Class of 2016 - ATH Moe Neal (NC) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 ATH Moe Neal (NC) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED

No offense, but you said that about 4 months ago regarding another NC player.

Jek has always commented that the other commit never put anything on his twitter account regarding his commitment, which had him slightly worried. I think Moe is solid.

We have nothing to worry about until there's something to worry about. This is nothing.

What's curious to me is Lincoln Riley.

Lincoln Riley is a real up and comer... He will be a HC next year maybe year after.

If Moe has a big a season plenty of schools are gonna be sniffing around. There is very little doubt about that.

Need to have a competitive season on the field to keep the class together.

If I may add.

FWIW - on Moe. He is all in. Yes anything can change, but there are not indicators that it would happen.

That's the biggest difference here: Moe doesn't have the outside baggage and drama following him around. Anything can change obviously, but I'm legitimately confident that Moe will stick with SU barring a truly disastrous season and coaching change.

Any posts or tweets or anything regarding current players weekly high school stats? Seems like there has been a big void of those lately for all of our recruits. I keep coming back here to this forum hoping to see player's stats and nada.

Any posts or tweets or anything regarding current players weekly high school stats? Seems like there has been a big void of those lately for all of our recruits. I keep coming back here to this forum hoping to see player's stats and nada.

Well if you would like to negotiate a salary commensurate at my current level I will be more than happy to take the time to look the information up and post it immediately. However there is no charge to you if you would like to take the same time, look up the information and share it with the rest of the posters on here.

http://www.gastongazette.com/article/20150914/NEWS/150919386

By Ryan Herman Posted Sep. 14, 2015 @ 11:31 pm

Usually a pass-first team, East Lincoln took the open lanes Forestview gave it. The Jaguars, on the other hand, got nothing in return. Chazz Surratt ran for a career-high 266 yards and accounted for four scores, Coleton Banks added 137 yards rushing and a touchdown, and East Lincoln scored 27 unanswered points to beat Forestview 41-28 Monday night in a completion of Friday’s suspended game. The teams picked up where they left off tied at 14 with 3:01 to play in the first half. East Lincoln (4-0) took its first snap on Monday with 62 yards rushing as a team. It finished with 403. “We did a good job up front running the football, most of the time,” said Mustangs coach Mike Byus, whose team won its 20th consecutive game. “We had advantages in the run game, and we were running the ball, moving the ball.”Surratt scored on runs of 9 and 1 yards in the third quarter, and added touchdown passes of 27 and 9 yards to his younger brother, Sage. The older Surratt, committed to play at the University of North Carolina in 2016, entered averaging 300.3 yards passing per game, but only threw for 132 yards in this one, simply because the running game couldn’t be stopped. Surratt had four of East Lincoln’s seven carries totaling 39 yards on the opening drive of Monday’s action, and with the Jaguars (1-3) looking for another run, Surratt mixed in a 27-yard TD pass to Sage Surratt for a 21-14 lead. After forcing Forestview to punt on the opening drive of the second half, the Mustangs again came out toting the football. They ran it six times from their own 27, and 73 yards later Surratt found the end zone on first-and-goal from the 9 to make it 28-14 with 7:26 to play in the third. Forestview turned it over on downs after four consecutive plays on its next drive, and East Lincoln capitalized, marching 67 yards in seven rushing plays, ending with Chazz Surratt’s 1-yard score. That made it 34-14 late in the third after the missed PAT, leaving Jaguars coach Chris Medlin amazed at the Mustangs, yet scratching his head at his own team’s play. Surratt’s 266 yards on the ground were his highest since rushing for 260 against Bandys on Sept. 27, 2013.“We were playing a really, really good team who knows how to win. They’ve got a really special player back there at quarterback,” Medlin said. “We needed to get something going early and just weren’t able to. Once they scored, we needed to try and stay within a score of them, and it just got away from us.”The Surratts connected with 9 minutes to play to go ahead 41-14 before Forestview finally got something going. Colton Guthrie, who was plagued by dropped balls by his receivers most of the evening, completed his final eight passes, and connected with Moe Neal twice, once from 16 yards out and the last from 52, for the final margin. Guthrie finished with 279 yards on 18 of 31 passing and had three touchdown passes, all to Neal. Neal, who had 48 yards rushing on 16 totes, finished with 114 yards receiving on just four catches. The Jaguars had, cumulatively, a net of 2 yards rushing as a team.“We had some opportunities early like (the end), but we just didn’t execute,” Medlin said. “We’ve just got to keep working, and keep getting better. Again, that’s a really good team. They’ve won 20 in a row now, I think. We’ve just got to put it behind us and move forward.”

http://www.gastongazette.com/article/20150914/NEWS/150919386

By Ryan Herman Posted Sep. 14, 2015 @ 11:31 pm

Usually a pass-first team, East Lincoln took the open lanes Forestview gave it. The Jaguars, on the other hand, got nothing in return. Chazz Surratt ran for a career-high 266 yards and accounted for four scores, Coleton Banks added 137 yards rushing and a touchdown, and East Lincoln scored 27 unanswered points to beat Forestview 41-28 Monday night in a completion of Friday’s suspended game. The teams picked up where they left off tied at 14 with 3:01 to play in the first half. East Lincoln (4-0) took its first snap on Monday with 62 yards rushing as a team. It finished with 403. “We did a good job up front running the football, most of the time,” said Mustangs coach Mike Byus, whose team won its 20th consecutive game. “We had advantages in the run game, and we were running the ball, moving the ball.”Surratt scored on runs of 9 and 1 yards in the third quarter, and added touchdown passes of 27 and 9 yards to his younger brother, Sage. The older Surratt, committed to play at the University of North Carolina in 2016, entered averaging 300.3 yards passing per game, but only threw for 132 yards in this one, simply because the running game couldn’t be stopped. Surratt had four of East Lincoln’s seven carries totaling 39 yards on the opening drive of Monday’s action, and with the Jaguars (1-3) looking for another run, Surratt mixed in a 27-yard TD pass to Sage Surratt for a 21-14 lead. After forcing Forestview to punt on the opening drive of the second half, the Mustangs again came out toting the football. They ran it six times from their own 27, and 73 yards later Surratt found the end zone on first-and-goal from the 9 to make it 28-14 with 7:26 to play in the third. Forestview turned it over on downs after four consecutive plays on its next drive, and East Lincoln capitalized, marching 67 yards in seven rushing plays, ending with Chazz Surratt’s 1-yard score. That made it 34-14 late in the third after the missed PAT, leaving Jaguars coach Chris Medlin amazed at the Mustangs, yet scratching his head at his own team’s play. Surratt’s 266 yards on the ground were his highest since rushing for 260 against Bandys on Sept. 27, 2013.“We were playing a really, really good team who knows how to win. They’ve got a really special player back there at quarterback,” Medlin said. “We needed to get something going early and just weren’t able to. Once they scored, we needed to try and stay within a score of them, and it just got away from us.”The Surratts connected with 9 minutes to play to go ahead 41-14 before Forestview finally got something going. Colton Guthrie, who was plagued by dropped balls by his receivers most of the evening, completed his final eight passes, and connected with Moe Neal twice, once from 16 yards out and the last from 52, for the final margin. Guthrie finished with 279 yards on 18 of 31 passing and had three touchdown passes, all to Neal. Neal, who had 48 yards rushing on 16 totes, finished with 114 yards receiving on just four catches. The Jaguars had, cumulatively, a net of 2 yards rushing as a team.“We had some opportunities early like (the end), but we just didn’t execute,” Medlin said. “We’ve just got to keep working, and keep getting better. Again, that’s a really good team. They’ve won 20 in a row now, I think. We’ve just got to put it behind us and move forward.”

I went to the start of this game on last Friday night before it got suspended due to the storm. It was actually pretty back and forth on Friday night, but obviously when they picked up play on Monday night East Lincoln dominated. Surratt for East Lincoln is pretty nasty and super athletic. I hadn't followed him much and thought he was more of a drop back passer, but he's a lefty who was virtually unstoppable running around the pocket and hurdling defenders. He was initially committed to Duke and flipped to Carolina (believe he's going to play basketball as well) In the first half before the storm as expected Moe was Forrestview's top guy and had the whole East Lincoln defense keying on shutting him down. He got bottled up on a couple quick pitches and off tackle plays, but was also able to get the edge for a few 10-12 yd runs. His highlight of the first half came where they were trying to get him in space so they spread the field out with a bunch of receivers and he caught a screen out of the backfield then cut across the field while still heading up field towards the endzone for about a 40 yd td weaving in between just about all 11 defensive players. One guy caught a leg and looked like he was going to go down but managed to kind of spin out of it in air then off to paydirt...it was definitely electric. I had to work so wasn't able to catch the continuation on Monday evening.

I went to the start of this game on last Friday night before it got suspended due to the storm. It was actually pretty back and forth on Friday night, but obviously when they picked up play on Monday night East Lincoln dominated. Surratt for East Lincoln is pretty nasty and super athletic. I hadn't followed him much and thought he was more of a drop back passer, but he's a lefty who was virtually unstoppable running around the pocket and hurdling defenders. He was initially committed to Duke and flipped to Carolina (believe he's going to play basketball as well) In the first half before the storm as expected Moe was Forrestview's top guy and had the whole East Lincoln defense keying on shutting him down. He got bottled up on a couple quick pitches and off tackle plays, but was also able to get the edge for a few 10-12 yd runs. His highlight of the first half came where they were trying to get him in space so they spread the field out with a bunch of receivers and he caught a screen out of the backfield then cut across the field while still heading up field towards the endzone for about a 40 yd td weaving in between just about all 11 defensive players. One guy caught a leg and looked like he was going to go down but managed to kind of spin out of it in air then off to paydirt...it was definitely electric. I had to work so wasn't able to catch the continuation on Monday evening.
You wear your Cuse gear?

Just curious, what is Moe's official height listed at?

Ran into Moe at half, and he looked like a good sized kid. I'm 6'2 and he was only a couple inches shorter then me. He looked pretty solid too. He's only listed at 5'10 161lb over at Rivlz, but i'd say he was closer to 5'11 190lb.

Told him great job picking Cuse, can't wait to see him at the eXpress Back. He smiled and thanked me. Looked to be with his Father?