Attendance this weekend | Syracusefan.com

Attendance this weekend

USC's allotment was 4,500 tickets? Something tells me that when we "host" ND, they'll get a slightly larger allotment.

Add a zero, that would sound about right

Based on 28k being sold as of 2 weeks ago before groupon and freebies, I figure another 5k from those efforts and maybe 2-5k walk up. So I think we'll end up at 35-38k.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Based on 28k being sold as of 2 weeks ago before groupon and freebies, I figure another 5k from those efforts and maybe 2-5k walk up. So I think we'll end up at 35-38k.

And it's a "home" game for us so that means about 50k announced, not bad!

is the money guaranteed or will a lower turnout discourage SU from doing this again?

is the money guaranteed or will a lower turnout discourage SU from doing this again?
The money is guaranteed. They will get a guaranteed $1.8B for showing up. It will cover their expenses for the next 20 years.

Upstate fans 20O
NYC fans 7K
USC fans 5K
Confused WVU/VT fans 5K

Edited above. CNY fans can't be bothered to roll off their couches to get to the Dome. They certainly wont be coming down here in any significant numbers. And it's a perfect weekend for apple picking anyway, isn't it?

Edited above. CNY fans can't be bothered to roll off their couches to get to the Dome. They certainly wont be coming down here in any significant numbers. And it's a perfect weekend for apple picking anyway, isn't it?

Fact is, they aren't coming in droves from metro NYC either.

Bingo, and if the game was at the Dome I guarantee we would have at least in the low 40's for turnout probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 42-44K.

Every alum I've spoken to here in the city is planing to go.

We have no idea where they are coming from. All we know is not enough are coming, at the Dome or in Jersey. Gotta start winning

Bingo, and if the game was at the Dome I guarantee we would have at least in the low 40's for turnout probably somewhere in the neighborhood of 42-44K.

I gotta believe it would've sold out in the Dome. People in Cuse like a show. But maybe I'm overestimating the townie fan.

And that is supposed to impress anyone? Pretty pathetic that it wouldnt be sold out for a top 5 team. Instead it will be 5k less 4 hours from campus and TGD will be cashing a fat check right after the games over. Sounds like he knows what he's doing.

I gotta believe it would've sold out in the Dome. People in Cuse like a show. But maybe I'm overestimating the townie fan.

Recent history tells us there's a fat chance this game sells out.

We have no idea where they are coming from. All we know is not enough are coming, at the Dome or in Jersey. Gotta start winning
That's the bottom line. The location of this game is about marketing (fans and recruits) to under-tapped market. To be successful though, wins must be a part of the equation. Success in drawing fans from this market will not just translate to more fans at a game in/near NYC but at the dome as well.

Too much reliance on "the townie fan". They've been carrying the fanbase for a while. Time for alums to step up to the plate... which is part of why this game in in NYC metro. Gotta generate excitement for alums. Could backfire though with a poor showing...hope that does not happen.

Doubt it. PSU didn't sell out (and half the fans were Nits).

Maybe we get 44k tops. Less if single game tickets were bumped up to $50 for the game.

And I doubt if the Foodstamp tix would have remained at $99 with USC on the schedule.

Not sure what the recent history is - bad teams no fans? USC is #2 and a glamour program (or renegade) whichever, and Syracuse showed a pulse last weekend, I think the Dome would've been sold out. I think way more casual fans would've been there. Who knows though - you're probably right.

Too much reliance on "the townie fan". They've been carrying the fanbase for a while. Time for alums to step up to the plate... which is part of why this game in in NYC metro. Gotta generate excitement for alums. Could backfire though with a poor showing...hope that does not happen.

Win football games. Fans will show up wherever they play if they get back to a Pasqualoni level. See: Basketball road attendance

Correct, it is not due to one "type" of fan. Local, student, out of towner.

But even winning wont be a cure all until other changes that some people poo poo are made.

And that is supposed to impress anyone? Pretty pathetic that it wouldnt be sold out for a top 5 team. Instead it will be 5k less 4 hours from campus and TGD will be cashing a fat check right after the games over. Sounds like he knows what he's doing.

Think macro, not micro. Instant gratification isn't always the answer.

Win football games. Fans will show up wherever they play if they get back to a Pasqualoni level. See: Basketball road attendance

Which Pasqualoni level? Attendance sank his last 3 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom