Class of 2015 - ATH Kenterius Womack (AL) Signed LOI | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 ATH Kenterius Womack (AL) Signed LOI

Looks like a good fit for McDonald's offense... Guess we will have to wait and see what Lester decides to do with the QB in his run focused offense.

Looks like a good fit for McDonald's offense... Guess we will have to wait and see what Lester decides to do with the QB in his run focused offense.

Would surmise that the QB is part of the run focused offense. A kid that can chuck the rock as well as run by you would be ideal.

Secret underlining meaning with no basis of the day: cool kid may be coming back! Keep it internal! ;)

No idea [from highlight reel tape] if this kid projects as a QB at the high major D1 level, but it is clear from his tape that he's a helluva athlete. Great find by our coaching staff. Hope we make a big impression. These are the type of athletes that help take a program to the next level.

Hate that Michigan is on him, as well.

Do you know something we don't?

Something I'm curious about - will the fact that we don't have baseball hurt us? Sounds like this guy is a stud baseball player, too...he might want to try playing both in college.

Do you know something we don't?
No, just thinking of quotes from the fall about establishing the run to setup to build to the pass, being a smash mouth team etc.

This stood out:

"We have to find a way to run the ball first," Lester said. "We've had success this year running the ball at times. We have to continue to figure out what our offensive linemen and our running backs are comfortable with."

His junior season at Western Michigan helped shape this philosophy. Lester said he "struggled" to throw for 3,000 yards and tossed a career-high 16 interceptions as a junior without starting running back Robert Sanford in the backfield with him. Sanford returned from injury the following year and rushed for more than 1,100 yards while Lester posted his best season as a senior.

"It has affected me ever since," Lester said. "I want to pass it well, but you have to run it first."

Last edited:
Do you think that part of it is because both Steven and Kenterius are in a powerhouse football state like Alabama that it also contributed to them being over looked more easily. No offense to Robert Washington but his school is not in one of the HS FB power conferences in NC. He plays for a Christian school so their schedule is playing Christian/Prep/Day schools. Maybe he was easier to notice because he is in NC and not Bama, Fl, GA, Texas, etc.

In Steven's case, I believe it was a combination of Brindlee Mountain being a new school (2006), small (3A) with a football program that isn't highly regarded. Doesn't help much either when the closest large scale MSM outlet, the Huntsville Times, rarely ever reported about us. I suspect it's probably the same with Kenterius; small school, not much press coverage. His team, though, did make it to the first round of the 2A playoffs.

Trying to break through the clutter that is Hoover, Vestavia Hills, Huntsville High, Madison Academy, etc, is extremely tough for players attending small, unknown schools here in Alabama. Articles about these powerhouses sells papers. Articles on Brindlee Mountain, or Luverne, not so much.

Would not be surprised if they try and pitch another position.

Just thought of something; University of South Alabama is only a few hours away from Luverne. Nary a thing on their various boards was ever mentioned. A real surprise, too, because he's really good.

The pitch will probably be "We're going to give you every opportunity to play QB here". Once the depth chart settles, if he is at the bottom, they'll say "you have a chance to get on the field sooner at his position".

I think the more interesting aspect of his recruitment is that the coaches were, in fact, not done with the 2015 class. I wonder what caused that.

Yes please the more I read about this kid the more I hope we really land him.

I think the more interesting aspect of his recruitment is that the coaches were, in fact, not done with the 2015 class. I wonder what caused that.
Well, I think we had a spot open, didn't we? We certainly had one left open when we were thinking Grimes might re-commit, and no one filled that spot.

jekelish said:
Can't imagine he'll commit today since he's got a visit to Michigan lined up for Friday.
True just hoping calls it off

Can't imagine he'll commit today since he's got a visit to Michigan lined up for Friday.

I don't think any Michigan visit has been officially scheduled. I don't think he commits today, but think he will visit maybe 1 or 2 other schools, but it will end up being a school that has offered, which Michigan has not.

I recall another Alabama QB who no one wanted as a QB. He made out quite well. Actually he ended up being all time NCAA leader rusher for a QB. Hope Im getting you guys excited.

I recall another Alabama QB who no one wanted as a QB. He made out quite well. Actually he ended up being all time NCAA leader rusher for a QB. Hope Im getting you guys excited.
Who are you, Paul Harvey!?

"And that little quarterback who nobody liked grew up to be...Denard Robinson."

Pat White right?

We came in one schollie short on this year's class. We're 2 under full roster, and have one spot we can award for this year's incoming class. One of the walk-ons probably gets the other.