Austin Wilson | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Austin Wilson

He is reported to be 6'3 which I did not see on tape. I honestly thought he was maybe 6 foot tops so I retract my undersized comment. Still, I have higher expectations if we expect to be anything more then a 5 or 6 win team on a yearly basis.
Couldn't agree more. If all we want is a mediocre team that flirts with a bowl game each year, that is not the picture I want to see for sure.

Not that it's good for him to do so, but he throws pretty well off of his back foot, too.

Delvaugn Dennis class 2012 going to play for West Chester, whatever that is.
Del’Vaughn Dennis (Enola, Pa./East Pennsboro) was West Chester’s top choice at tight end, and the Golden Rams are excited that this talented end has chosen West Chester to continue his football career. Dennis is a first team all-conference pick on both offense and defense and was selected second team all-area at tight end. He caught 43 passes for 800 yards and eight TDs. Defensively, he registered 11 sacks and blocked four punts.

Austin still has a year to grow. I would expect him to be 6'4" and weigh in around 225 when he finishes high school and the first year of college. Hopefully the coaches saw something, but if you look hard at the video in some spots, you can see his size. Good mechanics too but you can not just ignore his hands in a few of the clips and his accuracy along with a well thrown ball with some touch. Must be optimistic.

The staff has seen him play in person, then they offered him. Isn't that good enough? Good lord.

I don't think the highlight film "wows" in any sense but he certainly seems poised and he seems, at least from that vid, a pocket passer and not a scrambler. He just seems too relaxed out there, doesn't he? But he seems to read the defense well, although hard to see in the vid how his progressions were. If our OL gets the job done a pocket QB with accuracy and touch sounds good to me, especially since the hope is that he will improve under SU tutelage.

Just spoke with Austin and we're going to be doing something cool for the site. After each game of his senior year in high school this upcoming season, we're going to do an update on how he did how his team did, etc to kind of follow him throughout his senior year. So look for that this fall.

Just spoke with Austin and we're going to be doing something cool for the site. After each game of his senior year in high school this upcoming season, we're going to do an update on how he did how his team did, etc to kind of follow him throughout his senior year. So look for that this fall.

Awesome job with Nation of Orange! Really like what you've been doing. Keep up the good work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom