Awesome. Duke can't throw the ball in the ocean... | Syracusefan.com

Awesome. Duke can't throw the ball in the ocean...

I will be satisfied enough with a loss tonight,

The gap will still be wide no matter the result on Saturday if they can lose tonight.

...which pretty much guarantees that they'll go 19-30 against us on Saturday. Oh Lord
I was just thinking the exact same thing! On a side note they have shown an inside game tonight. Against us they literally could do nothing inside the three point line for 85% of the game.

On a positive note, this is a bad loss for Duke. They had the game against their hated rival in control and were on cruise control. Then stopped scoring for 7 minutes in the second and let Carolina erase a huge deficit.

They expended some energy and ended up getting whipped. At the end of the day, maybe they'll be a little tired or a little off coming off this type of game two days before we play. Minor "advantage" at best--we'll need to play our best to win at Cameron. But if it gives us an advantage, I'll take it.

Here's how we win.

Duke can have severe lapses in defensive intensity. They get beat on the boards. They can go cold from deep.

I expect a huge game from Grant and Fair.

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 1m
Duke and Syracuse now both head into Saturday's clash at Cameron coming off losses. Highly anticipated showdown just got more interesting.

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 1m
Duke and Syracuse now both head into Saturday's clash at Cameron coming off losses. Highly anticipated showdown just got more interesting.

I'd argue it's a little less interesting. At least nationally. Was setting up as a can't miss rematch between 1 and 5 who were rolling. Not quite as shiny now, except for us SU and Duke fans.

I am excited to see how this team bounces back. Win or lose a well played game is what I look for the most. Dukes been living on the edge with the 3 pt shot at times. They shot it poorly against MD and now against UNC. Should be interesting.

Marcus Paige = Tyler Ennis
Expect the same you saw out of Marcus tonite, out of Tyler Saturday.
I hope so. Paige is starting to get my vote for 1st team ACC point guard. The reason being, he's playing like an aggressive version of Ennis.

I am excited to see how this team bounces back. Win or lose a well played game is what I look for the most. Dukes been living on the edge with the 3 pt shot at times. They shot it poorly against MD and now against UNC. Should be interesting.

Here's hoping they are just a little off or have semi tired legs on Saturday. Duke executes well, but they are heavily dependent on the three point shot. If they shoot their average [say, 8 or 9 per game instead of the 15 they hit in the first matchup], I really like our chances. Would love to see them hit 35% from three instead of 42% as a function of tired legs.

Very impressed with UNC defense in the last 10 minutes. Much different team than the one we beat at the dome. Glad we beat both of these teams.

Also…
Dawkins hardly played at all tonight (zilch in the 2nd half, I believe) so he might be the one "fresh legs" shooter that could be trouble for us

Here's hoping they are just a little off or have semi tired legs on Saturday. Duke executes well, but they are heavily dependent on the three point shot. If they shoot their average [say, 8 or 9 per game instead of the 15 they hit in the first matchup], I really like our chances. Would love to see them hit 35% from three instead of 42% as a function of tired legs.

Agreed and I think this game will tell us a lot about our resolve this year. We are at the typical turnaround point from the February swoon. We have had the poorly played last 4 games where we managed to only lose 1. Typically we then start the charge into march. Hoping saturday is the turning point for playing like a contender again. I like our chances as well.

Eye on College BBall ‏@EyeOnCBB 6m
RT @laurakeeley UNC the first team to beat the preseason 1, 2, 3 and 4 in the AP poll

Beating UNC might end up being our biggest accomplishment. They don't lose against the heavyweights. Except for us. And they were only really in it for the first 10 minutes.

Chip said:
Beating UNC might end up being our biggest accomplishment. They don't lose against the heavyweights. Except for us. And they were only really in it for the first 10 minutes.

We embarrassed them. They had 35 points with a few minutes left.

2 teams in shooting slumps Saturday. Watching k's presser. He's pi$$ed. Thought duke played with little effort in the second half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom