ASUN Championship | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

ASUN Championship

Lipscomb would finish last in the ACC.

It appears that SOS was greatly reduced as a factor in the NET rankings. Probably to try to give non P5 conferences a boost. I suspect the unintended consequence is going to be P5 teams playing softer non-conference schedules going forward to maximize their wins and efficiency stats which is what NET rewards. This will make it even harder for mid majors to get games with P5 teams. Totally dumb move by the clueless NCAA as usual.

Well, they almost won at Louisville so I’m not so sure about that

1 game means nothing. There’s many one offs like that. Let them play 18 ACC games and a normal P5 OOC schedule.

1 game means nothing. There’s many one offs like that. Let them play 18 ACC games and a normal P5 OOC schedule.
Yep - ACC on a day-in and day-out basis, they probably finish tied with ND. At best.

Yep - ACC on a day-in and day-out basis, they probably finish tied with ND. At best.
All I know is their Pomeroy rating is much better than the ACC’s bottom 6 this year

The ACC is obviously a strong conference but the bottom of it is pretty bad. Like most conferences.

It appears that SOS was greatly reduced as a factor in the NET rankings. Probably to try to give non P5 conferences a boost. I suspect the unintended consequence is going to be P5 teams playing softer non-conference schedules going forward to maximize their wins and efficiency stats which is what NET rewards. This will make it even harder for mid majors to get games with P5 teams. Totally dumb move by the clueless NCAA as usual.

Might not impact efficiency stats as they are all schedule adjusted. That being said it will impact wins, and it also gives less incentive to allow such teams a chance to get quality wins which of course is another metric.

So you are likely correct in that this will hurt the better mid majors ability to get decent games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom