at UNLV Kick: 9 PM Friday Oct 4 | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

at UNLV Kick: 9 PM Friday Oct 4

I’m so screwed if this gets a 7pm Vegas kick Saturday. Spirit cancelled the directs and I had to take 2 separate non refundables with a Sat redeye home to avoid connections or spending another grand.
The UNLV Rep felt Saturday night kick was a very low probability.

I mean, they need water . Can’t imagine there is a lot of stagnant water laying around?
Oh there is at least in Phoenix. We don't get mosquitos like back east, but we do get them. I also have barely seen any, but the past 2 summers they seem to have appeared. Others in town often complain about them.

Stagnant water sits in the washes that carry the rain water through, but some sits stagnant in those washes when the force of the flow stops. In my neighborhood we have several concrete gulley type of washes that run behind some of the homes, and carries the rain down the mountains that we are next to. The water can sit there for quite a long time after it rains. You forget that we both (Vegas and Phoenix) get the monsoon storms. If you have things like empty flower pots, the water sits in those also. Lots of places for water to collect and breed mosquitos.

lol me and TMark have different opinions on it.

I don’t think there is anyway that this will be a 7pm Vegas kick time with a 10pm start on the east coast on CBS Sports.

This is a Saturday noon or 1pm Vegas time all day

It will probably be on CBS

If it is on CBS Sports Network, they had three different Friday night games last season that kicked off at 6 p.m. local time (8 p.m. eastern):

Utah State at Air Force on 9/15
Fresno State at Utah State on 10/13
Colorado State at Wyoming on 11/3

A 5 p.m. local kick doesn’t seem likely to me, but 6 p.m. local, 9 p.m. eastern kick doesn’t seem totally out of the realm of possibility to me if they really want a Friday night game.

If it is on CBS Sports Network, they had three different Friday night games last season that kicked off at 6 p.m. local time (8 p.m. eastern):

A 5 p.m. local kick doesn’t seem likely to me, but 6 p.m. local, 9 p.m. eastern kick doesn’t seem totally out of the realm of possibility to me if they really want a Friday night game.

Right but CBS Sports already has a 7pm eastern kick for that Friday scheduled

Jackson St vs Kennesaw

Right but CBS Sports already has a 7pm eastern kick for that Friday scheduled

Jackson St vs Kennesaw

Not great for TV nums back east though with a 10pm Syracuse Time kick (EDT).

I'd rather spend Friday running to Costco getting tailgate supplies.

I hope we get a 12:30 or 1pm Saturday kick which translates to a 3:30 or 4pm EDT kick

Vegas is PDT
Cuse is EDT

3 hrs difference not 2 hrs

I hope we get a 12:30 or 1pm Saturday kick which translates to a 3:30 or 4pm EDT kick
Really , sell my tickets , I’m going to Kennesaw !!!! ( better activate sarcasm alert just to be safe )

Vegas is PDT
Cuse is EDT

3 hrs difference not 2 hrs

I know, that's why I said a 6 p.m. local, 9 p.m. eastern kick wasn't totally out of the realm of possibility. I didn't realize that CBS Sports already has a Friday night game scheduled for that night, though.

I know, that's why I said a 6 p.m. local, 9 p.m. eastern kick wasn't totally out of the realm of possibility. I didn't realize that CBS Sports already has a Friday night game scheduled for that night, though.
Your brain thought 9pm but your post said 8pm ;-)

Your brain thought 9pm but your post said 8pm ;-)

Haha no, my last sentence in the post says 6 p.m. local, 9 p.m. eastern. The other games I mentioned were 6 p.m. local (mountain time), 8 p.m. eastern. Although none of those games involved an east coast team (which I realized after typing it all out, but I was in too deep), so the point is probably moot anyway.

Really , sell my tickets , I’m going to Kennesaw !!!! ( better activate sarcasm alert just to be safe )
I've seen 3 SU lacrosse games there.
All W's including the ACC championship game, on an alternate field, over Duke.

If we play on Friday I’m spending Sat at the downtown arena pool stadium seating place for certain.

Nothing yet...I'll call the UNLV rep and see what's up.

Update: game is still be negotiated.

Two most likely scenarios:

Friday around 7pm Vegas Time
Or Saturday Noon to 1pm Vegas Time

Hopefully it should be resolved within a week or two.
I have not been following this thread extremely closely, I admit. I do know that as always you are doing great work filling people in and organizing everything! I did not commit to the group tickets you grabbed as wasn't ready to pull the trigger but I am still strongly considering this game. That said... Any recommendations for best way to grab tickets and/or flights out of the CNY area?

Haha no, my last sentence in the post says 6 p.m. local, 9 p.m. eastern. The other games I mentioned were 6 p.m. local (mountain time), 8 p.m. eastern. Although none of those games involved an east coast team (which I realized after typing it all out, but I was in too deep), so the point is probably moot anyway.
This is not how our board works

No point is moot until we argue senseless, trite responses endlessly and waste hours...and all are so confused then we move on.

;-)

I have not been following this thread extremely closely, I admit. I do know that as always you are doing great work filling people in and organizing everything! I did not commit to the group tickets you grabbed as wasn't ready to pull the trigger but I am still strongly considering this game. That said... Any recommendations for best way to grab tickets and/or flights out of the CNY area?
Yes...link below. Been used by quite a few Cuse fans.

Buy your tickets here. No idea how long the group rate link will last. The tickets will be on the visitor side.

TICKET OFFER

This link provides a discount on all available ticket locations that I (Matt Miller) have for the Syracuse game here at Allegiant. I'd recommend letting your people buy through this link so that they do not miss out once July hits or pay more as we get closer to the day of the game.

Let me know if you have any questions.

UNLV Rebels vs. Syracuse University Special Ticket Offer

AIorK4x6B7cLJdwqr-xmbpn9p3zXWa4uiwjn4wzXa78AxqUIHCenl-sALtVFraPXhi70CrGfoWQC7jg

It's going to be an interesting Thursday night if that happens... Almost no one will be in town yet... Why did I decide to fly in on Wednesday. :)