Athlon Way Too Early Top 25 for 2019 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Athlon Way Too Early Top 25 for 2019

Locksley could become moderately successful in due time. Working under Saban had to help. The guy can recruit and he won at Bama. Just glad we are playing them in game 2.

Locksley could become moderately successful in due time. Working under Saban had to help. The guy can recruit and he won at Bama. Just glad we are playing them in game 2.
I just have a feeling that three seasons of association with Saban isn't going to overcome the lifetime of experience that produced a train wreck of a head coach.

I just have a feeling that three seasons of association with Saban isn't going to overcome the lifetime of experience that produced a train wreck of a head coach.

Agreed... I think we rock MD next year. New coach, new systems, and a coach that outside of under Saban has been a train wreck as a HC.

We'll have 15K fired up fans there, they'll have 22K not so fired up fans there. Locks is terrible, the logic behind his hire of MD high school football coaches is lazy. Any coach worth their salt develops that stuff.

I bet Bama fans are glad he's leaving after last night.

Is Maryland a venue worth visiting? Im doing a roady next year and the location makes the most sense for our regional group. However, if the experience sucks, venue and tailgating wise, id rather just go to FSU or Raleigh

Under all circumstances, it's always better to be ranked than to be unranked.
Exactly. I like motivation and the feeling of being an underdog. However, if a realistic "dream season" is losing one game (likely Clemson), and sniffing the playoff, much better to start from a higher spot

Is Maryland a venue worth visiting? Im doing a roady next year and the location makes the most sense for our regional group. However, if the experience sucks, venue and tailgating wise, id rather just go to FSU or Raleigh
TrueBlue...contact me via PM. I can shed light on all the road trip venues.

TrueBlue...contact me via PM. I can shed light on all the road trip venues.
I need one for Syracuse for next year possibly.

I had fun last time we were there and had a board tailgate. Planning on being back.

You can stay in DC and enjoy the Friday night life, and probably Saturday too, assuming an earlier game.

Tailgating will be what you make of it.

That place will be loaded with SU fans, so that alone makes it one of the better road games to attend.

I'd recommend it. I mean, I'll be there.

Maryland is a lot of fun an overall great campus football feel to it on game day.
The seating was a bit high on the 2nd tier but was still really enjoyable.
Campus is nice and worth checking.
Lots of near by stuff to do in all directions if you are making a few days.

Myself and NailstheCusefan12 had a great time when we went the last time. The board tailgate was a definite highlight, although I'd avoid sitting in the top deck...

I am sure the tailgate will be a big one.

It is always nice to attend a game on campus.

The Maryland fans were kind of apathetic. I don't remember them making much noise. They weren't abusive anyway. Though as I think about it, I went to UMD-SU game around 1984 in College Park where upon returning to our car, we found it covered in Terp stickers. They helpfully focused the most on the windshield.

Thanks Terp fans!

Pro tailating tip: If it is a late afternoon or evening start, I recommend wearing long pants. Someone I know wore shorts and it wasn't good when the sun went behind the stands late in the game. I am still defrosting parts from that game.

I am sure the tailgate will be a big one.

It is always nice to attend a game on campus.

The Maryland fans were kind of apathetic. I don't remember them making much noise.

Pro tailating tip: If it is a late afternoon or evening start, I recommend wearing long pants. Someone I know wore shorts and it wasn't good when the sun went behind the stands late in the game. I am still defrosting parts from that game.
What Maryland fans? I barely remember them having anyone there!

Tailgating is easy. Venue is typical mid-Atlantic college stadium. Sit in the lower bowl.

Nothing much around there but close to DC, etc.

Raleigh fwiw is on the state fairgrounds. Tailgating is grass fields and trees, and similar to their caste system - the closer to the stadium the nicer it gets.

Tailgating is easy. Venue is typical mid-Atlantic college stadium. Sit in the lower bowl.

Nothing much around there but close to DC, etc.

Raleigh fwiw is on the state fairgrounds. Tailgating is grass fields and trees, and similar to their caste system - the closer to the stadium the nicer it gets.
NC State fans were weird. They walked around in a daze like they had no idea why they were playing Syracuse.

NC State fans were weird. They walked around in a daze like they had no idea why they were playing Syracuse.

We've taken way their idle chit-chat of playing the name and place game since we aren't locals. They have no other talking points.

We've taken way their idle chit-chat of playing the name and place game since we aren't locals. They have no other talking points.
We'll break the ice and tell them why Wegmans is far superior to Food Lion. Then proceed to tell them "we do it this way back up north" stories. They love hearing those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom