Class of 2016 - ATH Carl Jones (OH) SIGNED LOI | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 ATH Carl Jones (OH) SIGNED LOI

I'd rather go with the sleeper high school kid than a sleeper JUCO anyday. I like his measurables and we desperately need bigger corners so he'd seem like a good flyer to take.
Plus he comes with a terrific, big time program in Ohio. With Henderson last year and potentially (probably) Jones this year, it's nice to establish a relationship/pipeline with a program like St. Edward's.

someone tells these kids that weather usually isnt this nice in december

Chris02M said:

Global warming is SU's friend.

I guess Dino can have a Quad espresso now, because

coffee.jpg

Good size for a CB. Above avg speed, decent hips and ball skills. Plays for a top tier high school program. I don't give two shats about rankings, I'll get on board with a pickup like this every day of the week.

I think he'll accel at Corner. If not, he can be versatile in a lot of other places. Low risk high reward.

Good size for a CB. Above avg speed, decent hips and ball skills. Plays for a top tier high school program. I don't give two shats about rankings, I'll get on board with a pickup like this every day of the week.

I think he'll accel at Corner. If not, he can be versatile in a lot of other places. Low risk high reward.

What are you a coach or something, bruh?

Fixed for you to showcase the new era and new staff... ;)
Rocco, great call saying we should have more commits after this weekend's visit. You think anymore or is this it for a bit?

Who's with him in that pic? That's not Eric White, right?

Rocco, great call saying we should have more commits after this weekend's visit. You think anymore or is this it for a bit?

Could be, these guys know who they want and they spent the last week going hard after them. It's only been 7 days and they are already making moves. Gotta love it.

This kid reminds me of a little faster Steve Ismael on offense and as a very nice cover corner on defense.Athlete fits here for sure

Last edited:
Love all these pickups but man I'm not too sure about this DomeDudes stuff.

LOL, I've been wanting to say that too but figured I might get some for it. I think it's a little cheesy but I don't mind when it's followed by a new commit.

6-2, 175, supposedly a 4.5...and from one of the big Ohio programs, to boot. Nice work establishing a pipeline between Troy Henderson, Jones, and potentially Tony Butler, too.

Is this kid from St. Edwards [same school as Troy Henderson]? If so, high quality / caliber program in a powerhouse football state.

Can't hurt our chances with the CB from there we're also recruiting, who recently de-committed from Pitt.

I was ecstatic when I read we got this kid. After watching his film I said this kid could be a cover corner. He looked that good to me. Just my opinion.