Awful. | Syracusefan.com

Awful.

44cuse

All Conference
Thread will be, and probably should be, deleted.

But watching UCONN win again is awful. Out of the Big East. A conference we helped create. To put it mildly. This is just bad across the board. Congrats to them. They deserve every bit of it. They rebuilt. Three losing seasons in a row (which for any of us is intolerable, same for them.). Then another NC.

I hope our staff takes this differently than JB ever would have.

But watching UCONN win is only 2nd bad to watching GT win. Crappy night for sure.

44cuse

Well said. Need to focus on the building process. We have the facilities, history and fan support. Need to mesh this team with a healthy group of transfers, recruits and returning players. In this transfer-heavy reality, I would rather have established players at the D1 level then 5 star and 4 star kids that have massive potential but haven’t yet touched the floor at the D1 level. I think we are going to see teams going forward win with established transfers and returning players rather than a Kentucky or Duke team filled with 5 stars.

But watching UCONN win again is awful. Out of the Big East. A conference we helped create. To put it mildly. This is just bad across the board. Congrats to them. They deserve every bit of it. They rebuilt. Three losing seasons in a row (which for any of us is intolerable, same for them.). Then another NC.

But watching UCONN win is only 2nd bad to watching GT win. Crappy night for sure.

44cuse
Basketball gods are sending us a clear message.

I’m in finance and to me being a Syracuse basketball fan for the past decade feels like pair trading where your short leg went 5X and your long leg got delisted.

Tobacco road will guarantee that our basketball team doesn't make it

I just want my team to have a chance. I hope Red is the answer. I hate the ACC. I know we are a small college with limited funds. I think that means we should have stayed in the Big East where we were a big fish. Now we're just waiting for the next round of lifeboats.

The ACC is not long for this world. Clemson, FSU, and Miami are headed for greener football pastures. What happens to the Cuse? The ACC was best for our budget but not for me as a hoop fan.

Last edited:

44cuse

Not only does UCONN have five National Championships, all coming since 1999, but they've never lost in a championship game. They are 5-0. Of the top ten teams with the most MCBB championships, they stand alone in that regard. Indiana is next best having won five championships, 1940, 1953, 1976, 1981, 1987, and losing only once in a championship game, in 2002, to Maryland. Just in case anyone's forgotten, Indiana's 1987 win came over us, aka SU . . . that one still Smarts!

We are 1-2 in NC games, and GT is 1-3. Whatever little solace that provides.

Anyway, 2003 feels like a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away.

Let's go Orange! Let's go Red! How about another NC in the next three to five years? I'm getting old and my biological clock is going tick, tick, tick.

See
Not only does UCONN have five National Championships, all coming since 1999, but they've never lost in a championship game. They are 5-0. Of the top ten teams with the most MCBB championships, they stand alone in that regard. Indiana is next best having won five championships, 1940, 1953, 1976, 1981, 1987, and losing only once in a championship game, in 2002, to Maryland. Just in case anyone's forgotten, Indiana's 1987 win came over us, aka SU . . . that one still Smarts!

Let's go Orange! Let's go Red! How about another NC in the next three to five years? I'm getting old and my biological clock is going tick, tick, tick.
how bout we win two games in the ACC tournament

Fantastic post. Thanks for actually having data. Well done.

44cuse

Uconn has a better program than us, no way around it other than to twist the truth. We have fallen significantly and its painful to watch and comprehend. Id rather have less program wins and more National Championships. You play to win it all not rack up wins.

ESPN had a Blue Bloods graphic this morning. Anyone want to guess what school was NOT on it?

Maybe we forget about the football money and go back to where we belong
People are roasting you for saying this but I'm actually starting agree. "They'll fade into irrelevancy", they said. You gotta go where the money is, they said. I'd trade our football program for what UConn has in hoops the last few years. I'm not sure it will ever really recover and compete anyways. ACC hates us. They brought is in like some shady company bought the IP for Bell & Howell so they could hawk stupid flashlights. They're happy to have us in other sports, but for football and basketball they just want us on their chosen teams' win resumes.

An article on the Ringer site this AM - UCONN has won 5 titles in 25 years and missed the tournament nearly 33% of the time over the same time frame. They are way beyond us as a program - they have had some breaks and we have had some bad breaks but they are sniffing air we have never been close to. I hate it but its envy.

EF51F905-4E28-4589-B1AC-8FC48F71DDCE.jpeg

we sold our soul when we entered the ACC. UConn would have done the same. Perhaps their karma would be equally dinged as well.

How does UConn pay Hurley when they are in financial disrepair not being in the ACC? I'm glad we have an athletic dept that is well funded.

If you watch UConns offense closely it actually resembles a lot of what we ran in 09-10. They have been incredibly efficient results wise with their good teams. It is what it is. I'm done with worrying about that stupid fanbase and their 5th title. Let them enjoy it. Let's have Red keep working and get some juice in our own program again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom