aTm Game Thread... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

aTm Game Thread...

Totally agree. Need to cattle prod Roberson in the locker room.

I thought Roberson played okay. I think MR needs to shoot a little better so TL can get the ball more often. Every piece on this team has to fall into place for them to win.

No easy baskets. He prevented a layup.

We have virtually no bench and G is our least expendable player. If he were to pick up a tacky tack 3rd foul in the first half we'd be down 10 right now.

Ok, couple half time thoughts.

1. Joseph isnt very good, but it was not his fault Cooney threw him a stupid pass in transition. I think if the market dropped 400 points Boeheim would tear KJ a new one.

2. Does Richardson have any skills besides jacking up threes and charging? Where is the all around game Ive heard so much about? He seems completely unable to get by anyone off the dribble.
Regarding #2 -- Malachi has done a better job than anyone this year at driving and drawing a foul. Sometimes he looks awkard, but his handle is solid and he usually gets contact

1. Joseph isnt very good, but it was not his fault Cooney threw him a stupid pass in transition. I think if the market dropped 400 points Boeheim would tear KJ a new one.

2. Does Richardson have any skills besides jacking up threes and charging? Where is the all around game Ive heard so much about? He seems completely unable to get by anyone off the dribble.

I agree with #1. Not with #2. I think MR is just being a freshmen after a huge exciting game.

The ball that KJ reached out for was deflected.

We have virtually no bench and G is our least expendable player. If he were to pick up a tacky tack 3rd foul in the first half we'd be down 10 right now.

Well he has to be smart and not pickup any ticky tack fouls, but its really not bad play to prevent an easy layup when its your first foul.

Dave85 said:
I thought Roberson played okay. I think MR needs to shoot a little better so TL can get the ball more often. Every piece on this team has to fall into place for them to win.

Roberson shoots about 75% when he catches and shoots. When he hesitates for even a split second, he shoots 5%. Needs to stop thinking and just play.

I don't know about every piece. We played pretty bad and are down 2. Watch Lydon go bonkers in the second half and we run away.

thats not why jb was mad I think I think he was mad because KJO ran to the corner on a 2-1 fast break and hes not draining a 3 from there. That and he left his 3 point shooter to far open on D before the transition attempt.

He needs coaching and confidence all he had to do was square up baseline and lay it up off the backboard there off a cooney bounce pass. he either gets fouled or gets 2 if he squares up correctly.

Little surprised Howard didnt get any run in the first half, Joseph isnt bringing any offense at this point unfortunately. Roberson had few miscues but hes still trying to figure things out from an offensive standpoint

Well he has to be smart and not pickup any ticky tack fouls, but its really not bad play to prevent an easy layup when its your first foul.

In the NBA when you have six fouls and everyone has a deep bench I agree with that strategy, but for us especially in the first half I just say let the guy go.

I don't know about every piece. We played pretty bad and are down 2. Watch Lydon go bonkers in the second half and we run away.

I think these guys may be a little flat after a very exciting game. Hopefully when the second half starts they will be 100% present for this game!

If Roberon and Coleman's inside game improve, we could be a top 10-15 team, this team is going to win a lot of games this year. A&M is a legit team.

In the NBA when you have six fouls and everyone has a deep bench I agree with that strategy, but for us especially in the first half I just say let the guy go.

They definitely have to play smart the second half for us to win. The T&A team is playing very fast basketball.

I think these aTm defenders are pretty good and athletic. We aren't getting around them. They seem to be trying. Joseph doesn't though. Wasn't he an attacking player in H.S.? He is SO reluctant to now. I don't have a good feeling about the 2H.

I'm with Cootface...what hell hell else was Mike going to do but shoot that ball. He was in the act of s 40- footer...which looks a lot different that a 19-footer. Good call by the refs.
The fact they were arguing against that is bananaland. It is what it is. Unfortunate for them, but 100% the right call

It was a mental error.

youre absolutely right that it was a big mental error.
My point was that Cooney's pass was deflected and that's why the pass looked so ugly.

Coleman ooks better every game..he's gonna be really good in a few months

To many wasted opportunities, had three chances up 1 to extend the lead and didnt score. Roberson handling the ball is not a good thing.

Such poor officiating if that is flagrant and Roberson's isn't

Starting to get some calls here in the second, lucky that Richardson wasn't hurt on that Ultimate Warrior body press slam.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom