at UNLV Kick: 9 PM Friday Oct 4 | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

at UNLV Kick: 9 PM Friday Oct 4

Agree , excellent run down , now we need somebody to do one for those on a budget. ( like me ) I have never stepped foot in Vegas.
Aria and Cosmo have really great food halls with fairly cheap (for the Strip) options, including some fairly well known places (Hattie B's Hot Chicken from Nashville @ Cosmo).

NYNY has a ton of restaurants in their food area that seem to always be packed with families. And the ones facing the Strip look like a lot of fun.

Border Grill, Libertine and House of Blues at Mandalay are easily under $40 without drinks.

Park has Eataly and a lot of fun looking casual dining on the Strip, including Richard Blais's Crack Shack. I find the fast food place by the sports book really good but really greasy and I dont feel great after eating there. But the onion rings are on point. And Park also has the Chef Truck by the pool and walkway to Aria. It's inspired by the movie Chef and sells Cubans.

Luxor has a food court with Burger King or McDonalds.

Blue Ribbon, China Poblano and Holstein's at Cosmo aren't super expensive.

For lunch I usually just eat at the pool and then always have dinner plans, so I don't know all the best places and haven't been to any buffets that are still open. Though Wynn and Wicked Spoon (Cosmo) are supposed to be great.

Palazzo also has a Grimaldi's pizza. I think they ship the water from NYC because it tasted pretty close to the Brooklyn original.

Last edited:
I see there are a couple of In and Outs nearby. Not a big fast food guy but one of the things I have on my list to do in Vegas is to try this chain.

Lots of buzz about how good their burgers are...
You still keto?

Get the flying Dutchman with free sides of tomato and lettuce. Solid macros, costs less than getting a double double, and much easier to eat it open faced than lettuce wrapped.

I see there are a couple of In and Outs nearby. Not a big fast food guy but one of the things I have on my list to do in Vegas is to try this chain.

In-N-Out is incredible. The fries aren't the best(though I like them more than most). I love the burgers and for the price point they are as good as it gets.

Also, here's a link to the secret menu so you can order whatever you want. In-N-Out secret menu: 30-plus items you have to try once

My first Vegas trip, I only ate meals at In-n-Out (plus one buffet dinner at Bellagio that was unremarkable).

Awesome , I’m at Luxor, hope to avoid Mcd, BK except for if I’m in big hurry .
There's also a little mall connecting Mandalay and Luxor that has some cheaper eats. Ri Ra is a favorite of friends of mine.

Five Guys > In-N-Out IMO.

Never understood the appeal and that was confirmed when I had it

I have never been a fan of In-N-Out. Very overrated in my opinion. My sister on the other hand loves it. She was a big pusher to get them to start chains in Dallas when she moved there from California.

Five Guys > In-N-Out IMO.

Never understood the appeal and that was confirmed when I had it
Habit Burger over them all imho.

Great variety of burgers and other sandwiches (I like the mushroom one), the fries are always perfect, and they have great lemonade/limeade options.

Habit Burger over them all imho.

Great variety of burgers and other sandwiches (I like the mushroom one), the fries are always perfect, and they have great lemonade/limeade options.
Man, my Habit Burger in Henderson is straight trash. Literally can get a better burger at McDonalds. I need to try a different location.

Tried Five guys a few weeks ago, pretty solid. Wish I got the unseasoned fries tho, as the seasoned ones were a little much.

Never been a big In N Out guy. I might have just built it up too much in my head before finally getting to try one.

The burger thing is interesting. I think Five Guys is fine but I don't like especially greasy burgers, I know some people do. In-N-Out always tastes fresh to me which I like. Habit Burger is very good too.

We have a couple local places I like better than all of them though. The Friendly and The Balboa are dives here locally that make incredible burgers.

Man, my Habit Burger in Henderson is straight trash. Literally can get a better burger at McDonalds. I need to try a different location.
That is extremely disappointing. Part of why I like it so much is it has been so consistently good, even though I've been to multiple places.

We have a couple local places I like better than all of them though. The Friendly and The Balboa are dives here locally that make incredible burgers.
What are your feelings about Hodad's?

If anyone is really looking for a solid burger, and doesn't mind a quick uber ride a few miles down the road from Mandalay Bay, Sickies Garage in the Town Square Mall is a winner. My "go to" order is the Twin Cam. A bacon cheeseburger with queso cheese, and each bun is a grilled cheese sandwich. It's insane.

Also a great place to watch sports if you're looking for something off strip Saturday or Sunday.

If anyone is really looking for a solid burger, and doesn't mind a quick uber ride a few miles down the road from Mandalay Bay, Sickies Garage in the Town Square Mall is a winner. My "go to" order is the Twin Cam. A bacon cheeseburger with queso cheese, and each bun is a grilled cheese sandwich. It's insane.

Also a great place to watch sports if you're looking for something off strip Saturday or Sunday.
I think that's where we went (and saw Cuse lock up a bowl with a win against NC State), right?

I think that's where we went (and saw Cuse lock up a bowl with a win against NC State), right?
It is! I wasn't sure if you wanted me to broadcast to everyone that we spent a very pleasant, slightly romantic afternoon together.

It is! I wasn't sure if you wanted me to broadcast to everyone that we spent a very pleasant, slightly romantic afternoon together.
It only gets weird if anyone finds out your wife was also there.

That is extremely disappointing. Part of why I like it so much is it has been so consistently good, even though I've been to multiple places.

What are your feelings about Hodad's?
Hodad's is not bad. Really over the top greasy though sometimes. I actually live 4 blocks from the one location Downtown. They have done well for themselves though too, they are now at Petco Park.