Austin Wilson | Syracusefan.com

Austin Wilson

I'm pretty sure OE said he would be at SU this past weekend...I like the get. His video showed great accuracy and good footwork.

Austin is already recruiting for us. On his twitter, he was talking to 3 star MLB prospect Junior Joseph. Junior told Austin that Syracuse was recruiting him but no offer, Austin replied back to give them a serious look, which Junior replied with "put in a good word for me".

Gotta love that!

Not thrilled with this, mainly because we are still in on Tim Boyle from CT. I hope we are not telling him that since Wilson is coming here he doesn't have a scholarship here.

I am always one to defend Doug on these early commits, but I dislike when our QB's only other offer is Eastern Michigan.

that video shows a kid with real nice touch and (taken with a grain of salt that it's a highlight video) but he hits most every receiver in stride. There's nothing worse when watching these QB highlight videos when every pass seems underthrown or behind. I don't see that with this kid's video much at all.

Not thrilled with this, mainly because we are still in on Tim Boyle from CT. I hope we are not telling him that since Wilson is coming here he doesn't have a scholarship here.

I am always one to defend Doug on these early commits, but I dislike when our QB's only other offer is Eastern Michigan.

I was hoping we'd stay on Boyle as well but with the fact that he just got that Florida offer who knows. This kid might be a nice get.

I like that fact that he's playing out of the shotgun.

I was hoping we'd stay on Boyle as well but with the fact that he just got that Florida offer who knows. This kid might be a nice get.

I like that fact that he's playing out of the shotgun.
We're not out of it with Boyle, he loves Hackett. I really hope we still give him a shot to come here.

We are definitely losing Nassib this year...is there a chance Charlie won't be asked back? Obviously just a question. Is it conceivable to think we could take two QB's this class? Especially if the staff doesn't think Ashton is the one.

We're not out of it with Boyle, he loves Hackett. I really hope we still give him a shot to come here.

My thought would be that with no clear cut solution at QB -- particularly with Hunt's troubles -- and no legitimately "good" QB (I like Nassib but he's inconsistent and "solid" is a better adjective ... so far) since McNabb, I can't imagine they wouldn't find room for anyone they thought could truly be an answer at the most important position on the field.

we are still going to pursue Boyle
Correct. As mentioned before, we are taking 2 QBs in this class to account for the loss of Miller and the probable move of Ashton Broyld.

Wilson is a big get. There is a lot of like about Wilson...big kid with good athletic ability and what looks to be a very accurate arm.

The kid clearly believes in his own accuracy and his willing to trust it in tight spots. Good athleticism. Didn't see the deep ball or the 18 yard out. But he looks like an excellent move the sticks QB.

Correct. As mentioned before, we are taking 2 QBs in this class to account for the loss of Miller and the probable move of Ashton Broyld.

Wilson is a big get. There is a lot of like about Wilson...big kid with good athletic ability and what looks to be a very accurate arm.

I like Wilsons tape a lot. I think this is a good pick-up considering our need for 2 QBs. What ever happened with Millian Collins? And Boyle would be great, but when was the last time SU out recruited UF..

We are definitely losing Nassib this year...is there a chance Charlie won't be asked back? Obviously just a question. Is it conceivable to think we could take two QB's this class? Especially if the staff doesn't think Ashton is the one.

I doubt it--Loeb is a valuable contributor on special teams / kicking--doesn't make sense to not ask him to return.

Am I the only one that thinks his delivery is very similar to Nassib's?

"and love the deep ball." Bingo. Boom. Done and done.

I like the get. His video showed great accuracy and good footwork.

Yeah, he completes every pass in a highlight film.

He did look pretty efficient with little or no pass rush.

But our next quarterback will have a high schools tape that looks like this. Why not this guy?

Yeah, he completes every pass in a highlight film.

He did look pretty efficient with little or no pass rush.

But our next quarterback will have a high schools tape that looks like this. Why not this guy?

I don't know if you are taking a dig at me with that comment, but I don't understand the need to point that out . You're right, a highlight tape is what it is, but there's no reason to pick it apart.

Look at the fundamentals. Look at his drops and how he carries his weight through his throws. Fundamentals are there.

Anyone could make your comments for every recruit.

Good god, look at Kevin Olsen's highlight tape. He hits every throw he makes...

Rivals has him as the #4 QB in the state of PA.

“And they made it clear I was their No. 1 guy. That was important to me. I didn’t want to be some back-up recruit.”

Surprising.

“And they made it clear I was their No. 1 guy. That was important to me. I didn’t want to be some back-up recruit.”

Surprising.

Yup that is a VERY interesting comment considering Syracuse had a bunch of offers out to other QB's.

The comment also makes me think that Syracuse is only bringing in one QB this class unless the second kid is a 'slash' type - multi position kid like Broyld. Both Milan Collins and the kid from Georgia can play other positions but I'd suspect the kid from CT is out.

Whatever happened to the QB from Rhode Island?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom