As a warm-up to the SU game...Let's go VPI, kick Buttger's *sses | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

As a warm-up to the SU game...Let's go VPI, kick Buttger's *sses

It must have been bad luck for rutgers. I mean, they have great talent on both sides of the ball. Certainly more than we do. Big, fast, physical. Can't beat that talent. Surely bad luck and bad bounces.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Gold And Blue Zone@GoldAndBlueZone
This #TexasTech game has been on tv for 20 seconds and there's already been more action than that OT game between #VT and#Rutgers.

Allan Simon@allan__simon
Can't chop when you choke #rutgers

CaptainTouchback@CaptTouchback
Overtime at #RussellAthleticBowl. #Rutgers and #VATech offenses are so bad somebody will win this on a safety.

Rick Hess@rickmhess
The #B1G must be laughing at the #rutgers addition. Heck, I'm laughing at it.

Gold And Blue Zone@GoldAndBlueZone
Dont remember the last time I saw two teams play so bad. This #VTand #Rutgers game is brutal. Announcers sound like they're falling asleep.

Couch Coach Network@ccnlive
There's a rumor #Rutgers has one of the highest campus STD rates. Not true. There's a rumor #Rutgers offense can score TDs. Also not true.

Todd@toddc14
Since Nov 19th Greg Schiano and Kyle Flood are a combined 0-8.#chopthat #RUTGvsVT #rutgers #tbbucs @RUscuttlebutt

Patrick Woo@P_Woo
#Rutgers sure knows how to blow games. I am about to retire from picking bowl games after that one.

The Vt quarterback was just as bad as nova and tHe Vt OC play calling was just horrendous. They are a terrible football team this year. Beamer's days have to be numbered.

Someone who didn't watch may confuse the yardage as a product of good defense, but it is definitely jus two shitty offenses
At least one Russel Bowl record was set: most punts in a game (20). There's nothing more entertaining than watching 2 teams exchange punts for 3 hours!

It must have been bad luck for rutgers. I mean, they have great talent on both sides of the ball. Certainly more than we do. Big, fast, physical. Can't beat that talent. Surely bad luck and bad bounces.

Seriously, their offense was held to three total points in 60 minutes, plus one OT possession, even after being gifted a TD on the second play of the game on what should have been a defensive encroachment penalty. They are terrible, and terribly lucky to have won nine games this year. End of story.

I watched the first half. My wife decided she wanted to go to dinner, no brainer on that decision. Glad I went to dinner. Now that I see the score and reports, even if we had a horrible time and a bad meal I still would have made the right choice.

Seriously, their offense was held to three total points in 60 minutes, plus one OT possession, even after being gifted a TD on the second play of the game on what should have been a defensive encroachment penalty. They are terrible, and terribly lucky to have won nine games this year. End of story.

But Rutgers is a powerhouse...that's what their fans tell me...

Checked out Rutgers message board. Several fans complaining they have supported Rutgers enough and will not buy tickets. Gotta love it; the school has no football history from 1869 until 2006, they play cheesy schedules and claim great victories. They lose to VATech and their long term successful coach (albeit, the developer of the same plan Rutgers used to gain success) and of a sudden their whole football world is falling apart.

Hope they enjoy being Indiana's whipping boy.

Checked out Rutgers message board. Several fans complaining they have supported Rutgers enough and will not buy tickets. Gotta love it; the school has no football history from 1869 until 2006, they play cheesy schedules and claim great victories. They lose to VATech and their long term successful coach (albeit, the developer of the same plan Rutgers used to gain success) and of a sudden their whole football world is falling apart.

Hope they enjoy being Indiana's whipping boy.
Complete meltdown mode over there. Most want Flood fired today!

Complete meltdown mode over there. Most want Flood fired today!

Yeah. Here is a thread dedicated to such firing.

http://rutgers.ri vals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=642&tid=161256996&mid=161256996&sid=988&style=2

Amazing how he was going to take Rutgers to greater glory than Schiano, now he is a complete and utter failure.

Yeah. Here is a thread dedicated to such firing.

http://rutgers.ri vals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=642&tid=161256996&mid=161256996&sid=988&style=2

Amazing how he was going to take Rutgers to greater glory than Schiano, now he is a complete and utter failure.

I don't understand? Wasn't Flood Big East COY? The whole rutger's rivals board was supporting the award then.

So, we are in NJ. In a NJ bar. We are 10 SU fans watching the VT-rutgers game. There are a couple WVU fans. And exactly 2 rutgirls fans with rutgirls shirts on. But they hardly paid attention to the game. Nice fanbase. We outnumber them at one of their own sports bars.

The Big 10 got what they deserved, a school that won't get them any more money but less. Everyone keeps saying the Big 10 network will pick up more money, but you have to have attractive programming. The Big 10 basketball and football are boring, and they've just added 2 programs that fit that same pattern. If the ACC can get a network up and running they will own the East Coast within 5 years.

Nova missed on several throws that could have won the game for Rutgers. Matt Millen was ready to bench Nova himself.

Nova missed on several throws that could have won the game for Rutgers. Matt Millen was ready to bench Nova himself.

And that's saying something because when it comes to executive decisions, Matt Millen might be the worst ever.

VPI: 3 yards rushing ... for the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom