Available centers in the basketball portal | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Available centers in the basketball portal

Not ideal by any stretch but desperate times call for desperate measures and we needed a back up big with 5 fouls to give next year while Carey develops. Not in love with tying up a spot for 3 more years but we generally don't use all of our schollys anyway. Im guessing the staff sees him as a long term backup at best.

We have the market cornered on African kids.

Moussa Keita
Chukwu
Obokoh
Sidibe
Bol Ajak
Potentially this Hima kid

Not a bad place for a pipeline when you consider guys like Embiid, Ibaka, Siakam, all are from Africa. Going back to guys like Hakeem and Mutombo.

Does anybody have video of Hima playing at Duquesne? I thought I found a nice highlight video, some wise-ass mislabeled an Edwards highlight reel.

Now I am excited to see what Edwards can do next year!

But if that's all we're asking for, then can't a freshman like Brown or Carey give us even that? Why bother at that point. It's chicken or the egg, I swear.
So you’d prefer they don’t use the scholarship?

I don't remember the last SU center who could hit a short jump shot. People were wanting Frank to play forward, who had no offensive skills, I think Mounir could.

hey...he's a big body in the zone that hopefully can play 5 mins when needed.

That said...in games where Jesse has foul trouble. we'll be in big trouble unless one of these guys elevates their game.

Not sure if he will develop into a legit option for us, but this article is a good read and he sounds like a great kid:

Welcome to Mouns!

Not sure if he will develop into a legit option for us, but this article is a good read and he sounds like a great kid:

Welcome to Mouns!

Mouns Olympus? He's a Cuse natural!

When he gets an easy putback - Hima-layup!