ASU | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

ASU

Sounds like they might get frustrated if we slow the game down on offense and slow down their offense with the zone.

KU and X both like to run and maybe that's why they got beat in an up and down game. They sure won't get that from us.

Lol, yep.

I have jury duty this week. Any ideas about how I can get out of it? I have a very high juror number #600+ and wasn't called tomorrow.

Shannon Evans has tourney experience. He’s a johnny flynn like hero ball guard we cannot let get hot.

So...does JB call up Hop and talk strategy on ASU?

Washington held them to 64pts. ASU shot 44%, 26% from 3, got outrebounded by 5 and turned the ball over 15 times.

True. We need to score in the 70s to win this one, IMO.

Per the presser, JB has watched ASU play ten times this year (he stays up to watch the west coast games) and they are getting in more tapes later today. I imagine the coaches are talking to Hop as well. Already had two good practices this week. This should be one interesting matchup in a tournament full of them. I'm going to watch them a little more later.

Guard oriented team. Seems to have some solid depth. Apparently they don't play well against zones which helps us obviously. No deadly shooters but def capable ones. Need to really extend and not let them get confidence early.

Need frank to have good call control, and tyus and Brissett to be somewhat efficient shooting.

JB in his presser said he's watched ASU a good 10 times this year and that we will get the scout tapes tomorrow. JB is so addicted to basketball that he knows a lot of these teams before he puts the tape on, which helps in the tournament setting. Contrast that with Avery Johnson, who on ESPN a few hours ago said he didn't know much about Virginia Tech.

I'm sure the staff may reach out to Hop - but JAB has seem them enough that he knows what they can do and what they can't.

The thing about a team like this - they live and die with the 3. If they get hot from 3, it's most likely game over unless we can score in the 70s as well (which is possible since they're very weak on D). But we should be able to score on them, dictate the tempo and beat them on the glass. As long as they don't go bonkers from 3 it's a good matchup for us.

I like the TCU matchup too - personnel wise we matchup well with them, they're not the same team without Jaylen Fisher and they are very similar to us in that they don't have much depth. However, freaking Dixon has always had success vs. the zone. With a different coach I'd feel confident, but Dixon has a week to prepare and he knows it very well. They also play Baylor who plays that soft 2-3 so his players have seen it before. But player-by-player we match up with them.

If I remember right against UW the Justice kid played well. They put him in the high post and he did a good job of scoring there and distributing. They have talented guards but they are shorter and I think our size up top will bother them. I think it’s a really good matchup for us. Also UW has no shot blocker in the middle so I think Justice would have a harder time shooting over PC or BS.

Almost exact opposite KenPom ranks. Will be an interesting one.

Game's at 9:10. Unless you get picked for a jury that's sequestered, you'll be home in time to see the game.

Screw going home to see the game...I wanted to take a road trip to Dayton!

We certainly seem to have a height advantage. Both their guards are 6-1. Going by most minutes their other guys are 6-0, 6-5, 6-8. They do have two 6-9s and two 6-7s coming off the bench who played 10+ minutes a game. The problem is, we haven't always taken advantage of our height. we don't post up and we can get leaky on defense. Our zone with our size should be impregnable but it sure isn't. And keeping shorter guards in front of you can be a problem.

Friday, yes. But not necessarily at night.

Do you know the possible times of the Friday game? I have a non-refundable flight I'd cancel if need be, and would like to get this figured out ASAP before prices get any higher. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom