Class of 2024 - ATH Trashon Dye (NJ) Committed to JMU | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 ATH Trashon Dye (NJ) Committed to JMU

From what I've gleaned researching Brown, and it was mentioned in an article, Brown is a straight shooter with recruits and coaches. If he doesn't think they're good enough he says so. I don't think HS coaches who work with Brown will be pissed off. They understand the business. That said, Brown I'm sure has misses to. He missed on Chestnut whether that was ultimately his decision or not (if the Shady didn't want him talk was true) we don't know.

I never commented in either of these two cruit threads because I wasn't that high on them and personally I think one brother is better than the other. They didn't have any other P5 offers. Always feel bad for this situation and they sure loved Cuse, but they'll be fine, they'll play somewhere and get a free education.
Truth. He told his own son he wasn’t good enough to play D1.

Maybe? I’m not sure where this one is going.

Fran is obviously tied into NJ. Would he want to piss off coaches at this point? Or are these kids keeping their options open while they wait to hear from Brown?

This will be an interesting one to watch.
Not for nothing but we’ve taken a number of kids over the last couple of cycles that had little interest elsewhere. I love this. For better or worse this gives me confidence that Fran will get the roster and recruiting in order.

We had a better year so far in this cycle but we’re still in the low 50’s overall anywhere you look.

I remember when Marrone came on, he dumped half the verbals and the usual suspects started crying about us not honoring our commitments etc, he goes out and replaces those kids with verbals from other P5’s like Shamarko that became major contributors here while those kids we let loose all ended up at 1AA’s. Sometimes you have to make the hard decisions for the betterment of the group as a whole.

Not for nothing but we’ve taken a number of kids over the last couple of cycles that had little interest elsewhere. I love this. For better or worse this gives me confidence that Fran will get the roster and recruiting in order.

We had a better year so far in this cycle but we’re still in the low 50’s overall anywhere you look.

I remember when Marrone came on, he dumped half the verbals and the usual suspects started crying about us not honoring our commitments etc, he goes out and replaces those kids with verbals from other P5’s like Shamarko that became major contributors here while those kids we let loose all ended up at 1AA’s. Sometimes you have to make the hard decisions for the betterment of the group as a whole.
Well if the tea leaves are accurate he will have the opportunity to add from the HS ranks

Syair (again)
Caden
Willy

Who knows what other surprises may come

Well if the tea leaves are accurate he will have the opportunity to add from the HS ranks

Syair (again)
Caden
Willy

Who knows what other surprises may come
I have no inside knowledge but I seriously wonder if grades could potentially be an issue with all of them this late in the cycle. Definitely something to watch but I’d expect to see some flips. Especially for kids that were on the B list for UGA for him and committed to other P5’s or NE kids committed to other P5’s with all the coaching changes and movement as well.

I have no inside knowledge but I seriously wonder if grades could potentially be an issue with all of them this late in the cycle. Definitely something to watch but I’d expect to see some flips. Especially for kids that were on the B list for UGA for him and committed to other P5’s or NE kids committed to other P5’s with all the coaching changes and movement as well.
Not Syair. Bruce Williams told coaches that he would not be available until after CBA's championship game.
I would expect to see Syair taking some visits now.

Any idea what his recruiting territory was ?

Any idea what his recruiting territory was ?
He was definitely NE for them as he pulled a number of kids from the NE over the last few cycles including NYC and NJ. Not just DB's either.

I also see him with recruits out of the SE (FL/GA/interior states) and Texas, and again not just DB's.

So I'd expect he has a B list of targets in all of those regions.

The first three pages are posts raving about these kids.
Now apparently they suck. Interesting.
PSYCH 101?
We're not used to real Blue Chippers, so we amplify the attributes of the few decent recruits we sometimes pull.
Now in comparison to what we're capable of getting under this new regime, the bar is raised, so we can now be a bit more clear-eyed about our previous prospects.

Last edited:
PSYCH 101?
We're not used to real Blue Chippers, so we amplify the attributes of the few decent recruits we sometimes pull.
Now in comparison what we're capable of getting under this new regime, the bar is raised, so we can now be a bit more clear-eyed about our previous prospects.
When it comes to evaluating talent - especially for LBers and DB's at the college level, there are few better than Fran Brown. So I'll take his talent assessment over anyone on this board and the former/current lame duck staff any day of the week. It's a game changer.

Agreed. So I’m not sure he’s even allowed to contact committed Syracuse recruits at this time.

We’ll start to see some movement in 2-3 days for sure.
I don't know why he couldn't contact them? If he wanted to recruit them for Georgia he could call them right now, theoretically. So why not just reach out and let them know?

I don't know why he couldn't contact them? If he wanted to recruit them for Georgia he could call them right now, theoretically. So why not just reach out and let them know?
Trashon, this is Fran Brown from the Georgia Bulldogs. Is your brother there with you? He is? Great! Syracuse doesn't want you or your brother, talk to you later.

I’d say this is the least important year for HS croots in modern Cuse history.

Other than the top 3-5 or so guys in our class, we likely can find better players who are ready and able to contribute immediately out of the portal, than out of HS.

And - if some of the guys we’ve just shed get replaced by Caden, Torrance, and Love, then that’s a net-upgrade on HS crootin too.

It’s a rough business.

But if we want to compete with the big dogs, we need to act like the big dogs.

Ehh, that’s a little bit of an exaggeration. 3 pages isn’t anything for kids that have been recruited since 2022 at least. So a few people have posted updates about them and some people liked at least one of the brothers.

Lol. You should probably go back and read the first 2 pages. It’s mostly just linked articles. Barely any talk about his ability and a couple of negative posts. I think actual talk Starts with #17.

Last edited:
Lmao this

I never thought a lot of them were good to begin with but I’m assuming the people talking highly of them were just holding out hope they’d turn into Franklin & Tucker.

They both appear to have had terrific senior seasons. The RB ran for more than 2000 yards and the LB has like 145 tackles his senior season.

Didn’t watch their senior film but I remember thinking they were a little undersized and not super fast then. Not great athletes but really good football players.

It looks like Coach Brown has a higher standard for recruits than Coach Babers. I’m good with that. He is known for his ability to evaluate talent. Coach Babers was not.

I am going to trust Coach Brown on this.