Athlon QB Rankings... | Syracusefan.com

Athlon QB Rankings...

orangeinjersey

All Conference
Noteables, sorry if this is a repost...
https://athlonsports.com/college-fo...ring-1-130-starting-quarterback-rankings-2017

Austin Wilson rated worst starting QB in all of FBS

130. Austin Wilson Coastal Carolina.
120. Gio Rescigno, Rutgers (wost rated P5 QB)
105. Darius Wade Boston College
102. Shane Morris Central Michigan
89. Kendall Hilton Wake
82. Malik Rosier Miami
63. Danny Etling LSU
55. Kelley bryant Clemson
54. Max Brown Pitt
38 Ryan Finley NC State
33. Eric Dungey Syracuse
17. Brent Stockstill of MTSU
13. Deondre Francios FSU
1. Lamar Jackson Lville

Last edited:
https://athlonsports.com/college-fo...ring-1-130-starting-quarterback-rankings-2017

89. Kendall Hilton Wake
82. Malik Rosier Miami
63. Danny Etling LSU
54. Max Brown Pitt
38 Ryan Finley NC State
33. Eric Dungey Syracuse
13. Deondre Francios FSU
1. Lamar Jackson Lville

I watch alot of football, I don't know that there's 32 more talented and productive QB's than ED. Certainly not in pre-season projections.

89. Kendall Hilton Wake
82. Malik Rosier Miami
63. Danny Etling LSU
54. Max Brown Pitt
38 Ryan Finley NC State
33. Eric Dungey Syracuse
13. Deondre Francios FSU
1. Lamar Jackson Lville
Also, Brent Stockstill of MTSU is ranked 17th.

I watch alot of football, I don't know that there's 32 more talented and productive QB's than ED. Certainly not in pre-season projections.

He's going to get discounted as a "system" QB from now on. As will our QBs down the road.

33? they must not have watched the Va Tech game. or the BC game. or several others. The kid is one of the gutsiest QBs out there, and pretty damn talented as well.

LOL, Rutgers. What's funnier is most of their board thinks their incoming freshman QB will start. They are in so much trouble this year.

Rescigno was a 2 star no other offer prospect added a week before signing day in Flood's 2014 class that completely imploded. That fact that he was actually starting last year I think is indicative of how lousy their QB situation is.

That's probably right, but for Syracuse to have someone at #33 is an accomplishment in and of itself.

If he plays the full season (good luck against this heavyweight schedule), it will all about where he ends up.

Then he has one more year with more spotlight, while the highly recruited reinforcements are developing and prepping to take over.

All good if you ask me.

That's probably right, but for Syracuse to have someone at #33 is an accomplishment in and of itself.

If he plays the full season (good luck against this heavyweight schedule), it will all about where he ends up.

Then he has one more year with more spotlight, while the highly recruited reinforcements are developing and prepping to take over.

All good if you ask me.

I'm particularly interested in seeing who our QB recruit or recruits in the 2018 class will be. It would be awesome if we could land another prospect the caliber of DeVito.

89. Kendall Hilton Wake
82. Malik Rosier Miami
63. Danny Etling LSU
54. Max Brown Pitt
38 Ryan Finley NC State
33. Eric Dungey Syracuse
17. Brent Stockstill of MTSU
13. Deondre Francios FSU
1. Lamar Jackson Lville

Wow! Preseason predictions in march??? Nuts, but love it. There aren't 32 qbs better than ED, AND not 12 better than Francois.

He's going to get discounted as a "system" QB from now on. As will our QBs down the road.

Ya know, all these kids are in a "system" in college. Geeez, there arent many pro sets these days. I mean, Stanford?

Gonna b hard to land a 2018 coz nobody gonna want to be behind Tommy , it's usually every other year . BTW Tommy is on campus in meetings today and at practice thurs and Saturday to learn what he can

Love that he's already there and participating as he can. I think for us, the important thing is to have safety nets in the event of injury and competitors. We ran into some serious problems with QB depth Post McNabb and even recently. So my hope is that we can still pull in at least 1 quality recruit every year at the position.

Of. Course the system will always draw a Qb but not a blue chip next year 2019 and 2021 big time

I'm particularly interested in seeing who our QB recruit or recruits in the 2018 class will be. It would be awesome if we could land another prospect the caliber of DeVito.

I am torn with this, i know you cant have too much talent at qb, but there are elite teams like lsu that cant even get 1 qb right. Think we have a nice stable at the moment and definitely dont want to recruit over RC.

I am torn with this, i know you cant have too much talent at qb, but there are elite teams like lsu that cant even get 1 qb right. Think we have a nice stable at the moment and definitely dont want to recruit over RC.

I don't think having 4 scholarship QB's (1 per year) is recruiting over anyone. You typically go 3-4 deep at each position and it is the most important position on the team.

I'm not a big fan of taking 2 in one year unless something drastic as far as depth happened, but with our current depth chart, we should be recruiting 1 per year to keep things stable. Even if it's a Kevin Johnson type who translates well to another position if he gets buried on the depth chart.

I don't think having 4 scholarship QB's (1 per year) is recruiting over anyone. You typically go 3-4 deep at each position and it is the most important position on the team.

I'm not a big fan of taking 2 in one year unless something drastic as far as depth happened, but with our current depth chart, we should be recruiting 1 per year to keep things stable. Even if it's a Kevin Johnson type who translates well to another position if he gets buried on the depth chart.

Good take, i agree.