Class of 2015 - ATH Kenterius Womack (AL) Signed LOI | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 ATH Kenterius Womack (AL) Signed LOI

jekelish said:
Honestly, even his HUDL video lists him as QB/WR/DB so it's not like he didn't see a potential position change coming.

No doubt. I was hoping he'd wind up at QB -- and he still may -- because we need a difference maker there. But maybe it's Dungey.

No doubt. I was hoping he'd wind up at QB -- and he still may -- because we need a difference maker there. But maybe it's Dungey.
I thought Womack may get a shot at QB but once he measured in at 6-1, 170 I knew he was destined for WR.

I believe in Dungey at QB. Very, very much so. Just a gut feeling.

jekelish said:
I thought Womack may get a shot at QB but once he measured in at 6-1, 170 I knew he was destined for WR. I believe in Dungey at QB. Very, very much so. Just a gut feeling.

We were mislead on the measurements. Had I known he was that small and skinny, I would have thought the same.

I thought Womack may get a shot at QB but once he measured in at 6-1, 170 I knew he was destined for WR.

I believe in Dungey at QB. Very, very much so. Just a gut feeling.
I felt the same way. His height and weight wasnt what I expected.

tep624 said:
I'll take Nassib-Lemon 2012 gladly at this point.

Lemon wasn't a QB. I was going with the QB/QB with one moving to WR angle.

Lemon wasn't a QB. I was going with the QB/QB with one moving to WR angle.

I know. Ironically though Lemon completed more passes (1) and had more TD's passing (1) than Johnson did at SU.

Last edited:
Womack presents possibilities, like an end around, if a team pursues too quickly, he can stop, and throw downfield. If they don't pursue quick enough he has the corner for a big gain.

Lateral to Womack who throws to a wide open up the middle MacPherson.
Spread em out and dish it out.

They mentioned a possible switch even before camp opened up. This one was in the cards for a long time, to be honest.

Exactly we all knew he wasn't going to get a fair shot at QB.

I didn't know this is where I should have been b!tc@ng . I've been doing it over at the practice threadOh Lord

Full_Rebar said:
If Womack is too small for QB, why bother keeping Long there then?

They saw Wilson and the other guy who transferred throw.

Not enough QBs?
I don't think long projects nearly as highly at any other position as Womack does at WR.
Disappointed as I thought Womack was coming in taller and heavier as well. I was still really hoping he would get a longer shot at QB though. He still has adequate height for the position and seems to have excellent speed, athleticism and a solid arm, smarts, leadership. Also looked accurate in his highlights for whatever that is worth. He just has a little less polish than Dungey has which I figured as much coming in. And obviously needs to put on some more weight but those things are doable. Just seems like the upside of having another candidate who could turn into a stellar QB should trump the move to WR. Then again I haven't seen him at camp so far so...:noidea:

I don't think long projects nearly as highly at any other position as Womack does at WR.
Disappointed as I thought Womack was coming in taller and heavier as well. I was still really hoping he would get a longer shot at QB though. He still has adequate height for the position and seems to have excellent speed, athleticism and a solid arm. Also looked accurate in his highlights for whatever that is worth. He just needs a little more polish than Dungey which I figured as much and obviously needs to put on some more weight but those things are doable. Just seems like the upside of having another candidate who could turn into a stellar QB should trump the move to WR. Then again I haven't seen him at camp so far so...:noidea:
If they move Long and redshirt Dungey and Womack at QB they only have 2 available scholarship QBs.

Last edited:
If Womack is too small for QB, why bother keeping Long there then?
Maybe because AJ isn't nearly as athletic or explosive as Womack. Where would he play?

If they move Long, redshirt Dungey and Womack at QB they only have 2 available scholarship QBs.
Dungey could well lose his RS if unfortunate things happen. He might lose it in any event and maybe should in the event he is already close to even with Wilson by early in the season.

People keep mentioning a position switch for AJ if he gets beat out. I just dont see what others see. He's not even as athletic as Kinder. I dont see him playing any other positon at a high level.

Last edited:
People keep mentioning a position switch for AJ if he gets beat out. I just dont see it what others see. He's not even as athletic as Kinder. I dont see him playing any other positon at a high level.

I agree, which is why I question moving Womack already, or saying that it's based on size. I'm not sold on AJ being a capable starter in the ACC, which is the reason I want SU to try to develop both Womack and Dungey this year before thinking about a position move. At this point, is Womack in a position to make the travel squad as a WR? If he is, then I could see the point of getting him in position to help this fall. If not, let him get as much time at QB as he can.

For years, we've searched for answers at QB and when we land a couple of guys who might look like other D1 qb's in terms of athleticism, we want to move one in the 1st week of camp.

OK, bird in hand and all that, but do you think the staff feels or knows something more about the David Moore visit that has given them the comfort or confidence to make this move? I don't want to read too much, but something makes them comfortable with the QB position to make this move. If it were a move due to a lack of WR, wouldn't they rather go get one of those? Didn't we turn away like four this cycle alone?

The AJ Long criticism kills me. I get it he is small, but for a guy that wasn't supposed to play last year he made some good plays before he was hurt. He has a hand injury right now but that has nothing to do with his size. I don't care who plays quarterback next season. I just refuse to write off a young man who should be entering his redshirt freshman season. BTW I think Dungey will start week 1 next year.