Attendance tidbit | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Attendance tidbit

You're talking about the temperature difference between Potsdam and Syracuse, right? ;)

Clarkson grad here, too. F SLU!

What year? I'm old. I was '78.

Ha. no boubt!

Superstitious. My wife was saying how I was crazy to not at least wear a long sleeve windbreaker. I told her I was not going to be responsible for breaking the home court winning streak by changing it up now. Bad enough Dasher screwed up and we lost the game.

You are insane. I like it! I'm just afraid you're not going to live too long.

Traffic cops really do make things worse; it's really disappointing that someone is paying them to be out there doing an inferior job to traffic signals.

And what's with the on-street parking on Irving? Is it true that the cops who close it down allow their friends and colleagues to park on that block for free (one of the mods, I think, pointed this out once: it's always full of cars despite being closed)?

If that's really going on, that's disgraceful. If Post-Standard writers actually read this page, there's something worth looking into.

I don't agree with all your attendance posts, but I'll agree on this. Just seemed soooo much easier several years ago with no or few cops and no real traffic patterns. Now, I get to within 1 block of where I park and I have to spend 10-15 minutes in traffic to go right, left, left around the block to get there. As to on street parking, it was easier when they allowed that too. Used to always park on Henry St. And there are some streets whe only the cops park. That's been like that for years too for some reason.

I don't agree with all your attendance posts, but I'll agree on this. Just seemed soooo much easier several years ago with no or few cops and no real traffic patterns. Now, I get to within 1 block of where I park and I have to spend 10-15 minutes in traffic to go right, left, left around the block to get there. As to on street parking, it was easier when they allowed that too. Used to always park on Henry St. And there are some streets whe only the cops park. That's been like that for years too for some reason.

Bees, were you the one who called that to the board's attention? I don't recall.

But that's insane. That should absolutely be reported on, brought to the public's, mayor's, and chancellor's attention. It's bad enough that they're out there screwing up the traffic pattern, but to be effectively profiting off the public right-of-way? That's stealing. It's beyond the pale.

Hell, I went to SU and did a lot of driving around the city and hill and a few times they have made traffic go a way that I was unfamiliar with!

Like my trip to Providence back in the day before GPS. I could see the Dunkin Donuts Center from three different highways but couldn't get there. I still hate that city.

Amen to that. I park in the Stadium lot - across the street from Fine. With the early departing crowd we were looking for a quick trip home, however for the first time all year they closed off Raynor going down hill forcing everyone from all west lots over to Van Buren. Took us 45 minutes to get to 81 south. Packing Sunday breakfast just in case for after Gtown.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

100 percent true. I'm curious what the draw is for people that live an hour or more away. It's tough for those folks to make it on a weeknight.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
I live around the area that JB grew up in and it usually takes me an hour and 15 minutes to get to a game against the OOC teams. Still make it to more than half of the games though.

What year? I'm old. I was '78.

Let's just say I was probably still getting breast fed at that point... :) Although I guess that could be anywhere within a 10 year window for me.

I graduated there in '99