Class of 2016 - ATH Moe Neal (NC) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED | Page 38 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 ATH Moe Neal (NC) SIGNED LOI/ENROLLED

those short running backs were all over 200 lbs though. they were bowling balls who could run.

were they over 200 lbs in high school?
Delone Carter was 190 (per Skowt), Ant Bailey was 195 (per Rovals), Mungro was 205 (per an old newspaper article from 1996), from what I could find.

those short running backs were all over 200 lbs though. they were bowling balls who could run.
That's why you have a WT program. Have him bulk up & in a coupla yrs you have yourself a change-of-pace gem at scatback.

Reggie Bush, jr.

Can't freaking wait to see this kid in ORANGE.
I think some people forget, Moe was ranked in the ESPN300 for awhile until they decided to bump him. I'm still not entirely sure WHY they bumped him, because honestly, the dude can flat out BALL.

I think some people forget, Moe was ranked in the ESPN300 for awhile until they decided to bump him. I'm still not entirely sure WHY they bumped him, because honestly, the dude can flat out BALL.

He's a better version of Philips. And I really like Philips.

I think Neal is the most important recruit in this class.

He's a better version of Philips. And I really like Philips.

I think Neal is the most important recruit in this class.
Agree. Over the summer I went back and watched Erv's high school highlights, and it's eerie how similar they are to Moe's. Only while Erv ran about a 4.5-4.55 range 40 in high school, Moe is a legit (and verified) 4.39.

I thought you guys said he was fast, not in that video...

He's got a great hand, not sure about his catching ability with his left hand though..:D

Consider him the anti- Dungey when it comes to film speed editing...

So I went to the Forestview/East Gaston game tonight with my son. Talk about wild games...East Gaston wins 56-48 in regulation stopping a driving Forestview team on downs inside the 20 as they were trying to tie it up w/ td and 2pt conversion. There may have been 1 punt for each team in this game and that was it. I believe East Gaston was down like 20 pts midway thru 3rd quarter before going on crazy run of big plays.

Moe had a great game and big time gutsy performance after being banged up with a LBI (as Shafer would call it :) ) late in the 3rd quarter. I believe it was an ankle as he was severely hampered by it and probably should have stayed off but continued to play the remainder of the game. On about the 3rd play of the game Forestview did a hook and ladder where Moe got the lateral and darted 60 yards for the first touchdown of the game. He showed some good hard running the rest of the half being keyed on extensively as their main weapon and having a variety of hard fought inside runs as well as outside tosses. He surprisingly runs pretty well inside for being so thin and has a good knack for sidestepping guys and finding the hole with good straight ahead quickness (think of a taller PTG on inside runs who surprisingly was an effective inside runner despite small stature). I believe he had 15 carries for 70 yds 1 td rush, 1 rec 60 yds td (didn't really catch it, but I guess hook and ladder is scored that way) in first half. I don't have stats for second half but he had 2 short td's as well as a couple 40, 50 yard runs where he was severely hampered by the ankle. The kid could barely walk the whole 4th quarter and never missed an offensive snap. At the end of the game he was barely making it to the huddle then he'd take a handoff up the middle juke a guy or two, put his shoulder down and bounce off a linebacker then be off to the races on basically 1 leg where a db who had an angle made a couple td saving tackles. He finished the game with well over 200 yds rushing and 4tds total. I believe one of their other top rb was out injured so that's probably why he was getting even more touches than normal. He must have had 35 touches in the game possibly closer to 40. Very gutsy performance by him.

This was the first time I got to see Robert Washington first hand and he looked very good as expected. I think he's starting to find his groove with his new team these last 2 weeks. He is a little smaller than I envisioned. Even though I knew he is a tad on the short side I thought he looked thicker/wider in his highlight videos but most likely that was due to playing in the smaller division against smaller opponents the last couple years. He tends to dance a little but once he sees a hole or gets the corner he has a second gear then really punishes the db's that try to tackle him. His speed was better than I thought. He had to fight pretty hard for his yards in the first half and probably had 2 semi long runs of 20-25 yards or so where he looked great including one where he hurdled a db and barely stepped out almost breaking a long one. I believe his first half stats 12 rush/60 yds 1 td. East Gaston has multiple rb's so he wasn't the exclusive feature guy and would sometimes line up as lone back, slot, or wing. He obviously is their best back and when they need hard yards he is their workhorse. The 3rd quarter was his big quarter where he was punishing, piling up 8, 9, 10 yd consecutive runs capped off the comeback with about a 30 yard td. Again I have no clue what the total game stats were but I know he had 2 td's and I'm going to guess close to 200 yards. His 4th quarter was quiet as so many other of his teammates were busting out long plays but he had a very good game.

So overall it was a very fun game. It's too bad the Washington situation ended the way it did because it would have been neat to see the two go head to head as Orange commits. Moe's dad walked over to where we were sitting seeing our SU gear and stopped to chat for a few. Mr. Neal was super friendly and said they were excited for the official visit and his son getting to the hill.

Looks like he is leaving options on the table at this point. Unfortunate but is what it is and would never blame the kid for looking out for himself.

Looks like he is leaving options on the table at this point. Unfortunate but is what it is and would never blame the kid for looking out for himself.
He would have the same options, even if he signs this particular agreement. It is completely non-binding on the player's part, but it is binding on the school's part.