Ask a Michigan fan anything | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Ask a Michigan fan anything

The airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow is roughly 11 meters per second, or 24 miles per hour*, beating its wings 7-9 times per second (rather than 43). But please note that a 5 ounce bird cannot carry a one pound coconut.
he could grip it by the husk!

Not to harp on this, but if you could be stranded on an island with three people, and one of them HAD to be Pittsnoggle, who would the other two be?

Okay, nice answer thanks.

Michigan seemed to struggle a bit with Penn State this year, was it the zone?

Any time Michigan's seen zone defense this year, results have been a mixed bag. They struggled against Penn State largely because they were outhustled and outrebounded. Michigan's mentally weak. They make simple mistakes on defense. With McGary's emergence this problem has lessened, but there are still some defensive lapses. Michigan's problem is due in part to their foul aversion. Michigan's the number one team in avoiding fouls, but what comes with that is soft interior defense. Two-way causality. Particularly with digging. Just digging against some guy posting up while leaving shooters open. Against EMU, a team coached by one of Boeheim's former assistants, Michigan dominated. EMU's is a bit like a terrible, terrible version of Syracuse. 2-3 matchup with a few power conference transfers manning the middle. Against EMU they ran a whole lot of duo-cuts in the same direction. I.E., Robinson cutting from baseline and Hardaway freed off a Morgan/McGary pick in the same direction with Stauskas in the opposite corner.

How much are you willing to pay for the safe return of the Go Blue banner?

I'm poor.

What's the first step I should take in remodeling my basement?

Does Mike McGee still have NIT nightmares of Erich Santifer?

The airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow is roughly 11 meters per second, or 24 miles per hour*, beating its wings 7-9 times per second (rather than 43). But please note that a 5 ounce bird cannot carry a one pound coconut.

I give you credit for looking that up.

Is Burke really that dominant a player that trying to shoot over guys 4-6 inches taller than him, wont affect him in the slightest?

Is your team too young in key areas to win it all?

What's the plan if anybody gets in foul trouble? Our team does have the ability to pick up fouls on opponents, and you guys are pretty much 5 deep...

Stauskas seems like an incredibly cocky douche, any truth to that?

Obviously Burke is light years ahead of Ferrell of IU... But, when Trey penetrates, does he prefer to pass back out or pull up and shoot it himself?

Obviously Burke is light years ahead of Ferrell of IU... But, when Trey penetrates, does he prefer to pass back out or pull up and shoot it himself?
is that really a question?

I give you credit for looking that up.

Is Burke really that dominant a player that trying to shoot over guys 4-6 inches taller than him, wont affect him in the slightest?

Is your team too young in key areas to win it all?

What's the plan if anybody gets in foul trouble? Our team does have the ability to pick up fouls on opponents, and you guys are pretty much 5 deep...

Stauskas seems like an incredibly cocky douche, any truth to that?

Burke is going to struggle to score against SU if his outside shot isn't falling. He's going to get points, but Cuse is too long and active for him to finish inside consistently. But it wouldn't surprise me to see him go off at the same time. His jumper is uncanny off the dribble, particularly when he's pulling up while driving to his left.

They've gotten this far. I don't think their youth is that much of a hurdle.

If the backcourt gets in trouble, LeVert and Albrecht are capable backups. LeVert's got a nice handle but can't finish. Albrecht is essentially a mini-Stauskas with a very tight handle. The frontcourt's tricky. McGary's the best option by far. Horford has terrible hands and Morgan's been mentally absent since losing his starting spot, but has a soft touch off of pick-and-roll feeds from Burke.

Yes. Stauskas is a douche. He does that stupid three-goggles thing and loses guys in transition defense. Much, much more athletic than people give him credit for. He's laterally slow, but has good hops. But he's a damn good shooter.

I don't get it?

media_preview.php

What kind of decision maker is McGary if he gets the ball at the FT line? Does he have any sort of face up jumper?

How do you feel Mich matches up m2m against SU. Who checks MCW and CJ specifically?

Thanks
It'll be Stauskas on CJ and Hardaway on MCW. One thing I noticed, which might be false, is that MCW has a shaky handle. If Burke find success in pressing him in the halfcourt on defense, it'll probably be Burke and an incredibly soft hedge from the screen-man's defender. Stauskas will struggle against CJ. It wouldn't surprise me to see G-Rob get on CJ if Stauskas gets burnt repeatedly and a second big coming in to check Southerland.

McGary has a pretty good face-up jumper and reads defenses well. He hasn't used it all that much, but he's a very underrated jumpshooter. Slightly less efficient than Dieng for Louisville on a PPS basis.

It'll be Stauskas on CJ and Hardaway on MCW. One thing I noticed, which might be false, is that MCW has a shaky handle. If Burke find success in pressing him in the halfcourt on defense, it'll probably be Burke and an incredibly soft hedge from the screen-man's defender. Stauskas will struggle against CJ. It wouldn't surprise me to see G-Rob get on CJ if Stauskas gets burnt repeatedly and a second big coming in to check Southerland.

McGary has a pretty good face-up jumper and reads defenses well. He hasn't used it all that much, but he's a very underrated jumpshooter. Slightly less efficient than Dieng for Louisville on a PPS basis.
I would not say that MCW has a shaky handle. I think he has a lazy handle, which, when combined with his height, makes him ripe for being picked by small, pesky guards. He just doesn't protect it as well as he needs to.

It depends entirely on what the defense does. He's a very good decision maker. That's his best attribute besides his mid-range pull-up. Against Cuse I can see him taking a huge number of mid-range jumpers.

have you ever been hit so hard in the privates that you blacked out?

I have
success-kid-300-75.jpg

still was able to produce offspring.
What you dont see is the tiny PBR bottle in his fist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom