attendance on Friday? Sorry had to do it. nm | Syracusefan.com

attendance on Friday? Sorry had to do it. nm

Unfortunately I think it will be announced a shade over 40K but butts in seats will be more like 36K. But that's just a guess. I haven't heard much buzz. If we were 5-1 going in, I would have then thought we'd hit 43K.

less than stellar (will be largest announced - but in actuality it will be about 37k with 3k being WVU)

There are definitely more tickets sold for this game than the previous games by just looking at TM

It's family weekend so there will be a bump in attendance but this will make the atmosphere not as good. Students with no family there will be liquored up I can guarantee you that. I'm making the trip up from NYC and will be good to go when I arrive.

There are definitely more tickets sold for this game than the previous games by just looking at TM
We've already proven ticketmaster means nothing for these games, but I hope we have a huge turnout

WVU (unlike the rest of the NBE) will travel well to the Dome also.

None of these threads this year ever had to take into account a few thousand visiting fans.

WVU (unlike the rest of the NBE) will travel well to the Dome also.

None of these threads this year ever had to take into account a few thousand visiting fans.

That's because those visiting fans don't root for Syracuse.

That's because those visiting fans don't root for Syracuse.

But they have an impact on the final count. Difference between a 39k Louisville game and a 42k WVU game isn't always because WVU is more interesting or SU fans are making some kind of attendance statement. It can be because Louisville brings their typical 30 fans, WVU brings their typical 2-3k.

Final count will be what Gross wants it to be. Knowing he can't say 49k with blinding silver between the 30s, he can give a quick assessment to say it's 43k because it sounds better than the 36k that actually walk through the gates.

I bet WVU turnout is fairly low...Friday night game is a killer for them.

My guess is 44k announced, 38k actual.

Final count will be what Gross wants it to be. Knowing he can't say 49k with blinding silver between the 30s, he can give a quick assessment to say it's 43k because it sounds better than the 36k that actually walk through the gates.
They announce paid tickets, it's not just an arbitrary number Gross comes up with.

They announce paid tickets, it's not just an arbitrary number Gross comes up with.

I believe you.

Except I don't believe you.

The arbitrary number that I think Gross comes up with is based on how many tickets he decides to "give away" on Thursday or Friday.

No one will ever convince me that isn't happening in some form during this dark attendance period.

Come on, Gross isn't lying about attendance numbers. Something tells me that that isn't even legal.

It's paid attendance. Just like every sports event in the country.

The arbitrary number that I think Gross comes up with is based on how many tickets he decides to "give away" on Thursday or Friday.

Ok, that I can agree with.

You made it sound as if you think Gross just makes up a number out of thin air. Yes, I imagine there are a lot of giveaways.

I would imagine it's not "paid attendance" strictly speaking. It's a count of "tickets distributed", and that's why we can announce, say, 39,116 for Toledo, when there was no way there were more than 30K actual humans in the building that night.

Whatever, it's no biggee.

My observation has always been that if you get 42K actual human beings in the Dome the place looks relatively full and sounds loud on TV. If we get 38K in there for WVU it'll be OK, other than the usual embarassing silver patches between the 30s.

45,000 should be bigger then Rutgers and WV will bring a 2 to 3 k

43k announced, 37k actual bodies in the stands. Lots of silver to be seen, unfortunately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom