At least we can relax on Selection Sunday*** | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

At least we can relax on Selection Sunday***

A couple more wins, (which could be in the ACCT), and then we can relax. That became a lot more doable tonight.

If we beat Wake and have no other wins the rest of the year (including the ACCT) I think we’d be right on the cut line. If we lose to Wake but beat UVA/UNC/Duke I think we’ll be in

Beat wake + win 1 of UVA/UNC/Duke then we’re for sure in. Even Wake + 1 ACCT win I’ll feel comfortable

Long story short, 2 wins = lock city

Can't be an 8/9. That would mean a 1 seed would meet SU in the sweet 16 and there is no way the the power brokers will allow that to happen to their team.
We’d play a 1 seed in round of 32, not the sweet 16

We’d play a 1 seed in round of 32, not the sweet 16
Right, even more to my point. Won't happen. This team is dangerous and beat Duke on their home floor. 5-6 seed.

wolfpack sits at 7-7 . likely finish up 3-1 with their schedule . louisville win last night makes it highly unlikely they move past us. one more win guarantees it.

Not a lock yet, but a huge odds shifter to being in. I put the odds over 80% now.

Prior to this game SU was a projected 9 seed by ESPN (tards), an 8 by Lunardi, and by the best in the biz, our own jncuse, 13th last in. Several below us lost and we picked up a quad 1 win.

If we get the expected couple more wins, we'll have been in since the Duke game. Not a bubble year this year, just a year with a slow OOC start.

Then after a win VS. Duke/UNC/UVA we move up even more to 5-6?

I mean, yeahhh, if we beat Duke, UNC, and UVA, we should at least be a 5 seed, haha. I'm not the MOST optimistic of us going on that kind of streak but it's nice to dream!

I mean, yeahhh, if we beat Duke, UNC, and UVA, we should at least be a 5 seed, haha. I'm not the MOST optimistic of us going on that kind of streak but it's nice to dream!

I meant if we beat Duke or UNC or UVA. Not if we beat all of them.

If we beat all of them we'll be a 4 seed, but then we'll be fretting over the dangerous 13 seed they've paired us with.

SU has nothing but great opportunity to move up in the bracketology. Should beat WF but with this team you never know. Very good chance to beat Clemson. If this team plays well they can beat any other team they play. If they don't, they can lose to any other team they play. We can't forget UConn, ODU, and GT. We know this team can play very ugly at times. One solid victory should be cause for optimism but little else.
I think that description could apply to many teams beyond SU

If we beat all of them we'll be a 4 seed, but then we'll be fretting over the dangerous 13 seed they've paired us with.
If we beat all of them we possibly win a share of the ACC regular season title

We're still a nine seed on BM. Which isnt awesome, but certainly not bubble-caliber.

We have a good ranking in the NET rankings (40), signature wins (OSU, Duke, Lville), and thanks to Georgetown winning last night, another Q2 win. 3 Q1, 5 Q2 wins. 4 of our next 5 games are Q1 games. Win 1 and avoid losing to Wake, and we are nowhere near the bubble.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom