Class of 2015 - ATH Kenterius Womack (AL) Signed LOI | Page 26 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 ATH Kenterius Womack (AL) Signed LOI

Or we could be honest and say they moved a kid after 4 days because it’s so obvious he’s not a QB at this level.

These are after all guys who actually coach football for a living and Lester has lived it; a high major QB recruit who played D1 and set school passing records. Heck, Shaf was a college QB.

See I think the assumption that he's going to be on the field as a true Freshman is false. In the article today it said how he couldn't even get off the LOS once he was put up against a defender. imo he just isn't physically ready enough to play either position this year. I was fully expecting this year to be a redshirt year, with a big emphasis on S&C, and QB development. I guess i'll be surprised if I see him playing meaningful snaps at WR this season.
I'm not making that assumption, I'm just saying it's a possible motivation to get him moved this early.

Guys like Rich Rod at Arizona are also excellent talent evals, and actually have a proven track record of success at the position, at this level. I know everyone thinks our staff has a better eye for talent then every other staff, but at this point if someone like Rich Rod wanted Womack to play QB at Arizona i'd feel pretty good about his potential at the position.

Guys like Rich Rod at Arizona are also excellent talent evals, and actually have a proven track record of success at the position, at this level. I know everyone thinks our staff has a better eye for talent then every other staff, but at this point if someone like Rich Rod wanted Womack to play QB at Arizona i'd feel pretty good about his potential at the position.
I don't think anyone would disagree that Rich Rod is able to find quality talent to play QB - but it's for his very specific system. Womack definitely looks like someone who would be a perfect fit, right in the Pat White mold. But just playing devil's advocate here, just because he fits Rodriguez's system doesn't mean he fits Lester's. Just another thing to keep in mind.

My only thought about why the move was made so early is that they might think he can get on the field this year at WR, so they want to have him as ready as possible to contribute as a pass catcher...so basically, get him going and have him ready ASAP.

I don't think most of us were particularly surprised by the move, just how quickly it was made.

Most important point of this whole discussion. It may not be this year but WR may very well be the fastest route for him to see the field. Especially if his throwing mechanics need a lot of work.

And here's a novel idea - did anyone think that maybe Womack wants to get on the field as soon as possible and wants to play whatever position gets him there as soon as possible?

Maybe you guys are looking at this all wrong. Maybe the player asked for the switch not the coaches? Is that at all possible?

Maybe you guys are looking at this all wrong. Maybe the player asked for the switch not the coaches? Is that at all possible?

From what I read, HCSS actually approached Womack about sliding over and helping at the WR position. Before HCSS could finish, Womack cut him off and told him he would do whatever coach wanted him to do. The kid is team first.

I don't doubt that he wants to see the field as soon as possible. I understand that Womack is willing to do what the coaches ask him to do. I am glad to have players like that representing SU. Trust me, I would take that over a kid taking his ball and going home because he got moved.

I just feel like this decision was made before June (go back to Lester's comments before camp) and there was nothing Womack was really able to prove in 4 days. If that's the decision, then so be it. After last year, I don't feel great about sacrificing QB depth for a 7th WR, especially after what we've been searching for at that position.

If they are moving him/contemplating moving him after 4 practices it's because he was brought in as an athlete not a QB. Gave him a look stacked against others and it became obvious his skills translate better at a different position. Not sure why this is being so deeply questioned from those who watched a Hudl tape and have never seen him play or practice live. I understand that we are thirsty for a a dynamic QB but the hand wringing over this move seems a little much. These coaches are trying to protect their careers and if Womack shows the superhuman ability at QB that some believe he has I'm sure the coaches will eventually notice it too.

As and for his Arizona offer its pure speculation that he would be a viable QB candidate there because he got an offer. Also, before we arrived on the scene late he had 0 P5 offers at QB so how special exactly was he at the position. My review of his highlight tape in conjunction with his baseball career screams athlete. Athletes need to find a position to get on the field.

Lastly, If we cant trust the coaches to pick appropriate positions for their players I'm not sure we can trust them doing anything else football related. I'm not there yet.

Just my two cents. Go Cuse!

Kenterius Womack for Heisman, after Hunt's 2015 campaign and RW's 2016 of course.

I don't think anyone would disagree that Rich Rod is able to find quality talent to play QB - but it's for his very specific system. Womack definitely looks like someone who would be a perfect fit, right in the Pat White mold. But just playing devil's advocate here, just because he fits Rodriguez's system doesn't mean he fits Lester's. Just another thing to keep in mind.

And rich rod has never had a dud Qb recruit? Really?

Louie and Bouie said:
If they are moving him/contemplating moving him after 4 practices it's because he was brought in as an athlete not a QB. Gave him a look stacked against others and it became obvious his skills translate better at a different position. Not sure why this is being so deeply questioned from those who watched a Hudl tape and have never seen him play or practice live. I understand that we are thirsty for a a dynamic QB but the hand wringing over this move seems a little much. These coaches are trying to protect their careers and if Womack shows the superhuman ability at QB that some believe he has I'm sure the coaches will eventually notice it too. As and for his Arizona offer its pure speculation that he would be a viable QB candidate there because he got an offer. Also, before we arrived on the scene late he had 0 P5 offers at QB so how special exactly was he at the position. My review of his highlight tape in conjunction with his baseball career screams athlete. Athletes need to find a position to get on the field. Lastly, If we cant trust the coaches to pick appropriate positions for their players I'm not sure we can trust them doing anything else football related. I'm not there yet. Just my two cents. Go Cuse!

Exactly. If we are to go with the "they are making a mistake" rationale, we're assuming that guys whose careers are on the line and just as desperate for a game changing QB as we are (one who was a very good college QB) - are missing out on some dormant super-talent that has yet to show itself AND that they are mistaken when evaluating Dungey/Long/Culpepper as guys who do have the chops to play.

If they thought there was a great chance of the kid becoming McNabb they wouldn't be quick to move him. Clearly - they don't think he's a projected starter at QB, but could be as a WR in his career. That's the only reason you make this move.

If they are moving him/contemplating moving him after 4 practices it's because he was brought in as an athlete not a QB. Gave him a look stacked against others and it became obvious his skills translate better at a different position. Not sure why this is being so deeply questioned from those who watched a Hudl tape and have never seen him play or practice live. I understand that we are thirsty for a a dynamic QB but the hand wringing over this move seems a little much. These coaches are trying to protect their careers and if Womack shows the superhuman ability at QB that some believe he has I'm sure the coaches will eventually notice it too.

As and for his Arizona offer its pure speculation that he would be a viable QB candidate there because he got an offer. Also, before we arrived on the scene late he had 0 P5 offers at QB so how special exactly was he at the position. My review of his highlight tape in conjunction with his baseball career screams athlete. Athletes need to find a position to get on the field.

Lastly, If we cant trust the coaches to pick appropriate positions for their players I'm not sure we can trust them doing anything else football related. I'm not there yet.

Just my two cents. Go Cuse!
Post of the year.

In dungey i trust.

KW will be successful at whatever he does here at his time on the hill, i have no doubts.

Why do so many on here 2nd guess and question the coaching staff?

Remember a young man named Ron Thompson who got moved from TE to DE a couple years back. The same folks questioned that move and now they don't, because he is our best player.

Just a couple things:
1 - This staff, especially Shafer and Bullough have forgotten more about coaching than most of us have ever known in our lives or will ever know
2 - They know more about these kids, their skill sets, personalities and what they are capable of than we do

Just Stop.

Or we could be honest and say they moved a kid after 4 days because it’s so obvious he’s not a QB at this level.

These are after all guys who actually coach football for a living and Lester has lived it; a high major QB recruit who played D1 and set school passing records. Heck, Shaf was a college QB.

Yeah there is that! This thread is nuts. If he was a sure fire 1a qb talent where was the extensive offer list? This kid is X Gaines 2. You guys are nuts with the speculation,he was a very late addition, very under recruited and brought in as an athlete. Let see where he ends up and if he helps

Yeah there is that! This thread is nuts. If he was a sure fire 1a qb talent where was the extensive offer list? This kid is X Gaines 2. You guys are nuts with the speculation,he was a very late addition, very under recruited and brought in as an athlete. Let see where he ends up and if he helps

Should also mention he had a HS coach that did not promote him, did not send his tape to schools, and I'm betting did not provide him the type of instruction many D1 QB recruits receive in their HS career. Seemed obvious to me based on the comments Lester made of his footwork. He's a great athlete that played QB in HS.

CuseOnly said:
Why do so many on here 2nd guess and question the coaching staff? Remember a young man named Ron Thompson who got moved from TE to DE a couple years back. The same folks questioned that move and now they don't, because he is our best player. Just a couple things: 1 - This staff, especially Shafer and Bullough have forgotten more about coaching than most of us have ever known in our lives or will ever know 2 - They know more about these kids, their skill sets, personalities and what they are capable of than we do Just Stop.

Easy. It's a discussion board.,

I don't think I said anything all that bad. Or anything that 100 other posters haven't said on 100 other threads.
I don't think bees was suggesting you had. You asked "why do so many on here second guess" to which he replied that the answer is easy: because it's a message board.

I don't think bees was suggesting you had. You asked "why do so many on here second guess" to which he replied that the answer is easy: because it's a message board.

Good point.

Not sure I can look at Bees posts the same way again. I just about crack up laughing every time I see that avatar.