Class of 2016 - ATH Carl Jones (OH) SIGNED LOI | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 ATH Carl Jones (OH) SIGNED LOI

My bad. What am I thinking of then? Is there any school in Sandusky?
Regardless, I stand corrected. Still have to imagine that Babers was keeping tabs on St. Edwards from in-state.
I find this amusing as I thought it was in Kentucky. Isn't there a Bowling Green, Kentucky?!

Watching his film, his man coverage skills are impressive. Like how he can run with a WR and break quickly on a pass.

He says he was recruited to play cornerback and that he has only started playing there his senior season. I think that explains some of the lack of interest in him.

I have always been a proponent of getting tall kids that can run. He is both. We do not have anywhere close to enough players like him on the roster now. I think he will be a fine player for Syracuse.

Could be worse. It could be in Springfield! There are Springfields all over the place!

Watching his film, his man coverage skills are impressive. Like how he can run with a WR and break quickly on a pass.

He says he was recruited to play cornerback and that he has only started playing there his senior season. I think that explains some of the lack of interest in him.

I have always been a proponent of getting tall kids that can run. He is both. We do not have anywhere close to enough players like him on the roster now. I think he will be a fine player for Syracuse.

You can never have enough athletes--that's for sure.

My bad. What am I thinking of then? Is there any school in Sandusky?
Regardless, I stand corrected. Still have to imagine that Babers was keeping tabs on St. Edwards from in-state.

Maybe Westlake, Elyria or Avon? Those are WAY west of downtown CLE, like 40-50 min, and practically farm country. Those would be around 45 minutes to Sandusky/Cedar Point. You can get to downtown Cleveland in 10 minutes from Lakewood. No doubt Babers knows who is worth knowing from St. Ed's, St. Ignatius, etc.

Maybe Westlake, Elyria or Avon? Those are WAY west of downtown CLE, like 40-50 min, and practically farm country. Those would be around 45 minutes to Sandusky/Cedar Point. You can get to downtown Cleveland in 10 minutes from Lakewood. No doubt Babers knows who is worth knowing from St. Ed's, St. Ignatius, etc.

I meant colleges in Sandusky -- sorry. That's where I always throught BGSU was, didn't realize it was in Toledo. Didn't spend much time west of NEO when I lived there.

Carl, welcome to the Syracuse football family!

carl jones CWOtmPAVAAAUNQJ.jpg

Yep...and in Indiana, and the Google machine says it's a park in Lower Manhattan as well.
Also a subway stop on the 4/5.

No city in NJ but Bowling Green Golf Course is in NJ and beautiful. You need to hit real straight since lot of tight tree lined fairways...

I meant colleges in Sandusky -- sorry. That's where I always throught BGSU was, didn't realize it was in Toledo. Didn't spend much time west of NEO when I lived there.

Got it. Yeah, nothing in Sandusky except for Cedar Point. Old, small port town like a poor man's Oswego. Orlando Pace came from there. Also, some of Tommy Boy was filmed there.

Got it. Yeah, nothing in Sandusky except for Cedar Point. Old, small port town like a poor man's Oswego. Orlando Pace came from there. Also, some of Tommy Boy was filmed there.
I think Duke had a shooting guard from there also...his name escapes me.

Have you ever been to Put In Bay?

I think Duke had a shooting guard from there also...his name escapes me.

Have you ever been to Put In Bay?

I don't recall Duke getting a kid from there. I think that McLovin (Jon Diebler) who was a good shooter for Ohio State came from there. PIB is meh. If you like bikers and rednecks from Ohio and Michigan then that is the scene. It's a redneck riviera and they try to do a Key West vibe...try to.

Put in Bay is the Cancuun of the Midwest. On a related note, Rednecks + alcohol + golf carts (because no cars on PIB) = badness.

I don't recall Duke getting a kid from there. I think that McLovin (Jon Diebler) who was a good shooter for Ohio State came from there. PIB is meh. If you like bikers and rednecks from Ohio and Michigan then that is the scene. It's a redneck riviera and they try to do a Key West vibe...try to.
We used to go to Sandusky fairly regularly but never made it to PIB. Heard it was a wild place.

Yep...Diebler might be the guy I was thinking of.

We used to go to Sandusky fairly regularly but never made it to PIB. Heard it was a wild place.

Yep...Diebler might be the guy I was thinking of.
Yes it was...longest bar in the world and priced pretty good too.

Jones met with a group of coaches on his visit, including cornerbacks coach Nick Monroe, defensive coordinator Brian Ward and Babers. Eric White and Cole Dial,

so as of Dec 12, White and Dial were still employed and still recruiting.

Jones met with a group of coaches on his visit, including cornerbacks coach Nick Monroe, defensive coordinator Brian Ward and Babers. Eric White and Cole Dial,

so as of Dec 12, White and Dial were still employed and still recruiting.

Well, that's very interesting. Wonder then if Babers told White to get off of Twitter and be more available for other responsibilities.

Well, that's very interesting. Wonder then if Babers told White to get off of Twitter and be more available for other responsibilities.
Cole still has the dome as his background and Eric just has Orange. I guess they could be employed. I would still think you would want the guys tweeting?