Class of 2018 - ATH Hassan Hall (GA) DECOMMITS FROM SYRACUSE/Commits to Louisville | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 ATH Hassan Hall (GA) DECOMMITS FROM SYRACUSE/Commits to Louisville

"On different days this week he told Rivals that he was going to commit to each school. As late as Saturday morning, it was Louisville with the edge, but then it shifted back to Syracuse. A call with Orange head coach Dino Babers this morning may have played into that."

Coffee's for closers.

Petrino gets a set of steak knives

I think down the road, we will look back and be even more thankful for that phone call than we can imagine now. This is a Dino style RB. He's gonna get loose a lot, especially when that D is tired and on their heels.

Offensive recruiting is booming. Just have to convince some kids that they will play a huge role on D. Which they will. Even if we are seemingly an offensive team. Feel like that's the hurdle to bringing in DL help.

I think down the road, we will look back and be even more thankful for that phone call than we can imagine now. This is a Dino style RB. He's gonna get loose a lot, especially when that D is tired and on their heels.

Offensive recruiting is booming. Just have to convince some kids that they will play a huge role on D. Which they will. Even if we are seemingly an offensive team. Feel like that's the hurdle to bringing in DL help.

Great point, looooove this committ. On D, the challenge will be recruiting quick impact DEs, LBs that can play at the LOS, yet cover in space, and corners ready to play. Its alot to ask, and the T2 hasn't EVER been successful at the collegiate level. Maybe bc all 3 of those positions i just mentioned need to be pro level talent for it to work? Who knows, hopefully we see it work with Dino.

Nice pickup, had a bit of a dry spell. Get all the athletes and figure out where they fit later.

LOVE the pickup and like that we beat the Ville for a recruit. Also, academically, solid that he was offered by the Naval Academy also:):)

Great point, looooove this committ. On D, the challenge will be recruiting quick impact DEs, LBs that can play at the LOS, yet cover in space, and corners ready to play. Its alot to ask, and the T2 hasn't EVER been successful at the collegiate level. Maybe bc all 3 of those positions i just mentioned need to be pro level talent for it to work? Who knows, hopefully we see it work with Dino.

The D is definitely gonna be tough. I'm not huge on the Tampa 2 either. We just need to recruit enough talent that we can contain teams, as we put points on the board.

Think we see a big difference this year in the secondary. No more 28-0 leads, or whatever because of 70+ yard TDs that were basically just go routes.

The LBing core is great, and the secondary has some experience with young talent. Just need to shore up the DLine so we don't have those constant runs that get to the second level, or somehow get the first down on 3rd and 20.

More efficiency on offense will give the D a better chance. Just wish we had a DLine.

The D is definitely gonna be tough. I'm not huge on the Tampa 2 either. We just need to recruit enough talent that we can contain teams, as we put points on the board.

Think we see a big difference this year in the secondary. No more 28-0 leads, or whatever because of 70+ yard TDs that were basically just go routes.

The LBing core is great, and the secondary has some experience with young talent. Just need to shore up the DLine so we don't have those constant runs that get to the second level, or somehow get the first down on 3rd and 20.

More efficiency on offense will give the D a better chance. Just wish we had a DLine.

Great post, but if we dont get pressure from the front 4 in this T2, this very talented stable of lbs will AGAIN be exposed.

Who headed this recruitment?
Reynolds, who hasn't exactly been a world beater since he's been here. Like to see us tap into some more of that Georgia talent. Hope that gets the ball rolling!

Reynolds, who hasn't exactly been a world beater since he's been here. Like to see us tap into some more of that Georgia talent. Hope that gets the ball rolling!

Doesn't Reynolds recruit Michigan for us and has the inroads into Cass Tech? I think he recruited Walton, Foster, Morton, Stritz and Sampson.

Last edited:
why do people say the T2 has never been successful in college when its not true.. USC ran it for years and was a pretty good D.. nd Dak st wins a ton at the FBS level running and beats pretty good FCS teams every year using it.

a good quote " the level of athleticism needed to fill each role isn't too great. The linebackers need to be laterally quick and hard-nosed players, but the safeties and middle linebacker have the advantage of being able to drop back, read the play, and run downhill to the ball. It's much easier to find players who can learn keys and run fast in a straight line than to find players who can backpedal, flip their hips, and run with athletes on offense."

most college teams dont really run Tampa 2 full out of fully commit to it..

WV had run it much of the time the last few years and while not a great D has actually been pretty solid in a tough league to play D 41/28/51 the last 3 years, I think we would take that right now.

You need to mix it . you need a pass rush, and you need talent. its not the scheme its the players most of the time, scheme can hide issues on offense much more than defense

wyoming is running it again with lesser talent.

its like another D, you need to mix up, find a pass rush, limit mistakes, and make tackles.

why do people say the T2 has never been successful in college when its not true.. USC ran it for years and was a pretty good D.. nd Dak st wins a ton at the FBS level running and beats pretty good FCS teams every year using it.

a good quote " the level of athleticism needed to fill each role isn't too great. The linebackers need to be laterally quick and hard-nosed players, but the safeties and middle linebacker have the advantage of being able to drop back, read the play, and run downhill to the ball. It's much easier to find players who can learn keys and run fast in a straight line than to find players who can backpedal, flip their hips, and run with athletes on offense."

WV had run it much of the time the last few years and while not a great D has actually been pretty solid in a tough league to play D 41/28/51 the last 3 years, I think we would take that right now.

You need to mix it . you need a pass rush, and you need talent. its not the scheme its the players most of the time, scheme can hide issues on offense much more than defense

its like another D, you need to mix up, find a pass rush, limit mistakes, and make tackles.
The Tampa 2 has nothing to do with Hassan Hall.

Great job by the staff to beat out two peer ACC schools. More speed on the team is always a good thing.

Its like beating a dead horse with people. They won't listen. People just want to blame the scheme. Its not like we ran a 2-4-5 or something. We ran a 4-3 zone. Its what most teams have in their playbook. We just use it as a base. The main issue were the players. They werent fits. They were young and inexperienced on top of that. Plus, you had a staff that was committed to implementing their scheme even if it risk them games. That was the right thing to do.

Last edited:
it was the right thing to do.. the only game you could argue it really hurt us was the pitt game, but we were so beat up then it didnt really matter what D we ran. No D can survive the safeties making big mistakes and ours made too many, if anything the D should have limited that and it didnt.

we lost big to the good teams but FSU had all the talent in the world and UL rocked them more than they did our Tampa 2 and we played awful in keys spots of that game. (ie the first 10 plays)

kids have to make plays and and while we could have perhaps limited some of the damage last year, it also could pay off more this year

Its like beating a dead horse with people. They won't listen. People just want to blame the scheme. Its not like we ran a 2-4-5 or something. We ran a 4-3 zone. Its what most teams have in their playbook. We just use it as a base. The main issue were the players. They werent fits. They were young and inexperience on top of that. Plus, you had a staff that was committed to implementing their scheme even if it risk them games. That was the right thing to do.
I'd rather complain about our scheme on defense than our scheme on offense, and I have zero complaints about our offensive scheme.

I think with the USC example, we haven't had the athletes on D that they have in an average year since probably 2001 with Freeney. So I think part of the heartburn is that the scheme has mostly seen success with programs with superior athletes and we haven't had that. Sorta cart before the horse in some respects. And I think the performance last year validated that. We are going to be stronger and more athletic across the board this year on the defensive side of the ball so I expect we'll see less complaining about he scheme because I expect the D to be more consistent and effective this year, barring injury. We're still weak from a depth perspective. That will be addressed though in the next couple of years. This staff knows what they are doing.

Dear Hassan,

000d00037932cbadedc3de65e9c9c682.jpg