As Dino says.. have faith | Syracusefan.com

As Dino says.. have faith

Cuse69

Starter
I’ve been upset with the offense and JB as much of more as everyone else, with that being said I like to wait to call for his job like I did shafer during FB season, until the season is over or like pitt last season and it was over after a few games. Watching the GT game dan dakich who coached a MAC team and Indiana for 3 games was calling the offense perfectly, overload one side drive and SU can get whatever shoot they won’t, if he knows what we should be doing then I’m sure other candidates for the job could figure out something better than 30% and less 3PT shooters chucking 3’s. But like I’ve done every season for both FB sand B-BALL team I will cheer for them believe in them and then have my opinion at seasons end, I suggest the same especially if we make the tourney and go on a run

The trajectories are completely different so the have faith thing doesn’t truly apply.

I’m simply hopeful the team turns it around consistently and plays to a level they should play at, but I really have doubts.

Exactly. This argument would be something like "have faith based on four decades of evidence," but don't think too much about the last half-decade of evidence except for the parts where we made a tournament run.

That's not very catchy and I'm not sure it fits on a t-shirt, although technology has improved that way.

I’ve been upset with the offense and JB as much of more as everyone else, with that being said I like to wait to call for his job like I did shafer during FB season, until the season is over or like pitt last season and it was over after a few games. Watching the GT game dan dakich who coached a MAC team and Indiana for 3 games was calling the offense perfectly, overload one side drive and SU can get whatever shoot they won’t, if he knows what we should be doing then I’m sure other candidates for the job could figure out something better than 30% and less 3PT shooters chucking 3’s. But like I’ve done every season for both FB sand B-BALL team I will cheer for them believe in them and then have my opinion at seasons end, I suggest the same especially if we make the tourney and go on a run
It's been 5+ years of this. The offense isn't changing or improving under JB. Different players, same "system" and results. That's why we're in this rut of mediocrity. There hasn't been any substantial changes to improve or solve the offensive woes. If anything, it's getting worse.

Anything can happen in a single college basketball game. But it’s just depressing that I’m not looking at the clock every 5 minutes salivating over this game like I should be. Im going to watch and root hard as always but I’m just not excited for it.

Big Monday! National TV...the whole wide world a watchin! The Dukies & their #1 ranking! Cameron Indoor! Yikes...I' don't think I've ever been more fearful watching SU play a basketball game. :(

Watching the GT game dan dakich who coached a MAC team and Indiana for 3 games was calling the offense perfectly, overload one side drive and SU can get whatever shoot they won’t

The only problem is we don’t have anyone that can penetrate the top of GT zone. Howard and Battle can’t drive on any decent guards. Carey has the speed but can’t do it without dribbling off his foot or passing to the wrong team. So we can’t execute step one of his plan. Next!

We refuse to change anything, are we just supposed to have faith that doing the same thing again and again will finally give us a different result? I realize its not that simple, but for the large part, its the same thing every game. Some games we shoot better so we look better.

Big Monday! National TV...the whole wide world a watchin!

You're not kidding. I was watching the Australian Open tennis tournament last night, and some British announcer was previewing our game, Although he said some team that goes by the moniker "Orangemen" would play... so if we play like those teams it'll be a great night ;)

The trajectories are completely different so the have faith thing doesn’t truly apply.
Yeah, well said.

Plus the track record of coaches aging out of the profession doesn't present the most encouraging historical trend.

Dino had a plan. Does JB have a plan? Doesn't seem like it.

We refuse to change anything, are we just supposed to have faith that doing the same thing again and again will finally give us a different result? I realize its not that simple, but for the large part, its the same thing every game. Some games we shoot better so we look better.

Yes, in that the Almighty himself is a 'Cuse fan tonight and that his sanctity empowers us to shoot 100% from beyond the 'Ark'. ;):)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom