Atta boy MCW | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Atta boy MCW

you know how much pressure is on this kid. he needs some help. it was him and triche today and that's all. these 2 are counted on to play close to 40 minutes a game, and everyone is on him because he didn't pass the ball at the end. who is he going to pass to? he made a couple moves to the basket it just didn't work out today. the coach wanted the ball in his hands down the stretch, just like the past couple games. this game isn't on him as some may think.
I like MCW, but Triche came hard to the ball a few times at the end and MCW wouldn't give it up. He has to understand that he has help and then use it.

I like MCW, but Triche came hard to the ball a few times at the end and MCW wouldn't give it up. He has to understand that he has help and then use it.

Maybe somebody should have told him that

MCW wants the be "the man". He pulled the same crap v. L-ville when he decided he didn't need help bringing the ball up...then he got his pocket picked clean and looked foolish. Today, Triche was "the man" toward the end and MCW plays keep-away the last 2 minutes.

hmmmm...let me think...pass the ball toTriche.
It is easier to think I am the man than to be the man. MCW has a terrible handle; MCW is not a good shooter (although he does shoot better at the end of games when the spot light is fully on him); but MCW is a very good passer. So maybe MCW should pass the ball..duh.
I frankly blame two people for this loss...JB and MCW. JB not for stalling, but allowing a number of possessions with the ball solely in MCW's hands...for less than 15 seconds did Triche have the ball in the last 3 minutes...and then when time was nearly gone 'Cuse did the basically the same play...screen that MCW went to the right...never got a decent shot...and of course we had Triche calling for the ball more than once...Wanting to be the man means nothing if you cannot perform to be the man...MCW had 3-4 chances to put the game away and MCW did not. That is not a definition of The MAN...not even a clutch player...would have liked to have said "what a pass he made that led to the winning basket" but NO...he didnt do that either.

I remember more than one quote, many from MCW himself, that he liked to make assists more than scoring. What happened with that philosophy?

MCW needs to stop reading all the stories about how great he is.