Atlanta Syracuse Fan Gathering | Syracusefan.com

Atlanta Syracuse Fan Gathering

Cuseman78

All Conference
Not sure if this has been posted in another thread at this point, but it looks as though two bars have adopted Syracuse for the weekend, one in Buckhead and one Downtown as per the below linked NCAA website

http://www.ncaa.com/final-four#!fan_gatherings

Buckhead - this place looks great
http://www.andrewsdistrict.com/

Downtown - seems like an Italian restaurant to me
http://www.aziodowntown.com/

Any Atlanta area people have any thoughts on either of the above?

andrews district is a nice bar area in buckhead.

little azio's is not where we are going. thats the dumbest thing ive ever read (obviously not your fault). its a cheesy cheap italian chain restaurant.

I would imagine we will be taking over Hudson Grille downtown

andrews district is a nice bar area in buckhead.

little azio's is not where we are going. thats the dumbest thing ive ever read (obviously not your fault). its a cheesy cheap italian chain restaurant.

I would imagine we will be taking over Hudson Grille downtown

Yea, the Downtown "bar" didn't look like a winner, but the Buckhead one looked good to me (judging by both websites). I'm not sure how these bars officially adopt teams, but sounds like we got a winner with the Andrews District one.

Yea, the Downtown "bar" didn't look like a winner, but the Buckhead one looked good to me (judging by both websites). I'm not sure how these bars officially adopt teams, but sounds like we got a winner with the Andrews District one.

yeah, we def got the winner in Buckhead. Think of East Andrews as the drivers village of Syracuse. It is a mini mall with almost 10 bars in it.

CuseFanATL, what's the best way to get from downtown to Buckhead, specifically late at night after boozing.

yeah, we def got the winner in Buckhead. Think of East Andrews as the drivers village of Syracuse. It is a mini mall with almost 10 bars in it.

And for those of us single guys, see the bolded, italicized, underlined below. Sounds like a winner to me.

East Andrews Downstairs features eight bars, restaurants and comedy under one roof in Buckhead. It includes East Andrews, winner of best singles scene; Andrews Upstairs night club; Cellar 56, winner of best wine bar; Stout Irish Sports Pub; Sal’s Pizzeria; Czar Ice Bar with sushi and vodka; Prohibition, a 20’s era speakeasy awarded best cocktails; 56 East, a banquet hall; and the Improv Comedy Club.

CuseFanATL, what's the best way to get from downtown to Buckhead, specifically late at night after boozing.

there is no good way.

Marta... but the stops arent going to be very convenient to East Andrews. And that is depending on if they increase the schedule (I hope they would).

Cabs will probably be close to $30-40 from downtown to Buckhead. Cabs are very expensive here. There is a $2 per person surcharge and anything/everything that is not in Downtown or Midtown is MILES away.

edit* cabs will prob be a few bucks cheaper than my estimate. Depends on how many people you have because of the surcharge... but $25-$30ish will prob get you 1 way.

there is no good way.

Marta... but the stops arent going to be very convenient to East Andrews. And that is depending on if they increase the schedule (I hope they would).

Cabs will probably be close to $30-40 from downtown to Buckhead. Cabs are very expensive here. There is a $2 per person surcharge and anything/everything that is not in Downtown or Midtown is MILES away.
That's what I figured. This is what Atlanta is not a great place for the Final Four. New Orleans, Indy you could leave you car in a garage. Everything is walkable. At least we aren't in Dallas or Houston. Those would be worse.

And for those of us single guys, see the bolded, italicized, underlined below. Sounds like a winner to me.

East Andrews Downstairs features eight bars, restaurants and comedy under one roof in Buckhead. It includes East Andrews, winner of best singles scene; Andrews Upstairs night club; Cellar 56, winner of best wine bar; Stout Irish Sports Pub; Sal’s Pizzeria; Czar Ice Bar with sushi and vodka; Prohibition, a 20’s era speakeasy awarded best cocktails; 56 East, a banquet hall; and the Improv Comedy Club.

east andrews is nice, andrews upstairs usually has great live music, prohibition is great (find out the code)

But my professional advice? Stay and go out in Midtown.

Va Highlands is also closer than Buckhead. With a bunch of great bars. Just not sure if bball fans will make it over there.

east andrews is nice, andrews upstairs usually has great live music, prohibition is great (find out the code)

But my professional advice? Stay and go out in Midtown.

Va Highlands is also closer than Buckhead. With a bunch of great bars. Just not sure if bball fans will make it over there.

Appreciate the advice. I'm hoping (and expecting) to be there until Tuesday AM so hopefully I'll have some time to explore a lot of the city (having never been there).

Anyone know the S.U. official hotel? Team was at the hotel 'til game night then moved to secret quiet hotel night b$ the game, when I went to N.O. in 1987 and 2003, but alums and official party and various former S.U. players will stay at the hotel for sure.Want to have a beer with Nancy?

Friday night will be an event at Hudson Grille downtown. Still in the works. Moontan or I will post more info. Being set up from Atlanta alumni club. Then they will be doing game watches at the other Hudson Grille in Sandy Springs, but not that important to us if we are going to the games.

The Atlanta alumni club has used several Hudson Grille locations over the years for game viewing (and other) events. They've recently opened a downtown location across from the CNN Center. This is prime real estate for NCAA events. We will have a Happy Hour event there on Friday and I suspect it'll be a popular Orange location for pre-and post- game gatherings. It's just a couple of blocks from the Dome.

Hope I'm there in tme for Happy hour. What time do you think it will be from? My flight gets in at around 4pm. Then to the hotel, and then to here...

4:30-9:00... hoping to combine the downtown Orange working gang and the in-town Orange hoops fans.

4:30-9:00... hoping to combine the downtown Orange working gang and the in-town Orange hoops fans.
Is it walkable from the Shoot around for those in shape? Sounds perfect to park and go to the shoot around and then walk over to the Hudson Grille. I know you guys are happy to have it in Atlanta...I hope it works out great. Tough to top NOLA though.

Is it walkable from the Shoot around for those in shape? Sounds perfect to park and go to the shoot around and then walk over to the Hudson Grille. I know you guys are happy to have it in Atlanta...I hope it works out great. Tough to top NOLA though.
yep - definitely walkable - couple of blocks walk in the beautiful 71 degree weather expected on Saturday :)

Yes, you can walk it.
That's what I'll be doing.

Here's a map taken from my phone. The red dot is supposed to be the Hudson Grille. The actual location is closer to the corner by the CNN Center on Marietta St.. Walking back from the Dome you may want to cut through the CNN Center.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364910172.900849.jpg

Here's a picture thanks to Google maps. The CNN Center is on the right. The Hudson Grille entrance is under the blue awning.
ujazunyj.jpg

My flight gets in at 4:25 PM Friday. I will stop by the Hudson Grille. Can I assume it is a reputable establishment that stocks plenty of high quality ginger ale?

Heading down to Atlanta Friday evening - can't wait! I have family in Marietta and I'll be staying with them, 5 of us going. I was thinking of driving into Buckhead early Saturday to the East Andrews bars and then driving and parking at Lindbergh Center to take Marta into downtown/Georgia dome area. Does that make sense or would you recommend just skipping Buckhead, driving straight to Lindbergh Center and taking Marta in? I assume it's best not to drive right into the dowtown Georgia dome area and park around there?

Heading down to Atlanta Friday evening - can't wait! I have family in Marietta and I'll be staying with them, 5 of us going. I was thinking of driving into Buckhead early Saturday to the East Andrews bars and then driving and parking at Lindbergh Center to take Marta into downtown/Georgia dome area. Does that make sense or would you recommend just skipping Buckhead, driving straight to Lindbergh Center and taking Marta in? I assume it's best not to drive right into the dowtown Georgia dome area and park around there?
it's a practical option. not sure how crowded east andrews will be on saturday unless all the syracuse fans are meeting there. lindbergh station is right around the corner from there (~2 miles down the road so have to drive). also make sure to drive to the top of the parking lot at lindbergh for the free marta parking and taking your parking pass with you. you will need to validate the parking stub before you exit the train station (prior to entering the parking garage again).

it's a practical option. not sure how crowded east andrews will be on saturday unless all the syracuse fans are meeting there. lindbergh station is right around the corner from there (~2 miles down the road so have to drive). also make sure to drive to the top of the parking lot at lindbergh for the free marta parking and taking your parking pass with you. you will need to validate the parking stub before you exit the train station (prior to entering the parking garage again).
Yeah I'll see how it sounds regarding east andrews and if SU fans are meeting up there, otherwise I'll just head straight to wherever SU fans are hanging out pre-game area. Appreciate the info!

I did a year travelling to Atlanta working with Coca Cola and had a few dinners at Azio. Mediocre Italian restaurant and not very big. Won't have a car so Buckhead is probably out. I did like Neighbors in the Virginia Highlands area and might venture out there to reminisce, but Hudson Grille looks like it's a block from my hotel. See you there!

Sorry to bombard you with questions, but would it be worth it to rent a car at ~$60/day if I'm staying in Perimeter Center? It looks like a sizable (if not necessarily huge) distance between the hotel and a lot of the activities and I'm not sure how reliable or prepared the MARTA will be for all the incoming traffic. I'm sure there are parking charges to consider as well, but I'm not sure what that would entail. Thanks for all the pointers!

East Andrews used t0 be the prime bar in Buckhead 5-7 years ago. My guess it is probably the biggest bar in the immediate area. It is still a happening spot. In addition, there are probably 15 other bars in a 2 block radius. Most of them are holes in the wall: kinda how I like it. For good food, try Genki around the corner on Roswell rd (sushi) or Annie's Thai Castle across the street.

As a heads up, the closest Marta stop from East Andrews is the Buckhead stop on Peachtree Rd. It is probably a 25 minute walk, less than 2 miles according to MapQuest. A cab would probably work best.