Athlon Way Too Early Top 25 for 2019 | Syracusefan.com

Athlon Way Too Early Top 25 for 2019

I guess they see that Dungey is leaving and think the whole team will fall apart.

I guess they see that Dungey is leaving and think the whole team will fall apart.

The worst part is - their write-up about us is very accurate, which is why I have no idea why we're not in the top 25. As long as the AP & coaches get their stuff right, we'll be starting around the 20 range and have the ability to move up with our non conference schedule being softer than years past.

They are right. It was released way too early. Shoddy job.

I did find this final top 25 for colelge football 2018 that might make some happy.

15 is totally legit, I would expect the AP and coaches polls to both have us there too when they come out next week.

figure where to slot us.. i dont think we justify being above #11 ND after that a crap shoot. I dont see how anyone would rank VT above us and who knows about WSU the others are not wrong ideas.

Nebraska probably played to an 8-9 win team last year without getting the results on the field. 4-8 but had to give away the Col/Troy/NW games and Had a real shot vs OSU/Iowa could easily won the last 7 in a row.

to think they jump to a 8-9 wins this year is no great leap

Last edited:

I think this might be a pre-cursor to disappointment...

A lot of the pundits and writers will think "Dungey. He gone... and that's Cuse out of my top 25 consideration..." (Or at least not cracking the top 20 for some)

I'm not saying that's right, but it's reality when you have a warrior QB that's been the name and face of a resurgent program for 4 years.

I think these rankings are silly and just content generated for message board posters to bang their keyboards over but 5-7 Nebraska at 19 lol.

Good. Motivation.

Going to take another top 25 year, to gain more respect. Top 40 should mean they expect about 8 wins. 9 with a bowl win. Best pre-Babers year since 2001.

Only 2 teams in the ACC in the top 25. Virginia and Cuse in the top 40... No FSU, no Miami...I kinda like that.

Oh and this is instructive. Prepare for zero top 25 lists between now and the start of the 2019 season to include SU.

LOL @ VT and Nebraska. Have they watched ANY football from last season, or are they going picking out lists of schools that have a history?

LOL @ VT and Nebraska. Have they watched ANY football from last season, or are they going picking out lists of schools that have a history?
Bingo. That's why I didn't give a crap about the list. They pick us last in the ACC, last year? How'd that work out for you?

VT is losing 3 olinemen, too. They have them at 21. Cool. We're top 15.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DTCSEC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom