at UNLV Kick: 9 PM Friday Oct 4 | Page 21 | Syracusefan.com

at UNLV Kick: 9 PM Friday Oct 4

One more tip, for those traveling solo or dining solo. Some restaurants only let you make reservations for 2 people. Just do it for 2. I always joke that "my friend overdid it at the tables/pool" and it always gets a chuckle.

And I actually booked today. Casa Playa at Wynn, Ito at Fontainebleau and Prime. Ito looks really cool. It's on the top floor of the hotel and is 12 seat Omakase counter. All these restaurants had a ton of availability at basically any time you would want, so there's no rush to book, I just like booking things.

One more tip, for those traveling solo or dining solo. Some restaurants only let you make reservations for 2 people. Just do it for 2. I always joke that "my friend overdid it at the tables/pool" and it always gets a chuckle.

And I actually booked today. Casa Playa at Wynn, Ito at Fontainebleau and Prime. Ito looks really cool. It's on the top floor of the hotel and is 12 seat Omakase counter. All these restaurants had a ton of availability at basically any time you would want, so there's no rush to book, I just like booking things.
As our resident Vegas expert, any thoughts on The Mob Museum? I know the idea of going to a museum in Vegas is inherently lame, but this place looks really interesting. I'm about 50/50 on whether I can make this trip, but if I can I would like to squeeze this in one morning.

As our resident Vegas expert, any thoughts on The Mob Museum? I know the idea of going to a museum in Vegas is inherently lame, but this place looks really interesting. I'm about 50/50 on whether I can make this trip, but if I can I would like to squeeze this in one morning.

Same boat, always thought it looked interesting but haven't ever been able to make it.

There are enough Syracuse fans out there that no one should have to dine alone.

Unless it's by choice. Which is something I would have never imagined doing until I had kids.

I've never been but heard it's fun. It's not an all day event, but it's supposed to be a good time.

And the only thing I'm good about is restaurants. I was actually a little shocked at the amount I've been to. And those are just the ones that are still open.

There are enough Syracuse fans out there that no one should have to dine alone.

Unless it's by choice. Which is something I would have never imagined doing until I had kids.
I love traveling and dining solo. Trips with friends and loved ones is obviously great, but there are a lot of places to see and it's not easy to get people to buy in to the places you want to go.

I went a year or so ago with a few buddies from Alaska. It was pretty cool, I think we were in and out in like an hour, hour and a half. Depends on how much time you spend reading everything. Could prolly spend a few hours in there if you wanted. There were a few side tours you could pay for, and a speakeasy in the basement that I heard is pretty cool.

It's towards the back of Fremont. I think we parked at Circa, walked around a bit then walked to the museum.

I went a year or so ago with a few buddies from Alaska. It was pretty cool, I think we were in and out in like an hour, hour and a half. Depends on how much time you spend reading everything. Could prolly spend a few hours in there if you wanted. There were a few side tours you could pay for, and a speakeasy in the basement that I heard is pretty cool.

It's towards the back of Fremont. I think we parked at Circa, walked around a bit then walked to the museum.
How was the Garage Mahal at Circa?

How was the Garage Mahal at Circa?

The only place I park on Fremont. It used to be free, now its... free sometimes?... Idk. Sometimes it's free, sometimes I pay $15. It's a sweet place to park when taking newbies to Fremont. You park, walk across the walking bridge, into the 2nd floor of Circa. You can show off the , grab a drink from the long bar, then head out the exit and get smacked in the face with all of Fremont's glory.

There is a SpeakEasy in the basement as well so it's all-in.

I usually park in lot a couple over from the Mob Museum to access Freemont. Pizza Rock and Hogs & Heifers is in that same area. Both are worth visits.

I can't believe I haven't been to Vegas since they started the paid parking. They used to all be free since you were there to gamble of course and some were just a little easier to get in and out of than others. Guess its been quite a while at this point. Hard to believe how ridiculously cheap it was to fly, rent a car, and stay in nice hotels a decade ago and stay indefinitely. And alcohol was zero apart from tips if you liked to bet sports.

Surprised how expensive all the concert and show tickets are there are so many options and they all play big arenas. Nightclubs with DJs actually look reasonable funny as that is. You can go to Zouk and have unlimited free drinks for 3 hours 10pm-1am I think its Kaskade and then Tiesto that weekend. The big DJs probably don't go on until after that though. Gonna need to find some 'reinforcements' to make it there after our game Friday lol.

I can't believe I haven't been to Vegas since they started the paid parking. They used to all be free since you were there to gamble of course and some were just a little easier to get in and out of than others. Guess its been quite a while at this point. Hard to believe how ridiculously cheap it was to fly, rent a car, and stay in nice hotels a decade ago and stay indefinitely. And alcohol was zero apart from tips if you liked to bet sports.

Surprised how expensive all the concert and show tickets are there are so many options and they all play big arenas. Nightclubs with DJs actually look reasonable funny as that is. You can go to Zouk and have unlimited free drinks for 3 hours 10pm-1am I think its Kaskade and then Tiesto that weekend. The big DJs probably don't go on until after that though. Gonna need to find some 'reinforcements' to make it there after our game Friday lol.
I'd always heard all of this stuff was cheap. This is our first time going to Vegas and we're likely gonna be around 5 grand all in for basically 3 days. Probably will never return though so trying to enjoy it

When people stop going they'll bring back the deals. The COVID prices were incredible. Vegas was quite depressing in October 2020, but being able to sit at a bar and have a drink for the first time in 6+ months was pretty awesome. In April 2021 I got upgraded to a 1 bedroom panoramic penthouse at Aria. That was for $400 a night and now they regularly go for $2000 and the cheapest I see is $950 for a random wednesday in August.

I don't love their greed, but these hotels are all packed. Eventually the pendulum will swing back.

I'd always heard all of this stuff was cheap. This is our first time going to Vegas and we're likely gonna be around 5 grand all in for basically 3 days. Probably will never return though so trying to enjoy it
Same here. My daughter and I are trying to put together a long weekend trip {Thurs-Sun}. Looking at $600-$700 a piece for flight and hotel plus game tix, food, a little gambling, and any touristy stuff we want to do. Will be worth it though. Haven't travelled with my daughter in a while, so we'll have fun. Saturday will suck, though, if we lose.

Same here. My daughter and I are trying to put together a long weekend trip {Thurs-Sun}. Looking at $600-$700 a piece for flight and hotel plus game tix, food, a little gambling, and any touristy stuff we want to do. Will be worth it though. Haven't travelled with my daughter in a while, so we'll have fun. Saturday will suck, though, if we lose.
$5k YIKES! 2nd to 8th, including flights, game, hotel, and transfers is about $1200 for me. and that doesn't include my brother who has to split the hotel which is about $450 on his part. The hotel itself was 1200 but is now like 850 since I kept rebooking/cancelling from then till July... I Think they caught on as I can't do it anymore. I'm staying at the Luxor though and got in back early when it was announced along with the flights... They keep changing the schedule for the flights of late too, but I take advantage of changing the flight and the cost is for free within reason and still getting there on the same time... United did it 5 times and found they couldn't win on it and gave up for my return trip. I even got to now select my seats as my class got upgraded at no cost! JetBlue did it recently too when I was supposed to be there at 11:45 out of Syracuse-Boston-Vegas, well I Got the Syr-JFK-Vegas now and it 12:45. Happy with that, just more time for airport bars. And I couldn't hotel check in technically until 3pm, but I know the room is always ready by noon anyhow.

I love exploiting the travel system. :)

I can’t believe I’m missing this trip. You guys are so lucky and I hope after the game this thread turns into all the vegas stories and game stories that we would all enjoy. I don’t want to hear “what happens in vegas stays in vegas”. NO. Tell me the stories lol

I can’t believe I’m missing this trip. You guys are so lucky and I hope after the game this thread turns into all the vegas stories and game stories that we would all enjoy. I don’t want to hear “what happens in vegas stays in vegas”. NO. Tell me the stories lol

Sorry you are missing it... I saw a few interviews and mobile items today about predictions... Jim thinks we are going to be 10 wins.. I think so too but, I'm thinking 9ish.. .Some think we are going to UNLV and maybe for a loss... But from what I seen from fan response we are the ones that maybe bringing the loudhouse to UNLV for this game and @ this time. So third down when SU offence is on the edge I say we all bring it. We are going to have an SU popULATION like no other and we should use it. Not from just from a tailgate but from all of them and all at once in the stadium. I don't know what the stats are but I know this is a pretty big away game for all SU fans, and there might be more orange than dust in that stadium for the game.

Aaron

Sorry you are missing it... I saw a few interviews and mobile items today about predictions... Jim thinks we are going to be 10 wins.. I think so too but, I'm thinking 9ish.. .Some think we are going to UNLV and maybe for a loss... But from what I seen from fan response we are the ones that maybe bringing the loudhouse to UNLV for this game and @ this time. So third down when SU offence is on the edge I say we all bring it. We are going to have an SU popULATION like no other and we should use it. Not from just from a tailgate but from all of them and all at once in the stadium. I don't know what the stats are but I know this is a pretty big away game for all SU fans, and there might be more orange than dust in that stadium for the game.

Aaron
They will remember the day Syracuse came to town.