Class of 2016 - ATH Moe Neal (NC) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 ATH Moe Neal (NC) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED

If Franklin was very secure in his recruiting and was genuinely looking out for any kids best interests he would let them take other visits to schools to make sure they are where they want to belong. Cowards if they hold the ships hostage to the kids best interests.

Well said. Franklin is perfect for Penn State. He just oozes when he walks through a room

If Franklin was very secure in his recruiting and was genuinely looking out for any kids best interests he would let them take other visits to schools to make sure they are where they want to belong. Cowards if they hold the ships hostage to the kids best interests.
Yup, it tells you that he cares more about the convenience of knowing what his roster is going to be like than he does if the kid is making the right decision for himself.

RW Sr. was kind enough to send along the video that played at Moe Neal's commitment party, if you want to check it out.

Watching him in pop warner is funny. He's the biggest kid on the field by a lot, and just runs in a straight line past everybody.

OK guys. How about we bring the discussion back to Moe.
I'm sure this has been discussed if it's the case, but is Moe related to the Washington crew?

Depends. If we're averaging 35 pass attempts by the end of the season because we're playing down a lot and have to throw to try to catch up at the end of games, that's not good. If we're averaging 35 pass attempts per game because Hunt can be efficient handling that volume and that's our game plan, I feel really good about that.

What's weird is that 35 passing attempts per game isn't actually a lot. 35 X 12 games gets you 420 passing attempts - that doesn't even land you in the top 30 last season. If you average 30 attempts per game you fall outside of the top 60.

Because I just saw that horse lying over their twitch, I'd like to take a second to remind everyone again that we're the only P5 school that plays in a Dome, so it's really, really weird that we're not one of the teams at the top of this statistic every season.
Probably best to discuss in another thread, but I agree it's somewhat odd that playing in a Dome we've never really seen (unless you'd qualify Nassib's Sr year) an open arial attack offense. I think the problem with installing one would be two-fold looking back:
  1. Never had a qualified offensive coordinator that knew how (or wanted) to implement this style of offense. I think McF*ckit really wanted to get to this style offense, but he didn't have the chops for installing it and...
  2. SU never has had the personnel to effectively run one.

Quite the difference between that and Shafer. Who encourages kids to take their officials. I believe that shows genuine trust and affection towards a player. and I believe that most kids and families see that. But Steve maybe you could expand on that.
Think you pretty much summed it up. Would like to add that Shafer wants his players to be sure that SU is the place they want to be, and the best way to do that is to encourage the kids to take their visits.

I know this could be an unpopular opinion, but I have no problem with a Coach saying to someone who is committed "If you look around, so can we"

I know this could be an unpopular opinion, but I have no problem with a Coach saying to someone who is committed "If you look around, so can we"
Many already do. It's all part of the recruiting process.

Both. More coaches than recruits, though.

I feel it should go both ways-Coaches and recruits should stick by it if they commit, but if one looks around, it should definitely be fair game for the other to do the same IMO.

I feel it should go both ways-Coaches and recruits should stick by it if they commit, but if one looks around, it should definitely be fair game for the other to do the same IMO.
Most of the time, that's exactly what happens. Most recruits don't flip. Most coaches don't pull a Petrino.

If I am not mistaken, "and I may be" I believe he said he would like to visit SU even before he committed to PSU, so Franklin shouldn't be surprise by it. If Colon really wants to visit but won't because of what Franklin said, then he won't be honest or fair to himself. JMO

Moe Neal opens the season with a big game. Hey jekelish any word on RW's school situation? He definitely wasn't in the individual stats for East Gaston and didn't look like it for MIC (even though I didn't see their stat breakdown completely) either. Quite possible he has to sit out a few games for transferring maybe? http://www.gastongazette.com/article/20150822/NEWS/150829687/2001/SPORTS

Forestview 28, Providence Day 14 — Moe Neal rushed for 266 yards and four touchdowns as Forestview opened the season with a 28-14 win over visiting Providence Day. Neal scored on runs of 37, 55, 22 and 61 yards and added a two-point conversion for the Jaguars, who enter the season as co-Big South 2A/3A Conference favorites in a preseason coaches’ poll.

SIR: I know he "Moe" is in a fairly small private school...what is the level of play like in this league in NC?

SIR: I know he "Moe" is in a fairly small private school...what is the level of play like in this league in NC?[/QUo

I might be wrong but Forestview is not a private school. The FB program plays in a 2A/3A Big South conference and plays both E. Gaston, where RW was going to transfer to and N. Gaston HS.

He says that so nonchalantly like it won't be higher numbers than 80% of high school RBs have this entire season.

Haha god he's going to be fun to watch on the hill