebody if the opportunity presented itself that he would look to go to the NFL is not mutually exclusive. He was never going to be a lifer here.

The surprise is he's leaving two or three years earlier than I ever expected and the fact that his relationship with the University and his idealism about the job with south as fast and as far as it did.

No, you said SU was his way to being an NFL head coach, as in that was his sole motivation for taking the job.

And that is BS.

He didn't need to come here to be a NFL HC target, he already was.

The reasons he came here, and the statements he made were honest and sincere. The fact that somebody if the opportunity presented itself that he would look to go to the NFL is not mutually exclusive. He was never going to be a lifer here.

The surprise is he's leaving two or three years earlier than I ever expected and the fact that his relationship with the University and his idealism about the job with south as fast and as far as it did.[/quote]
I've also heard that DM was also very disenchanted with fan support.

You are so wrong on so many levels.

Get this through your head, he didn't need to come here to be an NFL head coach.

That's all there is to that.

There are things that have to fixed in the program that are outside the control of the HC. Period.

So in this case, relative to Doug, when the going gets/is tough, the (facade) tough bolt... :noidea:

ESPN now saying its immanent. Thank you SU BOT this truly is on them. Everything my source told me is true. This is all on the incompetence of the BOT and anyone who says otherwise is lying.

Your source is a clown.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I am wrong. As Doug is currently picking out neck-ties for his NFL Press conference :rolleyes:

I believe GO is saying you're stance is "wrong" because when we hired him, he was supposedly already on the short list of a few NFL GMs. He didn't wait until the end of the NFL season. We hired him in the early part of December. Had he waited and didn't come to SU, he might very well have had similar interviews that year as he did this year. The jobs that opened up that year based upon the new coaches that started in 2009 were Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, KC, Indy, NYJ, Oakland, SF, Seattle, and Tampa Bay.

We'll never know of course if he'd have been hired at one of those places, but that was the buzz.

I truly believe SU was Doug's "dream job". It's most likely the old adage about being careful what you wish for, you just might wind up with it.

Cheers,
Neil

I think what Doug really needs to prepare for is the huge amount of lake effect snow that will be coming his way in Buffalo. A new snow plow may be in order.

As a Bills fan I see a guy who presumably preached to his recruits about committment, dedication, & not quiting when things got tough and yet seemingly betrayed those values before his first recruiting cycle went full circle -- if it's all about the money then he's where he belongs (NFL). It makes me think the team has a guy who's either going to be fired within 3 years because he's not good enough or will move on the another job asap because he's too good for Buffalo. If he's not willing to make a stand with his alma mater he's not going to make a stand with Buffalo. Maybe he's thinking he'll get some experience with the Bills, pump some life into them and wait for the Giants or Jets job to open up.

I think he bailed on Syracuse quicker than Syracuse would have bailed on him if he had struggled more than he did. I think it's fair to be concerned with his integrity, but it's the NFL -- integrity doesn't matter.

Well, he is still coaching NY's team and competing with Jersey yet once again for the states fan-dome.

I am a Bills season ticket holder. They are/always will be my first love followed very closely by SU. I have never been so split in my life about "sports".

Firstly, as a SU fan I am very disappointed but at the same time understanding. It is the NFL, and FHCDM is a an NFL guy. I can never blame him for that. I just hope he leaves with class and is respectful towards his asst. coaches and players. Marrone IMO is the best we could have gotten at SU, so no realistic candidate will be better/comparable.

Secondly, as a Bills fan I am optimistic about HCDM. The Bills need a no nonsense coach that will turn around a losing culture.. He has proved he can do that. He is a few pieces away from having a playoff team. His biggest questions will be answered soon, who plays quarterback and who runs the defense, that will be huge.

Reports have come out that more teams wanted him, so I guess the Bills did a great things and hired a "hot commodity" coach. That is a first in my life time.

Lastly, I will never understand some of the Buffalo haters on this board, your ignorance is unbearable. Syracuse-Rochester-Buffalo, we are the same culture, same people, basically twin cities. Yes WNY and CNY have had tough times but Buffalo is on its way back. People can sit in the back and laugh if they choose, I choose to believe in Upstate as it is my home.

P.S. Syracuse gets more snow than Buffalo anyways so HCDM will be already adapted to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom