Attendance this weekend | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Attendance this weekend

There are probably 25k real diehard SU football fans. 95% of them are locals. The program doesn't exist without the locals.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

There are probably 25k real diehard SU football fans. 95% of them are locals. The program doesn't exist without the locals.

I dunno I think they could move all the home games to MetLife and technically come out better. It would never happen as the team would have to travel four hours to every home game.

The University doesn't do well if it doesn't get money. This game gives them a lot of money. More than if 49,662 showed up in the Dome (which would not happen).

The locals have been giving it tepid support since the turn of the century, so the University, IMO, was smart to drive increased revenue at a time when it was getting fewer dollars from 1) attendance, 2) donations, 3) a crappy Big East, and 4) a crappy Big East with a questionable future...all while spending some money to upgrade facilities.

It's not like the Green Bay Packers here selling out each game and they move one of its home games. This was a very solid business decision.

The University doesn't do well if it doesn't get money. This game gives them a lot of money. More than if 49,662 showed up in the Dome (which would not happen).

The locals have been giving it tepid support since the turn of the century, so the University, IMO, was smart to drive increased revenue at a time when it was getting fewer dollars from 1) attendance, 2) donations, 3) a crappy Big East, and 4) a crappy Big East with a questionable future...all while spending some money to upgrade facilities.

It's not like the Green Bay Packers here selling out each game and they move one of its home games. This was a very solid business decision.

Even the Packers used to play a game in Milwaukee every year.

Very true. The locals are carrying the fanbase and have for years. That's why it's critical to get alums excited and take all the pressure of the locals for all their support. Diversify!

Apparently NYC has a marketing problem.

It actually is a really fun place.

44cuse

Well I'll be damned.. So you are telling me that the people who roll out of bed and are at the Dome in 10 minutes attend more games than the alums who have to make a 4 hour drive? That rather obvious, no?

And your 95% figure is way off. There are plenty of die hards who live this way, and all over the rest of the country. Many don't have the Time to drive 4 hours 6 times a year.

Use this board as a cross section of our die hards. A ton of non-CNY die hards on this board. The locals obviously obviously have an advantage as to how many games they can attend but don't pretend there aren't a lot of die hards elsewhere.

Apparently NYC has a marketing problem.

It actually is a really fun place.

44cuse

You would think this one weekend a year would be a treat for the CNYers right? Instead, complain, complain.

I dunno I think they could move all the home games to MetLife and technically come out better. It would never happen as the team would have to travel four hours to every home game.

That would die real fast. Sounds like a rutgers fans idea.

Let's be real, the game tomorrow was scheduled to:

1) Secure a lucrative guaranteed payday for an athletic department that was stuck in the revenue graveyard known as the Big East Conference.

2) Serve as a mechanism to schmooze with NYC alums and pry some donation dollars from their wallets.

3) Give Doc Gross a chance to see 'Book of Mormom' again.

OK, one of those might be made up.

Would that be #1.

Well I'll be damned.. So you are telling me that the people who roll out of bed and are at the Dome in 10 minutes attend more games than the alums who have to make a 4 hour drive? That rather obvious, no?

And your 95% figure is way off. There are plenty of die hards who live this way, and all over the rest of the country. Many don't have the Time to drive 4 hours 6 times a year.

Use this board as a cross section of our die hards. A ton of non-CNY die hards on this board. The locals obviously obviously have an advantage as to how many games they can attend but don't pretend there aren't a lot of die hards elsewhere.

I don't expect out of towners to come to every game nor even most. But when we have only 25k in the stands, it's all locals. Not students, not out of towners. Been that way for the 45+ years I've been going. Besides the 25k local diehards, the others only show when it is a huge game or the team is excellent and they become frontrunner's.

No one game makes or breaks the local support. SU has some ut to themselves since that turn of the century. And the way to make ir better? Don't try and just move the 14 biggest games. Even after, as a marketing tool, it was announced USC would be in the Dome. When it comes to fan support in the Dome, I don't think anyone can name 1 thing SU has done for the fan. Yet I could name a dozen or more that takes from the fan. Starting with the changes made to the donor program. SU thinks short term when it comes to fan support.

With the ACC deal now in hand, let's see if SU now cans that 10 game deal. Money won't be an excuse.

I went to the Coliseum last year. I was actually surprised by how few people we had there. If I lived in New York City, I'd get season tickets for Basketball and if we started winning in Football, I'd buy season tickets for that as well.

It's supposed to storm fairly bad tomorrow. May affect the attendance.

No one game makes or breaks the local support. SU has some ut to themselves since that turn of the century. And the way to make ir better? Don't try and just move the 14 biggest games. Even after, as a marketing tool, it was announced USC would be in the Dome. When it comes to fan support in the Dome, I don't think anyone can name 1 thing SU has done for the fan. Yet I could name a dozen or more that takes from the fan. Starting with the changes made to the donor program. SU thinks short term when it comes to fan support.

With the ACC deal now in hand, let's see if SU now cans that 10 game deal. Money won't be an excuse.

They sell $10 tickets and beer...that already puts them ahead of 90% of BCS programs alone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom