Attendance Question | Syracusefan.com

Attendance Question

Orange72

Walk On
A lot has been made about the attendance for the opening game. What was the average attendance at the dome for home games around the time that Donovan McNabb was here? I am curious how much of a gap there is.

I'm pretty sure that in the midst of the McNabb era attendance was very close to capacity - I'm pretty sure that for two or three years that was the case.

A lot has been made about the attendance for the opening game. What was the average attendance at the dome for home games around the time that Donovan McNabb was here? I am curious how much of a gap there is.

1994 home opener vs Oklahoma ... 48,421. Season average 47,746. (Pre-McNabb) OU, Rutgers, Va Tech, Pitt, Miami, Maryland.

1995 vs East Carolina ... 36,547. Season average 43,357. ECU, Minnesota, Temple, EMU, WV, BC.

1996 vs North Carolina ... 48,097. Season average 48,134. NC, Va Tech, Pitt, Rutgers, Army, Miami.

1997 vs NC State ... 42,742. Season average 45,865. Nc State, Tulane, ECU, Temple, WV, BC.

1998 vs Tennessee ... 49,550. Season average 47,898. Tennesse, Rutgers, Cinci, Pitt, Va Tech, Miami.

1999 vs Central Michigan ... 45,563. Season average 46,741. (Post-McNabb). I think SU made you buy a CMU ticket in order to get a Michigan ticket for the following week. CMU, Michigan, WV, Tulane, BC, Temple.

I'm pretty sure that in the midst of the McNabb era attendance was very close to capacity - I'm pretty sure that for two or three years that was the case.

There has to be numbers out there but I don't think the attendance was as great as many believe in the mcnabb era.. It was decent and certainly better than now but I remember a lot of 41 k in those days as well

I think we played some teams that traveled quite well and that skews those numbers a bit but it was nice seeing the Dome with 48K or more.

Look at the spike in the Miami/Tech even years. Even so, not the most impressive numbers.

1994 home opener vs Oklahoma ... 48,421. Season average 47,746. (Pre-McNabb) OU, Rutgers, Va Tech, Pitt, Miami, Maryland.

1995 vs East Carolina ... 36,547. Season average 43,357. ECU, Minnesota, Temple, EMU, WV, BC.

1996 vs North Carolina ... 48,097. Season average 48,134. NC, Va Tech, Pitt, Rutgers, Army, Miami.

1997 vs NC State ... 42,742. Season average 45,865. Nc State, Tulane, ECU, Temple, WV, BC.

1998 vs Tennessee ... 49,550. Season average 47,898. Tennesse, Rutgers, Cinci, Pitt, Va Tech, Miami.

1999 vs Central Michigan ... 45,563. Season average 46,741. (Post-McNabb). I think SU made you buy a CMU ticket in order to get a Michigan ticket for the following week. CMU, Michigan, WV, Tulane, BC, Temple.

What was up with the 1995 home opener that made it so much lower than the other seasons? I understand it is not as good of a game but the overall attendence was pretty low as well. Just sticks out to me.

Look at the spike in the Miami/Tech even years. Even so, not the most impressive numbers.
attendance is over now.--i need the team to be calm and focused and not concerned about pleasing the syracuse community. the order of the day is not 40-50000. it is total effort. if there was noone in the stadium its about them. -- let them play as if we are not there ---for themselves and pride. i was never more proud of them , after almost 50 yrs of su football,i was at the pinstripe bowl---to see this group celebrate after years of scorn from the fans and media was awesome. i hope they take their personal pride, academics and character out into the real world, and attack that with the passion they bring to su, the games, and to each other. i will see you there from bethlehem pa----

What was up with the 1995 home opener that made it so much lower than the other seasons? I understand it is not as good of a game but the overall attendence was pretty low as well. Just sticks out to me.

The 1994 team didn't get a bowl invite. Not much pre-season hype for 1995.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom