As tough as that call on CJ was to take and as much as it bummed me out | Syracusefan.com

As tough as that call on CJ was to take and as much as it bummed me out

Fireball Jr.

All American
Boeheim's behavior bummed me out more. It's great to have passion, but it's also not a bad idea to have some self control. It would be a shame if he went out like Knight or Woody Hayes.

Fireball Jr. said:
Boeheim's behavior bummed me out more. It's great to have passion, but it's also not a bad idea to have some self control. It would be a shame if he went out like Knight or Woody Hayes.
Oh come on. He swore at a ref. Whoopdeedamndo.

Big f**kin' deal about the swearing. It was his lack of control. How old is he, 7? What if CJ had reacted like that? Bad, bad time for him to come unhinged.

Fireball Jr. said:

That foul was game, set, match. JB's double T had zero effect on the outcome of the game and I believe it will show the boys he's got their backs. I have no problem with it.

That's nonsense. He didn't attack an opposing player, etc. He had every right to be mad especially since the refs missed a call in the first half when they called a block on SU that was clearly a charge. I don't like to blame the refs, but that call on Fair at the end was total BS.

Boeheim had to make a statement. The refs were bad the entire game. Duke has been getting with this for years.
Don't disagree, just think there are better ways to make statements, like the post-game press conference.

Big f**kin' deal about the swearing. It was his lack of control. How old is he, 7? What if CJ had reacted like that? Bad, bad time for him to come unhinged.

If you come unhinged at any point, I think it's when the refs take the potential game winning points away from your team with 10 seconds left.

That was vintage Jimmy B! Don't worry about him, he's still got it.

Fireball Jr. said:

Think back to Keita's 4th foul and tell me if you think this was a reaction to one call?

He had every reason to be upset. I'm not saying he didn't. I'm saying he was a little too meshuga at the wrong time.

No need to gang up on the poster because everyone disagrees and/or is disappointed.

That said, Boeheim didn't lose control. That was as deliberate as anything he does.

indeed, he was the model of control. kudos to you, sir.

No need to gang up on the poster because everyone disagrees and/or is disappointed.

That said, Boeheim didn't lose control. That was as deliberate as anything he does.

It was the wrong thing to do though.

He did lose control though.

He had every reason to be upset. I'm not saying he didn't. I'm saying he was a little too meshuga at the wrong time.
That stuff has been going on at Cameron for far to long, and JB did the right thing bringing it to the attention of the whole world. He doesn't get tossed very much, and he needed to do it in this instance, the ACC ref's need to understand that they have to stop doing that at Cameron. Next time we go to Cameron, I bet we have a much better refereed game.

He was sticking up for his players. That last call triggered the reaction because of the charging call at the other end (forget who it was on) that was also bogus. JB doesn't forget.

He was sticking up for his players. That last call triggered the reaction because of the charging call at the other end (forget who it was on) that was also bogus. JB doesn't forget.

You're not alone in saying it, so please dont think i am directing this solely at you, but that is pure BS. These kids have been on the opposite end of bad calls before. Its part of the game. They accept it, particularly a senior like fair, who is mellow as it gets.

Now, i think there is more credence that this was Jimmy's statement about SU being here now, and this duke gets every call is not going to stand. Still the wrong time and place to do it though.

Parker on Gbinje - that time they call it a block and G was clearly set

Pretty sure that was the third time He has ever been tossed. First time was against grown in 84, 2nd time was in an exhibition a few years ago, third was today. The fact it has happened so little tells you how bad the call was. I really want to hear Joyce's perspective on this as she was sitting right behind coach on the bench.

You're not alone in saying it, so please dont think i am directing this solely at you, but that is pure BS. These kids have been on the opposite end of bad calls before. Its part of the game. They accept it, particularly a senior like fair, who is mellow as it gets.

Now, i think there is more credence that this was Jimmy's statement about SU being here now, and this duke gets every call is not going to stand. Still the wrong time and place to do it though.

I respect your opinion but Duke has a horrid rep in CBB as always getting the close calls at home and I think JB wanted no part of this ACC malarky to begin with. No-repeat-No BE team has a rep like this. This is how it's done on Tobacco Road and JB is coming in and saying "Not to My Team, Not to SU".. Good for him.